Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2019, 5:32 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I ordered a new Optima Blue Top battery for my 12 SANTE 210 which was going to be my starting battery for the season. Upon arrival, I realized the battery was damaged in shipping (see pics). The dealer of course said I could return or keep for $50 which is their scrap price. He said as long as I could store it in a waterproof container there should be no ill effects. Looking at the pics, would you guys agree with this suggestion? $50 is a lot better than $275, but I also want a battery that performs correctly and not risk damaging my boat if it started to leak when charging.

Thoughts????
Attached Images

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-03-2019, 11:51 AM Reply   
Nope, nope nope! Id get a new one shipped and let the shipper work it it out with the carrier.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-05-2019, 8:07 AM Reply   
Kinda defeats the purpose of a sealed battery in the first place... that’s a no for me
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2019, 3:01 PM Reply   
Option #1 Battery Recycle
Option 2,3,4,5 Please see option #1

Charge that thing and see what AGM paste is like!!! I’m just kidding don’t do that. $hit is nasty and corrosive
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       05-06-2019, 6:34 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!!!! I agreed with you all once I thought it over a little bit and your responses just reinforce that decision. There is no telling what would happen after that thing was drained and strapped to a charger!!!! Not much on science experiments inside my boat...I have enough of those when people drop food in my boat without me knowing it until a week later...lol.
Old     (optimajim)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-06-2019, 2:39 PM Reply   
I'd very much like to see the box/packaging your battery was shipped in and the name/location of the retailer who sold it to you and extended that offer to you. Please email the information to info@optimabatteries.com with attention to Optima Jim and please recycle that battery. Thanks!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries