Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (AS41)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-26-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
I'm picking up a boat here in a few weeks (Owner and I already hashed everything out, just waiting for the snow to start melting before I tow it home) and I'm trying to get my equipment figured out. What I'm getting a little stuck on is what wakeboard and wakeskate I want to keep on the racks As far as the wakeskate goes, I'm thinking a 43 inch Ronix Electric collective would be a good one for people to start out on, but I'm getting stuck on the wakeskate itself. I'd like to keep the cost around $300-350 with bindings and probably 135-140 length (I think the heaviest of people that come out with me is about 200lbs, so probably closer to 140).

Given this will be a community/practice board, what would you guys personally buy?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-26-2014, 3:32 PM Reply   
ronix vault with divide bindings at EVO.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/mashups/ro...ings-2012.aspx

boom done
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-26-2014, 11:09 PM Reply   
get that, I paid over 500 for that same setup last year, and now i feel sick...
Old     (awakewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2013       02-27-2014, 6:27 AM Reply   
Can't say much for the wake skate but I can for the board. I think that a 135 is good if they are generally smaller riders, but if your average person is in the high 100s then I would suggest the 139. I would assume that you want open toe because you will have many different riders on it. If you are looking for killer deals go to evo.com and go to there outlet store. You can get boards and boots for half off. I would suggest the liquid force trip combo with the index bindings if you want a 2014 board in your price range. It is and a great board for all sizes and ages. http://www.evo.com/mashups/liquid-fo...ings-2014.aspx
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-27-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
ronix vault with divide bindings at EVO.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/mashups/ro...ings-2012.aspx

boom done
agreed
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-27-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
Ronix Vault is good another comparable to that would Be the Hyperlite State and a team closed toe or open toe is good too.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-27-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
I think you have to go OT for a board for others to use. Too many foot sizes. and i would err on the larger size. Yes the state is an equivalent board from HL but it costs more than the Vault thats why i put the vault on here. Plus i road the 144 vault for a year. and that board is super stable with or without the center fins. its really locked in... hard to fall on. thats why i like it so much as a beginner board. i never rode the state so i'm not sure on it.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-27-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
Also today evo.com use code 15today and get an extra 15% off an outlet item
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-27-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
Could always go CL and see what's around you. Typically it seems you can get 1-3 year old barely/lightly used versions for $130-175 for these entry level setups. Then you can see what you like and don't like for your next purchase .
Old     (AS41)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-27-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
Is it safe to say that the 2012 and 2013 vault is the same board with a different wrap?
Old     (awakewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2013       02-27-2014, 8:18 PM Reply   
Yes. That is most likely the case for a majority of the boards out there.