Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-24-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
When will surf dad have a garage sale?

I started thinking the other day he must have a pile of boards in the shop. All of them different and all with some kind of crazy idea behind it. Maybe surf dad should start a club 100 bucks to join and you pay shipping and we send all his boards all over the place giving are own opinion on them. Hmmmmm

Surfdad- I follow all of your builds. I am amazed at some of the stuff you come up with. when are you going to start sharing with all of us?
Old    surfdad            10-24-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
That is so funny! :-) I was thinking about that just this morning. Thanks for the props, btw. Is there a board you're interested in, liljohn?
If it's one I made, I'll just give it away.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-24-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
Check the boards that you buy carefully. I think he drives over some of them:-)
Old    surfdad            10-24-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
Show! Shhhh! I'm trying to make a sale here! :-)
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-24-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
i thought it was a give away
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-25-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
You guys are too funny.. Surfdad I love all the the boards you build. I know I dont post alot but for sure I`m on here every day looking for the next step or the review on the finished product. I tried to come shake some of your hands personaly durring the NWWS. We made it by boat but never got there by land.
Old    surfdad            10-25-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to meet face-to-face at the NWWS! It's amazing the reach this forum has. Thanks for following all of my crazy builds and the props.

I think I'm going to try the hydrofoil next :-)
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-25-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Great another something to keep me hooked. thanks Jeff.just out of curiosity how many boards do you have stacked up? I have visions of your shop being wall to wall boards. lol
Old    surfdad            10-25-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
I can't find it now, but I had a picture of all of the boards laid out. I think it was around 40+ boards. I've built more than that, but if the shape or design element sucks, I scavange the boxes for reuse by cutting the board up :-) On some of the ultra light weight boards James has snapped them. I'm guessing he's broken 20 or so boards. :-) I typically do a post-mortem on them to see what caused the failure - again by cutting them up! :-) So...there are a lot of boards that have found their way to the landfill. :-)
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-26-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
Sopunds like you need a surf board grave yard. stick half of it in the ground like a head stone. perfect for this time of year :-)
Old    surfdad            10-26-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
LOL! And just think about the property values! :-)
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2009, 8:46 PM Reply   
Jeff if you ever want to get rid of a board or two I would pay you for one. It would be a huge improvement over a CWB Ride!!