Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-29-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
So I have been trying to figure out what to do about my lack of tower navigation light. I was kind of shocked at the prices of some of them. And I couldnt do the lighted tow spool due to my tower. So I was digging through my garage and found the old light pole that came with my boat and an old speaker clamp from DIY Wake. So I drilled the center threaded hole out of the clamp to 7/8" and cut my old light pole down to 12 inches. I used some epoxy to secure the pole to the clamp and this is what the finished product is. The wires will run through the center of the clamp and into the tower so no wires are exposed. Just a cool idea i figured to share with you guys,
Attached Images

Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       02-29-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
If youe mounting it to the top of your tower why make it so tall? seems like you would only need a couple of inches.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-29-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
Most would be fine with only a couple inches, but my bimini mounts to the top of the tower, and I frequently store stuff like tubes and floats up there while on the water so I don't have to deflate them, and my tow spool is like 4-5 inches tall so I wanted there to be no debate with the lake patrol about visibility just in case. They can be sticklers about things like that.

I also have to fold my tower either way for storage so the extra height isn't an issue. I am happy with how it came out
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-29-2012, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn View Post
If youe mounting it to the top of your tower why make it so tall? seems like you would only need a couple of inches.
That's what she said.

Cheesedip.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-01-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
niiice
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
hahahahahaha
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-10-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Well at the request of some here, and the fact that the boat will stay at the lake house this year I went ahead and shortened the light pole. From the top of the tower to the top of the light lense its 6 inches now, and seems less in the way. For a scrounge the garage idea I think it worked pretty well.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-10-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
I think its awesome, get some pics of it on your boat! If your bimini mounts to the top of the tower, did you have to cut a hole in the bimini for the light to go through?.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-10-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Ill snap some pics next time I make it down to the lake house. No the light and my speakers mount to my rear bar, and my bimini mounts to the front bar.