Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-26-2017, 11:12 AM Reply   
I finally had the opportunity to drive, surf, and sit in an Centurion Boats Ri257 for more than a few hours. I wanted to share my video, as well as pictures to give others a glimpse into this intriguing boat. As some*of you may know, I am not currently affiliated with any dealership or manufacture so I am non-biased... Here it goes:
Surf:*This wave was unreal! It's*incredibly powerful, concrete firm, and was a long as they come. The sensation this wave provided was like experiencing Wakesurfing all over again, for the first time. The ability to adjust the wave was rather vast and refreshing for someone who likes to tinker and refine their wave.

Driving:*The engine was very smooth (PCM 450HP DI) and easily handled the 12,000lbs load of boat, ballast, and 6 people. This boat handles nowhere near the almost 26' feet that it actually is and was very responsive / nimble in picking up a downed rider. The rough water ride was incredibly smooth and provided a better cabin experience getting to and from. My only complaint was that the*bow was rather high from a drivers viewpoint when surfing.

Interior:*No expensive was spared here... The*machined grab handles, cup holders, sliding rear bench seat, etc. all oozed class. The seat bolster were about as thick as they came and the overall layout and flow of the interior is very ergonomic / functional. The dash was actually a lot more user friendly and warm than I would've imagined. The storage is still plenty of deep and much more improved than*previously equipped Ramfill boats. Silent Stinger makes the cabin very quiet and allows for comfortable conversations amongst your buds.

Exterior:*Centurion is known for producing some of the best quality of work when it comes to Gel Coat. I found no blemishes, voids, etc.*The lines on this boat flow well*and are easy on the eyes... The charcoal / black combo on this boat is timeless and refreshing without the addition of metal flake.*

Sound:*The boat was equipped with a Roswell Downfire system. Very crisp and clear with plenty of bump to go with it... This factory system is plenty! Nice work Roswell.

2017 Centurion Boats Ri257 by Mason Obray, on Flickr
[url=https://flic.kr/p/WVwYtc]

Last edited by MCObray; 07-26-2017 at 11:17 AM.