Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 7:59 AM Reply   
After being at the boat show yesterday we narrowed our search to these 2 boats. There are things we liked about both boats and things we disliked. The Mojo is a new hull for 2015 so not really much for feedback on it from the dealer, other than…."it's awesome"!!! Haven't been in the Supreme either, but the dealer is a friend of a friend and my buddy has been in it and says the wave is nice. We wakeboard/ surf probably 70/30. We need a boat that can handle big water as we are buying a second home at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Along with that second mortgage we can't afford to buy a 100K boat right now so we arrived at these 2.

To save some time I'm mostly interested in feedback on these 2 boats. We want to buy new and are not interested in used options right now. Sadly MB and Sanger are not offered locally so not an option. Did I miss another options where I can buy a 22.5-23 footer in that 60-70K range? Thanks in advance.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2015, 8:13 AM Reply   
If you thinking 226 and need big water ride I would throw Centurion in there as well.

Haven't been behind 15 Mojo,but the 14 wasn't that great of surf boat even with flow. It ride so now high to get a decent surf wake you had to practically stand behind the wheel. I really liked the wakeboard wake though. Much better than than the 226. Had more transition and way more kick. It really snapped you off it. Si if wakeboarding is the priority I dontvthubk the hull got that big of a redesign. I think the just tweaked it to help with flow system.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-25-2015, 8:14 AM Reply   
I finally got to crawl around in a moomba yesterday at the sf boatbshow, it had a netter interior than the 15 supreme and more options for less $$, but I am unsure how it surfs....the supreme is proven, plus u can get the dumbo ear surf tabs on the supremes now. I've ridden supreme and its a easy boat to setup, but they are a lot more $$ than what they used to be. A lot.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-25-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
I was pretty drawn to the supreme at the boat show. I was thoroughly impressed by the feel of the interior. Styling wise, I really liked it too. Really the only boat at the mpls boat show that I could see myself spending the money to buy new. The interior of the supreme wins hands down compared to the moomba, IMO.
Old     (ercAXISA22)      Join Date: Dec 2014       01-25-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
You could look into the Axis boats with surfgate. That would fit in your price range.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 9:14 AM Reply   
Axis isn't an option to us. My wife really doesn't care for the styling and we had a very poor experience with the local dealer a couple years ago. Just plain rude and snobby. If you don't roll up in a luxury car throwing money they don't have time for you. Centurion's are just to shallow in the back for our liking. To get into the deeper new style hull the money goes way up, out of the range we want to be in.

We did really like the Supreme interior also. The vinyl and fit and finish was nice. Like the quick fill ballast and other features. Didn't really care for the tower and racks. The bow is the biggest issue. Its huge and takes away to much space from the cabin, IMO. Plus the corners are a weird shape and wasted space. Did like the styling and lot of standard features. We also really like the dealer and as I said he is a close friend of a close friend of mine. My buddy has a very high opinion of him and grew up with him so has known him all his life. That can't be overlooked as we all know how important dealer experience is.

The Moomba is also nice. The Vinyl is not as flashy but equally as well made. I like that the compartments are rubber lined(no smelly wet carpet) and are also deeper than the floor which makes them huge. We like the smaller bow with a much larger cabin. Like the screen gauge combo versus, the multi function gauges in the Supreme. The new Mojo dash is very much Supra design. Much more high end design. The supreme is all switches and more old school. Both are functional and everything is within reach. Supreme drivers seat was less comfortable but the rest of the interior was plusher.

Price is going to be close. Hard to demo right now as we are ice fishing in our riding spot. Both companies are already 8-10 weeks out on builds(we would order) and that is only going to get longer. I don't want to buy without a demo, but I also don't want to wait for 3 months for a boat after we demo in April/ May.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2015, 10:05 AM Reply   
The Supreme will have a less than average wakeboard wake in the inboard boat game just because it's a deep-v wakeboat all the way back. This will ride way better in big water but will be side to side sensitive to weighting while wakeboarding. Itll blow away the Moomba in surfing but the Moomba has it beat in wakeboarding. If it were me in your budget and big water needs, wanting both wakeboarding and surfing I'd look into the MB 23 TWB if you have a dealer. Feels like a limo inside, interior vinyl is better than Moomba and Supreme, deep-v with proven surfing on both sides and a great wakeboard wake with hard tank ballast.

Last edited by you_da_man; 01-25-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
After being at the boat show yesterday we narrowed our search to these 2 boats. There are things we liked about both boats and things we disliked. The Mojo is a new hull for 2015 so not really much for feedback on it from the dealer, other than…."it's awesome"!!! Haven't been in the Supreme either, but the dealer is a friend of a friend and my buddy has been in it and says the wave is nice. We wakeboard/ surf probably 70/30. We need a boat that can handle big water as we are buying a second home at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Along with that second mortgage we can't afford to buy a 100K boat right now so we arrived at these 2.

To save some time I'm mostly interested in feedback on these 2 boats. We want to buy new and are not interested in used options right now. Sadly MB and Sanger are not offered locally so not an option. Did I miss another options where I can buy a 22.5-23 footer in that 60-70K range? Thanks in advance.
RB - I can only speak about the 15 Mojo. Having ran Collegiate wakeboard events with the 14 and earlier hull with success, I have to say that the 15 hull has gotten even better. Because we often get brand new riders in the wakeboard club ( often in wormans division) mixed in with the experienced team members (good riders), I was impressed with the new 15 hull to pull at slower speeds with a clean wake . The full ballast wake is longer and rampier with very impressive size with factory ballast.

One of the most noticeable aspects of the 15 hull is how stable the wake is from side to side and how great it can handle full ballast and crew in tight turns. Handling in tournament style turns with full ballast is a real pet peeve for me. For you RB, it is a very dry boat in rough water and unusually good for not dipping the front or swamping the back with full ballast which makes this boat very forgiving for lake of the Ozarks.

I have only used the manual surf system on the 15, so I cannot report on the new automatic system but I'm well versed on the Supra system and am told it is very similar. If so, this boat will be hard to beat.

Most importantly, the Ford Raptor motor is a big upgrade in torque for those full ballast and crew days, right in that 2500-3500 rpm where its needed the most and is noticeable. I spent a good afternoon throwing the rope off the back pad on a slammed surf set where you always get gassed from fumes. I was extremely impressed with the unnoticeable amount of fumes from this engine. I have not personally ran this motor in tournament, but my driver friends are reporting this motor is very efficient on fuel compared to the Chevy.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
As said above MB isn't an option as the nearest dealer is 10+ hours away.
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-25-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
I would imagine that the twb 23 will be above 70k. Perhaps closer to 80k as well.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
Cause you said Wakeboard/Surf 70/30 i'd go Moomba.
If you were Surf/Wakeboard 70/30 I'd go Supreme.
If you do 50/50 then I would lean to the dealer you like best.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-25-2015, 7:16 PM Reply   
I thought you were a Tige loyalist?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 7:35 PM Reply   
Not any longer. Had a bit of a falling out with them. My 2014 was a very poorly built problem boat and they seemed to care less. Lost my faith in them and the local dealer.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 7:37 PM Reply   
Supreme 226
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 7:39 PM Reply   
Moomba Mojo
Attached Images

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2015, 7:53 PM Reply   
If Supreme did something with the bow cushions I'd be in but it looks like crap. Looks like the bow is about to take a scoop of the lake

Last edited by you_da_man; 01-25-2015 at 8:03 PM.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-25-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
@A.J...Also my least favorite thing about the boat. The front corners have such a weird angle that they are unusable to me. It is also so large it takes away to much space from the cabin, IMO. Really do like the rest of the boat. Going thru numbers today I am thinking the Moomba is going to come in between 5-10K cheaper. That may end up making it a no brainer.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-25-2015, 10:13 PM Reply   
The moomba dash is slightly less ugly than the supreme dash. Slightly.
Old     (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-26-2015, 6:51 AM Reply   
I think the Moomba looks nicer based upon the pictures.
Old     (nittyp)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-26-2015, 9:24 AM Reply   
Not sure what that material is that they are using inside the Supreme instead of carpet, but it looks like the same material that is used on the back platform on my Axis. So far, that material has been annoying and somewhat of a bitch to keep clean, especially getting stains out of it.. Even foot prints.. And it looks like crap when its dirty.. I would think even more-so on a light gray color like that.
I saw both of these boats at the boat show in SF last weekend.. So many nice boats.. Good luck with your decision!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-27-2015, 11:00 AM Reply   
@ Nick. The Supreme floor is Sea Dek brand. The actually brand not a knock off. I'm sure you platform is a similar material, but not sure of it is the Sea Dek brand. Snap in carpet is standard, the sea dek is an option.

Right now its looking like the Mojo comparably equipped is going to come in about $7K cheaper and I am still working on them.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-27-2015, 11:10 AM Reply   
What are they asking for the 226?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-27-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
Sent you a PM.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
I absolutely love the surf wake on the 226, but I will not even bring out my wakeskate or a wakeboard behind that boat. The wake is no fun for me. The wake isnt smooth, it washes out easily, has a weird transition, and the wakes are super wide for how small the wake is.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-27-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
Thats good to know as we will be wake boarding at least 75% of the time.
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       01-27-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
Surf system would be the thing I'd decide on. Unless your kids are going pro anytime soon the wakeboard wake will work. And when your kids do turn pro they'll want a G23!! The surf system gimmick on the Moomba is.... We'll... I can't say anything nice about it.

I haven't wakeboarded behind the Supreme but have seen the wake. Seemed decent but that was from the boat...
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-27-2015, 4:22 PM Reply   
Agreed on the flow system... Wait for the supra swell similar system which supposedly is coming this year yet.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-27-2015, 4:36 PM Reply   
Mojo would have the auto flow which is the new Moomba version of the Supra swell. Controlled by a switch on the dash.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       01-28-2015, 8:47 AM Reply   
moomba if you board 75%.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-28-2015, 9:48 AM Reply   
Here is a pic of a 2012 Mojo Wake and Wave, nicely weighted.
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-28-2015, 9:55 AM Reply   
2012 Mojo looks nice, but the 2015 is a completely redesigned hull. Thats why there is so little info out there. Supposed to be better, but aren't they always!! LOL
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-28-2015, 10:36 AM Reply   
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. As we planned on a v226 being our next boat, until I saw the new mojo a few months back. I think the mojo seems like a good bang for its buck.
I'll let yall work out the bugs and pick one up next summer. Lol
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       01-28-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
I think I heard a rumor that the new 23' mojo hull is based off the SA hull?

Here is a new Mojo our local dealer had ... S bend tower and Z5 are now an option also ...

Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-28-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
2012 Mojo looks nice, but the 2015 is a completely redesigned hull. Thats why there is so little info out there. Supposed to be better, but aren't they always!! LOL
So I will chime in here as that 2012 with the pics is my boat. LOL. The 2012 is awesome and I was going to upgrade to the 2015 but once our dollar hit the floor I decided I will hang on to mine for now. The 2015 Wake is supposed to be better in the sense of side to side finicky issues that came from the first version. I have done a lot of research on the 2015 and would buy one sight unseen without a problem as there is nothing anywhere saying its worse off than the 2012-2014 version this is my 2 cents. Coming off the service I get from my dealer and skiers choice its also a huge reason why I would and will stick with a Mojo of any style, but the 2015's are very impressive from what I see. Anyways good luck shopping around and hope to see some pics of what you are going to go with.
Old     (Gettin_it)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-19-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
I'd like to know what you ended up buying. I decided to sell my 01' Supra this year and bought the 15' Mojo at the boat show earlier this month. I got them down to a price that no one could argue with. It should arrive by mid-march.