Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-04-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
So I drove up to one of my local lakes to see where the water was.....holy crap Ive never seen it so full. It is crazy how fast the water comes up. About 2 weeks ago it was down I would say atleast 35 feet and now it's as full as it gets. Totaly stoked.
Old     (veritas)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-04-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
Up here in NH my lake is still frozen :-(

Water is waaaay down, cuz they drain the lake so peoples docks and sh*t don't get ripped away in the ice.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-04-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
the water level on my lake gets real low twice a day secondary to the gravitational pull of the moon and sun. and then 6 hrs later its full again. lol. watch out for sand bars they will get ya.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-04-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
Lake powell will be sweet this year! I'm stoked. Lots of snow in Colorado and many powder days! Insane season
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
All the lakes around me are really low.

We wont even be able to keep our boat at the dock this year, unless we get some serious rain.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-05-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
Lake Murray her in SC is as full as it has been in years. Gonna be a great summer.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-05-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
Same thing in central Arkansas, Greers Ferry Lake is way up
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-05-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Flooding here in West Tennessee. Makes for a great summer, it's a good thing I don't live in a low area. The lakes are higher than they have been in over 10 years.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-06-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
We still have over 12" of ice on the lake and over 5 metre's of snow (aka about 15') iver the winter is melting with the long awaited spring temps in the low 50's high 40's and we now have fooding.

Lake is already 3' above norm max level and has risen 5" since yesterday. Our river, dam, lift lock can't get the over flow from lake simcoe out fast enough! Sparrow lake is suppose to rise another 3-4' before cresting. Good thing our cottage is about 35' up from the shore.. that water can raise plenty more.. we just may have to reset the floating dock anchors.
Old     (oddos2525)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-06-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Justin what lake you on, I'm on province lake nh