Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-15-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
Whats up guys!! heading out in a couple of weeks for the first ride of the year and also the first time wakeboarding in a wet suit... what other gear should I take to stay warm in the boat? what do you guys take when you are waiting your turn on the boat?
Old     (onepoorpilot)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2011, 4:27 PM Reply   
I take the heater hose and put it down my hoodie.... If your boat doesn't have a heater then Id bring long johns
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-15-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
i wore wetsuit and had a towel and i was fine
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-15-2011, 5:36 PM Reply   
I'm expecting the temps to be in the upper 50's and low 60's with water temps in the upper 40's maybe a hoodie and some sweats will do in between rides..
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-17-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
bring some hot/warm water bottles to dump in your wetsuit between sets, actually before each set, it works wonders.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-19-2011, 4:37 AM Reply   
is it crazy? heading out a lot earlier than expected actually going out tomorrow!!!! air temp should be around 65 and water temp right around 40 is that crazy? I just got a new oneill gooru 4/3 will it be enough?
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-19-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
I'm living in Quebec, so I'm use to ride in the cold! I developped some tricks to stay warm and not to die by hart attack when I fall in the COLD water. First, if you got a jacuzzi, just jump in it with your wetsuit during five minutes before your ride. After that, just run at the dock, jump on your wake and say GO! If you don't have a jacuzzi, just take a 10 min. set of trampoline until you sweat hard or take a jog if you don't have a tramp! Second, dock start are so much important. Don't start in the middle of the lake! Finally, after your set, take off your wet stuff and grab all the heater hose that you can and put your wetsuit close to the motor if you want to take another set! This year, I think I'm gonna buy a sheap sleeping bag to make a hole at the bottom to fit the heater hose to stay hot when I'm driving!
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       02-19-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
snuggie
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-19-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredthegnar87 View Post
snuggie
really?? a snuggie? the boys would really like that... give them ammo for a year
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       02-19-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
lol just a joke
Old     (nmcjr)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-19-2011, 7:30 PM Reply   
Beanie, gloves, WOOL socks, down booties (hey, they're warm but maybe not stylish), parka. I ride year round in a dry suit and as a rule wear no cotton. Cotton is a negative insulator when wet, so wool or tech fabrics (under armor etc.) will do wonders and provide warmth even when wet.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-19-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
You guys already ridding... luck dogs
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-19-2011, 8:56 PM Reply   
just got in from the first set a while ago. With numb feet and hands of course. lake temp about 40 and air temp 56 I had to try the new wetsuit out and it was awsome. I am super pumped that I am already wakeboarding and it is only february. Just hope I dont get sick Took a hoodie some sweatpants and some wool hunting socks did the trick