Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-18-2015, 6:48 AM Reply   
Got a decent deal on this boat in my area. My main reason for getting a boat is to be able to surf. How is the surf wave on a 2004 Calabria Cal Air Pro V? It seems to have a deep v hull and may do a pretty good job surfing but I was wondering if anyone here could speak from experience.

Also what would you pay for this boat in good (not mint) condition with roughly 200-220 hours?

Thank you in advance
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2015, 11:17 AM Reply   
Not sure on pricing but used to have a friend with an 05 pro-v.

Setup was typically a sac in the bow. An underseat bow bag would have been great, but a 400# bag worked too.

depending on crew size filled both of the quick fill ballasts, and 750 or 1100 in the rear locker on surf side

if the crew was light we did another 400# bag on the seat on the surf side.

The boat NEEDS bow weight, however the nose is very prone to dipping when picking up the rider.

Switching out to the adjustable trim tab if yours doesn't have it is supposed to be great as well.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-19-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
eh not a fan of the bow dipping....... I should say the wife isn't
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-20-2015, 6:52 AM Reply   
I'm not familiar with the cal air I do have a 09 pro v 2
Are you looking to surf or wake board. What is your hull length is it the Sam as the pro V
I can help you out with a surf wake,
I have played around with different surf gate ideas on it. I have something working. Well now
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-23-2015, 4:02 PM Reply   
Got any pics of your latest gate creations Mark?
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-08-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
This video was taken from behind my boat yesterday http://youtu.be/a6L0REnrTFE

I have an 06 pro v. Like others have said, need some weight up front, but can be accomplished by putting 1 or 2 people up there. I also installed an adjustable trim plate which helped a lot (trim plate full up for wake surf, 50% for wakeboarding).

Wake has plenty of push, just wish I had a longer pocket.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-08-2015, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hey clark where did you get the plate from?
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-08-2015, 6:54 PM Reply   
Oh man, I can't remember. It is a basic trim plate that is the same approximate size as the fixed one that came with the boat. Has dual hydraulic cylinders that have a single switch that controls them. I'll post if I can figure out the model.
Old     (Tigro)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-09-2015, 6:18 AM Reply   
Its made by Bennett Marine. http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/class...-options/#Euro. Pick the tab size that will fit your boat.