Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-15-2015, 6:24 AM Reply   
Where are the videos? It is 07/15! Xgames.com/RealWake doesn't seem to have them up yet. I am super stoked to see what these guys threw down in each of their video parts. Who do you think will have the most hammers in their part? Personally I am looking forward to Dowdy's and Rathy's parts.......
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-15-2015, 6:49 AM Reply   
Update: XGames Real Wake videos will drop this afternoon (Info via. Xgames Instagram)
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-15-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
they are up. did dowdy just do a wake to wake 12?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-15-2015, 9:38 AM Reply   
vids are up.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-15-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
YUP! his last trick. Daaammm
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-15-2015, 9:49 AM Reply   
Great Videos. What am I voting on though like best video? Best riding? best hair?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2015, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideGull View Post
they are up. did dowdy just do a wake to wake 12?
HOLY CRAP! I had to watch it like 10 times but you are correct Dowdy did a wake to wake 12.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2015, 10:07 AM Reply   
Anyone have the link?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
I think he also did a heel back 10 no? I haven't seen the final video, but in the trailer, I believe that I saw one.

So it that the first wake to wake heel 12?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-15-2015, 10:09 AM Reply   
This is all I have found so far:

http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/rea...real-wake-2015
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-15-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
all videos are on Alliance wake
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I think he also did a heel back 10 no? I haven't seen the final video, but in the trailer, I believe that I saw one.

So it that the first wake to wake heel 12?
Yeah he does a wake 2 wake back 10 too. He pretty much puts on a spin clinic in the videos.

http://www.alliancewake.com/videos/x...os-and-voting/
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
its a toeside wake to wake 12
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-15-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
Dowdy absolutely killed it!!! I think his edit was well put together and simple....I think the other edits were sick! But they really crammed a lot of clips in, very interested take on wake filming with the smoke and the night shoot with the drone in Rusty's vid.....

The technical stuff on the rails was insane, my favorite was Raph in that aspect

On the wake side though.....Dowdy....HS w2w FS 10 & BS 10 & TS Double Back & TS w2w 12! This guy is on a whole different level!

#Dowdyslaysthewake
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-15-2015, 10:47 AM Reply   
Woah.
Thoroughly enjoyed all of that.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2015, 11:26 AM Reply   
Dowdy is definitely the man.

On another note.....how irritating is it to have to watch that Mastercraft ad every f-ing time?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-15-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
J-Rod - if you watch it on Alliance - you can just fast forward straight to the actual vid skipping the ad.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-15-2015, 11:35 AM Reply   
I commented on the X-Games page about it, so annoying watching the ad over and over....they do that with Real Snow too....the Navy Ad plays every time....

In other news, the comment battle on the Alliance Wake page is insane! Comments should be disabled maybe??
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-15-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
The comments below the vids on the alliance page are pure comedy.
talk about haters. whoa
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2015, 12:48 PM Reply   
wow you're not kidding. Sometimes I wish the internet would die. It enables immature little cowards to talk s@#$.
http://www.alliancewake.com/videos/x...os-and-voting/

How about these two ****ing idiots???

"Woowwwwww. This just proves that boat riding is dead, those sections were worthless compared to someone like Chris who is literllay in the ****ing streets! It just sucks that those spots were wasted on boat riders when there are so many up and coming rippers that would have destroyed their video parts and worked so hard to do it. Not by using ****ing smoke bomb gimmicks and film burns."

OH MY ****ING GOD THAT WAS ****"
YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE WAKEBOARDING AND YOU ****ED IT WAKEBOARDING IS FOR SURE NOT GUNNA BE THERE NEXT YEAR SO MANY WASTED SPOTS ON KOOKS THAT WANT TO PUT SMOKE IN THEIR VIDEO AND MAKES IT NEXT LEVEL"
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2015, 1:27 PM Reply   
the comment battle on Alliance totally reminds me of what used to go down here back in the day.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-15-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
The commenters throwing a tantrum () about how smoke bombs and floating lamborghinis are what is ruining wakeboarding need to really understand that THEY are the ones ruining wakeboarding. Anyone outside the sport that goes to that page to watch those videos will see all the comments and if it left a bad ataste in my mouth, it's reaally going to be bad for someone who is basing their opinion of wakeboarding on this contest.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-16-2015, 9:14 AM Reply   
ALL the riding was top notch. dowdy got my vote, him and harley have def. pushed the sport to a new level.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-16-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
the comment battle on Alliance totally reminds me of what used to go down here back in the day.
was it THAT bad? sounds wakeboarder.com'ish to me but I did take a hiatus from WW...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-16-2015, 10:26 AM Reply   
I think things are way worse these days on social media than they ever were here.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-16-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
HOLY CRAP! I had to watch it like 10 times but you are correct Dowdy did a wake to wake 12.
if im not mistaken, it looks like he also nose grabs the 1080 on his second to last trick.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-16-2015, 7:52 PM Reply   
Who had the floating lambos in their video?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-17-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
G = #lakelambo
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-17-2015, 8:52 AM Reply   
Snowboarding has a mega-trash talking culture. It all started with Wakezeach. Just another example of wakeboarder trying to be cool like snowboarders. I've said it forever, "It is time to kick off the training wheels." Wakeboarding is its own thing and doesn't need the approval of any sport. It can just stand on its own.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2015, 10:00 AM Reply   
I really enjoyed all of those videos.

Tricks are getting unreal...i never get sick of watching a double invert.

I had no ads on my ipad...

Lake Lambo aka G23
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-17-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
Amazing. Dowdy is nuts.
Kind of wish they had a Harris section for this. Just because his boat riding style is so different/awesome.

Also that comment section is hilarious. Anyone taking wakeboarding that serious, isn't a wakeboarder.
Wonder if MC is bummed that the guy with the best section is riding behind a G?
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       07-17-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
Dowdy just straight killed it with his video! Rathy showed his versatility, Grant stepping in with skate and wake skills was nice to see, Raph showing us more of what makes his riding unique, Abadie didn't really show anything new to me, but always a pleasure to watch. I was disappointed in Rusty's vid... Most action shots had lights glaring at the camera so seeing the trick was difficult at best. What was the deal with several riders using smoke bombs during riding!?!

To me, Dowdy brought a simple, "let me show wakeboarding to the masses!" attitude to the vid. No camera tricks, weird lighting, smoke & mirrors. Just let the riding speak for itself and that is exactly what it did. Helped that he also landed a new trick on video for the first time. I imagine MC will be a bit butthurt if he wins the contest riding behind a direct competition boat while they are the major sponsor though.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2015, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Snowboarding has a mega-trash talking culture. It all started with Wakezeach. Just another example of wakeboarder trying to be cool like snowboarders. I've said it forever, "It is time to kick off the training wheels." Wakeboarding is its own thing and doesn't need the approval of any sport. It can just stand on its own.
100% agree. We're not going to be "legit" because snowboarders, surfers, or skateboarders say we are.

That said my vote goes to Rathy's section. Dowdy's 12 was amazing and I think he should win but would be happy if Rathy wins and he should at least get silver.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-17-2015, 1:22 PM Reply   
This makes me wonder what could've made it into Prime if Dowdy hadn't suffered an injury after 3 days of filming.

While people are whiny, wakeboarding has a culture and it's progression is a result of people pushing and pulling the direction of the sport through positive and negative feedback. So someone like wakezeach has their place to push riders to be their best imo.

Cannot stop watching Dowdy's edit. He lands with such swag. Almost like a wake version of afterbang hahaha
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2015, 1:56 PM Reply   
I would love to have Randall's 15 seconds of Al Sur in there. That gets me so jacked to ride. While all of these are insanely impressive, it is not something any of us will ever do. While none of us go as big and cool as Randy, we have the possibility of doing many of those tricks. Would have been cool to have some kind of West Coast Flavor in the sections anyways.
Old     (conrmic)      Join Date: Jan 2015       07-17-2015, 4:07 PM Reply   
personally I'll be very mad if Dowdy doesn't win hahah. He had one of the only videos where most of it was wake boarding. I think some of the other videos had too much intro and non wake boarding going on
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-17-2015, 7:00 PM Reply   
Anyone else notice that the section with the Tige ASR only showed tricks off double-ups?

Dowdy's was the winner by a mile.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-20-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
I wish Massi Piffa had a section.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-20-2015, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
I wish Massi Piffa had a section.
I wish Shapiro and Murray had a segment!
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-20-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
I would love to have Randall's 15 seconds of Al Sur in there. That gets me so jacked to ride. While all of these are insanely impressive, it is not something any of us will ever do. While none of us go as big and cool as Randy, we have the possibility of doing many of those tricks. Would have been cool to have some kind of West Coast Flavor in the sections anyways.
Agreed!