Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-09-2012, 9:39 PM Reply   
I bought a $20 one from mono price and spliced an old USB cell phone charger in line to get the 12v down to 5v. It's hidden under the dash, so I didn't really care how it looked. I could do without another volume control.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Killer product Brian! My head unit has built in dual zone control which I thought was great, until I realized you had to navigate through a bunch of sub-menus to access it, combining that with a display being damn near impossible to see in the sun was not the simplicity I was looking for. I have an audiocontrol 6XS that I used primarily for sub-control. The 6XS didn't do much more than make my setup more complicated with a 3rd crossover, and occasionally would shut off for some reason.

I love the fact this unit has sub-control. When you have a solid 2000+ wrms going to a sub, you're going to want the ability to control output quickly and easily. I'm ditching my 6XS for this.

It's nice having the pioneers from Phoenix Gold in the boat audio industry. I've seen the amps you guys designed in the late 80's and early 90's selling for $1000+. The old school Phoenix Gold gear is highly sought after.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-13-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
Any word on when the ZLD will be available?
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-13-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_foilhead View Post
Any word on when the ZLD will be available?
Exile site shows estimated ship date of 03/16
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-13-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
I got the Avantalk piece in yesterday. It's tiny! Gonna try it out tomorrow on the boat.

I'm guessing the Exile version will come with a 12V adaptor? This one just comes with a USB cable. I grabbed a 12V dual USB charger that I'll solder a power and ground wire to.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-13-2012, 10:19 PM Reply   
@ Tx_foilhead: I believe the website was update to list 3/16 as ship date. We may start getting them out the door as early as Thursday, but keep in mind there is well over 150 preorders in the cue. They will go in first in first out. I told our guys this afternoon. Don't rush. Get it right the first time. Hopefully we get them all out in a timely fashion. Enjoy the tunes.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (jaed)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-28-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Any news on when the Bluetooth puck will be shipping?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-28-2012, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaed View Post
The original unit has been on the market for quite awhile.

http://www.avantalk.com/products02.php?id=62
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-28-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaed View Post
Rumor has it that the puck might be on the back burner as the manufacturer won't ship it with the lossless codec that Exile wants to use to improve the sound quality. Supposedly they are working on something better than the puck, but that remains to be seen.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-29-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Update on the puck is that we've pushed back our production. The changes that we require make it different than any version in the USA market which include magnet mounting, long battery life, and most importantly the lossless codecs. There are several cheaper current BT devices that will satisfy the needs of many if sound quality isn't critical.

The device TigeMike is recommending has a lot of noise. I'd stay out of that piece as there are a lot better choices for about the same buck.

re: other wireless projects.... we are in the thick of engineering and will be alpha testing in late 2012 with official announcements early 2013. At this point it would be inappropriate to elaborate other than to say XXXX.

The other product mentioned in the press release with the puck is now shipping.

Cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Bummer. If you can do it at a reasonable cost, a ZLD 2.0 with Bluetooth built in would be fantastic.