Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 10:26 AM Reply   
Looking to add some weight to my 13 Tomcat.

I have asked several questions over the last couple weeks (heater, and surf plate)
and have got great advice and lead to other threads other places about each. So, I am looking to figure out how to add some weight to make the surf wave that much better.

From what I have found online I need weight up more in the center of the boat. So my thought is to find a bag that is surf locker and up under the passenger side seating.

So any thoughts or have you done this to your MB? Have a pickle fork and love it, and will love it a lot more once I get the plate installed but I still think I need more weight back there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
Thinking something like this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Origin-Wakeb...item35ec42a5d4
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-07-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
I would run an integrated bow sack, which is 600 but only holds about 450-500, 600-900 under the seats almost all the way back or in the rear locker, and the factory surf side full! That will hunt!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 11:50 AM Reply   
when you say "integrated" what does that mean? So I need to also find a bag for up from you are saying.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       07-07-2015, 4:02 PM Reply   
Run Enzo sacks in each locker/underneath seats
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-enzo-surf-sac.html

We ran an A frame sack underneath the front seats
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html

Thats what we ran in our tomcat and had a MASSIVE surf wave!

Run stock and enzo bag full surf side, run non surf side about 1/2 full stock, run full in front.

Get up on plane between 11-11.5, Trim tab about 1/4 down, drain non surf side until clean..Presto thats it!

Check out MBboatowners and people will steer you in the right direction!

This is what our wave looked like:

http://vancouverwatersport.com/sample-page-2/
Click on wave
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 4:08 PM Reply   
that is hilarious! We literally have the EXACT same boat setup. Mine is a 13 but color choices are exact. Guess mine has the new tower too.

So that nose bags fits up there?

Last edited by ScottR; 07-07-2015 at 4:15 PM. Reason: a
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       07-07-2015, 4:14 PM Reply   
No way! You didn't buy my old boat did you? lol

The nose bags will fit, It will push the seats up a bit when you fill it all the way but I usually get around 500 in the front, 1400 in each rear locker.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 4:20 PM Reply   
Cool....

So I am thinking a surf side bag and a bag up front. I don't have a plate now...... do i need one?
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       07-08-2015, 9:19 AM Reply   
A tab will help clean up the wash in the middle of the wave... It will help you shape the wave but its not a requirement.... I got a horse stall mat and cut out a 40" x 48" square and hung it underneath my platform, that really cleaned up the surf !

Last edited by Greeko; 07-08-2015 at 9:26 AM.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-08-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
Greeko now that is ingenuity!! Got a pic?
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       07-08-2015, 2:02 PM Reply   
Check on MBboatowners. I posted it up there. Still get the tab but the flap is rad!