Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jspd234)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-12-2012, 10:58 PM Reply   
hi guys and gals! i have a jabsco reversible pump, 2 fly high 400 lb sacs for each of the rear lockers, 1 250 lb sac for under the floor walk thru area, brass scupper intake, shut off valve, elbows, etc. i am ready to install .i am looking for recommendations on where to mount the pump, can i just run shut off valves in the feed lines to each sac to fine tune for boarding/surfing weight, is the pump gonna take forever to fill/drain 3 sacs, does each sac need a vent separately, etc,etc??? any help is appreciated!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2012, 11:21 PM Reply   
First off, the v210 needs a lot more weight in the front than you are planning. Ime put 700 pounds in the front before adding anything to the rear. From that point add weight 1:1 front to back until the 2500 total pounds or so mark, then just go ahead and order a new set of knees.

You can get a pro x series sack w705 that fits in the floor real good and hits around 700 pounds.

For pump placement i have one in each rear locker for each tank i have in there and one on the back of the rear seat in the engine bay for the front bag. You can get the pipe through on top of the gas tank.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-13-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Hey Darren you have the Part #for the 700 sac up front I wanna switch Out my stock one. And I'm manually filling mine right now so how many intakes you using 3? Or you just redirecting
Old     (jspd234)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-14-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
dont really need 2500 lbs
Old     (jspd234)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-14-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
dont really need 2500 lbs. at 47 yrs young with 5 acl replacements between both knees from motocross, hockey, snowboarding and wakeboarding injuries i just want a decent sized wake for me when i wakeboard. i need something decent sized for wakesurfing for me, my wife and kids.i would like to add an additional 300 or so lbs to the bow area inder the seats if possible with a v sac or custom or by cramming my other 250 lb tube sac under the bow seats.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspd234 View Post
dont really need 2500 lbs. at 47 yrs young with 5 acl replacements between both knees from motocross, hockey, snowboarding and wakeboarding injuries i just want a decent sized wake for me when i wakeboard. i need something decent sized for wakesurfing for me, my wife and kids.i would like to add an additional 300 or so lbs to the bow area inder the seats if possible with a v sac or custom or by cramming my other 250 lb tube sac under the bow seats.
You might want to think about adding some fixed weight to the front, imo the v210 is unbalanced with no ballast in it with far too much rear bias, the boat does everything better with 200 pounds right in the front in the chain locker thingy. If you want to wakeboard with a intermediate sized wake at a friendly speed the wake is great with 700 pounds in the front, nothing in the back @ 20mph. To surf leave the front weight the same and add 600 pounds to the surf corner, unlike most boats you have to weight the front to surf this boat.
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-16-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
I'll try to get you some pics tonight. I am just finishing a 2000 lb internal ballast set up for my 210.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about plumbing mine in but want to know if you guys are using3 intakes for 3 pumps or diverting via splitter?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
One intake for my system
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
So you got 3 splitters how long does it take you to fill. Hold on 3 pumps on 1 intake how does that work?
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-16-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Here is mine through hull, then shut off valve, then union, then 4 pumps
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2012, 6:01 PM Reply   
For me I have 11/4" intake/out flow and then a tee feeding to the front pump and then another tee splitting left and right to the rear pumps. Water in and out through the same scupper. Super simple but you need to have a good feel for how long to run the pumps on the empty cycle because you don't know when it is empty. So far so good over the last 900hrs/8-9 years.
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-16-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
Yes my manifold is also 1-1/4" and the lines are 3/4" from the pumps
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Oh and to fill takes 5 mins or so, give or take 1400 pounds total in water
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-16-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hey darren, I hope all is well.
I have done both reversible and aerators. I prefer aerators With a mushroom fitting but reversible might work better in your application with a 3 way diverter.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Damn I don't know y I'm confused I've never seen this in person but y you need 3 pumps if your using splitters and 1 scoop . Y not one pump with different valves to direct water where you want
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Hi Ty! Yes still doing well, Loving life and my wife! Riding my bike a lot more than my wakeboard these days but still have the holiday house and boat at the lake.

Generally speaking you only use solenoid valves with the aerator type pumps. but with aerator systems you need a pump for empty and a pump for fill. I prefer just one pump per zone with no valves. The wiring is a lot easier and the reversible pumps don't have any problem with priming, they do however do not like to be run dry and are a little slower an aerator. Pretty much all of the OEM systems have moved away from aerator style pumps to reversible so take that for what it is worth.

Chris if you are unsure how the pumps connect to the scoop I can draw you a quick drawing, but really there is nothing complicated to it, much simpler than an aerator style system with zone valves.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-17-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
there are also 3 way diverters you can get that are very cool. i believe florite carries them. wakemakers might carry them also. looks kind of like a perko switch if you decide to run all off of one or two pumps.

I have owned two v210's and installed auto ballast in both. the frist and most importatnt is the 700 pound sac in the center floor. I did this and put in 140 pounds of lead in the bow also. most of my friends preferred just this sac filled and not the rear. the wake is large and has an awesome shape.
i ran the thru hull under the engine on the right side and ran the hose to as far right as i could over the gas tank. you will see a round slot cut in the wood that looks like it is made for the hose.
If you look up into the floor compartment in the center icechest area you will see a large hole that ports up into the area by the drivers left foot. it is located behind the plastic molding that carries the air vent hose. From in the compartment on the bottom of the floor, get a knife and cut a slot in the carpet covering this hole and run the drain/over flow hose through the hole and to the right side of the boat. put a hole in the right side of the boat roughly 1" below the rub rail. you can match it up to the other fuel vent that is also right in the same area. this will make a great looking and very functional drain / over flow. the hose path will run from in the compartment, up the hole following the air vent hose by the drivers feet, and runs over to the right side wall.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-17-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
i did run 350 pound sacs in the rear of the first sanger but did not use them all the time. we mostly rode with the front only.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-17-2012, 5:07 PM Reply   
Darren-can you get that center sack pretty full in the ski locker?

The stock sack holds maybe 200lbs,and is kinda dissappointing.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
Not really sure how fill it gets but it takes up all the space available. I think 600+ , Sparky thinks 200 odd
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-18-2012, 5:27 AM Reply   
because of the tapering of the bow i am betting around 550 pounds.
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-18-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
I would say the ski locker is closer to 200 lbs. I have a 400lb in the locker and a 400lb above it and it takes two times as long to fill the 400 on top.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-18-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
I disagree. That is a large cavity down there. it is 67" long. the sac should be at least 60" long.
Water weighs 62.4 pounds per cubic foot.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-18-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Who lives in south bay I wanna check out some setups and exactly how you all are configuring it
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       07-18-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
I can weigh in on the amount of weight the Pro X Series sack fills too in the ski locker. I have a 98 v210 I'm not sure if there's a difference in the dimensions in the ski locker in that year compared to others. The day I go my center sack I stuck it down there, filled it up till it was popping out of the floor then drained it into buckets counting each bucket that was filled (yeah I had a lot of time that day haha), I then weighed a single bucket, did the math and came out with 325#'s. The number may not be exact but it's definitely close. Sorry to disappoint those of you that thought you were getting closer to 6 or 7 hundred pounds, but hey your boat still puts the same great wake but with even less weight than you thought!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Dang it. Hate it when Sparky is right
Old     (jspd234)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-18-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
maybe we who have v210's can all get wakemaker to make an arrow head shape sac for the front ski locker under the walk thru to take advantage of the dead space as the area widens forward past the pvc tubes that are fiberglassed in on each side all the way to the front where it narrows up to a point?? everbody can leave a comment on their website under the sanger brand hub
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       07-18-2012, 10:12 PM Reply   
That sack still does fill up the ski locker really well, I'm not sure getting a custom sack would really add that much extra weight. I was definitely surprised when I only got slightly over 300lbs out of it, considering it seems to get at least 80% full in there. But oh well, a couple hundred pounds of lead in the nose, center sack and a small sack in the bow walk through and you get all the weight you need in the front.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-19-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
I put 2*450 plus the stock sac up front at 23 mph the wake is peaky! Ya buddy
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-24-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Dang it. Hate it when Sparky is right
LOL......onto the steel/lead shot for bow weight.