Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-02-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Some pictures of our local reservoir, it could be a very tough year for boating in Nor-Cal if we do not see some rain soon. Folsom is 103' down, 19% of capacity. Ten day forecast shows no rain in site. They have officially declared a drought in our area, today weather is going to set a record of 68 degrees.

Does anyone else have any low water pictures of any reservoirs in California?
Attached Images

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-02-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
Nuts!! I just drove down there for the holidays and stayed by Folsom and passed over Shasta. It is crazy low. Good luck to you guys getting some rain soon!
Old     (JCat)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-02-2014, 1:18 PM Reply   
Everything in Nor Cal is down. Not good.
Here is a good link to look at the water levels (and other info) of all the reservoirs in CA.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/misc/resinfo.html
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-02-2014, 2:06 PM Reply   
Drove down near Folsom (Fair Oaks/ Orangevale area) over the holidays too. Folsom was sad to see. I grew up near Shasta and it's pretty bad this year too. Late February & March is typically the rainy season there but if it doesn't come they will be just about giving away housboat rentals. 75 degrees wearing shorts and flip flops the day before Christmas was a nice change though...
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-02-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
West coast lake levels are such a foreign concept to us east coasters. If our lakes go down 5 feet people s@%& a brick (mainly because we have houses on our lakes so it would enrage home owners and kill property values)

If my home lake in VA (one of the deeper ones in the region) was down 103 ft, we would have a series of disconnected puddles with a small pond near our dam.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-02-2014, 2:44 PM Reply   
Actually there's 3 days with likely precipitation next week. X your fingers we need snow more then water. If so cal would just quit stealing out water!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-02-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfadam View Post
West coast lake levels are such a foreign concept to us east coasters. If our lakes go down 5 feet people s@%& a brick (mainly because we have houses on our lakes so it would enrage home owners and kill property values)

If my home lake in VA (one of the deeper ones in the region) was down 103 ft, we would have a series of disconnected puddles with a small pond near our dam.
Adam, most of the lakes in California release water to Southern California and farmers throughout the state. We have very few lakes that do not release water throughout the summer. They have not built a new reservoir in California since the 70's, and the population has exploded since then and water consumption increases yearly. Maybe this drought will start some interest in some new reservoirs in the state, along with Southern California using desalination. They have a huge ocean next to them and for some reason they cant figure out how to transport the water from the ocean to mainland which would cut back releases from the reservoirs in Nor-cal.

It is not uncommon for a reservoir in California to average a .5-1 ft drop per day from June through October. They typically hold back on releases during winter and spring months to fill back up the reservoirs with snowpack and rainfall. We are now in our third year straight of less than average rainfall/snow pack and its catching up with us. Keeping our fingers crossed for some heavy precipitation over the next few months.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-02-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
I just bought a house at Folsom Lake - walking distance to Folsom point. We need rain!
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-02-2014, 8:16 PM Reply   
I remember a couple of years ago when Lake Travis was the lowest I ever seen it.. There was a guy with a Toyota pick up cruising around with the bed of his truck full of sunglasses and cell phones...
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-02-2014, 8:18 PM Reply   
Is desalinization still too expensive? Or why can't they go that route sooner
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-02-2014, 10:03 PM Reply   
The do that in Cabo
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2014, 12:47 AM Reply   
Just cruised over Shasta today on our way back from the PNW. The north end of the lake under I-5 was totally empty with a small creek running through it. Sad...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-03-2014, 6:50 AM Reply   
Man, I feel for you guys. That just plain sucks. I can't imagine having the kind of money tied up we do in these boats and equipment and then wondering if there is going to be water in the lake. Our lake fluctuates maybe a foot or 18 inches spring to fall and we get nervous if it drops past that 18 inches in dry falls. Can't imagine 10's of feet!!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-03-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Typical lack of planning in a liberal state. No power plants being built, no reservoirs, no refineries, all the typical NIMBY stuff; meanwhile population growing - what, new people don't use water, gas and other natural resources? Enjoy the land of fruits and nuts….. Hope and change baby, hope and change.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-03-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
Up here in the PNW they release water in the lakes in the fall so they can absorb the snow melt in the spring, but we are having below average snow this year so far so the snowmelt may not fill them up as much this summer.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-03-2014, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Man, I feel for you guys. That just plain sucks. I can't imagine having the kind of money tied up we do in these boats and equipment and then wondering if there is going to be water in the lake. Our lake fluctuates maybe a foot or 18 inches spring to fall and we get nervous if it drops past that 18 inches in dry falls. Can't imagine 10's of feet!!
That's why I use my boat in salt water. No shortage of water there, except low tide. Yes, it eats up our fresh water boat, but someday we will have a Salt Series and will be golden.

What scares me, is the colorado river drying up. It would be crazy to see Havasu back to being a river.
Old    timothylawrence            01-03-2014, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
Typical lack of planning in a liberal state. No power plants being built, no reservoirs, no refineries, all the typical NIMBY stuff; meanwhile population growing - what, new people don't use water, gas and other natural resources? Enjoy the land of fruits and nuts….. Hope and change baby, hope and change.
Hah, that's funny. Seen Lake Travis in TX lately? Or read about the traffic problems in Austin?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-03-2014, 1:21 PM Reply   
I guess the lack of rain in CA is better than when they actually had it but the state restricted the flow of water from the delta becuase of an endangered fish. I mean who cares about farming and all the agriculture out there, they had fish to save!!
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-03-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
Yeah but growing crops that require a lot of water like cotton and alfalfa iin the desert aka Central Valley isn't smart either
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-03-2014, 9:40 PM Reply   
Every time you eat a pizza chances are the tomato paste is from the delta which is a huge farming area growing everything. We need the fish too. Leave the water in the delta where it belongs.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-03-2014, 9:57 PM Reply   
Lake Travis, Texas

Pretty sad.............

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-04-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
Just curious but if it wasn't for a man made resivior being able to store water and release it, how much water do you think would be flowing to the delta at this point? There would be a giant influx of water during the snow melt and then have zero water from June or July til about December or January when it starts to rain some. Water storage is a valuable thing to have. Mimicking nature would probably leave the delta completely dry 5 months out of the year. Have you ever seen the amount of water flowing into don Pedro around late June or July? Calling it a trickle is generous and its now January and still not much better than it was 6 months ago. Fish also need water year round and late summer just like the Ag does. Capacity and downfall are as valuable to a fish as it is a farmer.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-04-2014, 8:09 AM Reply   
Let there be snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-04-2014, 2:28 PM Reply   
We have record snow thus far in Muskoka Ontario (North of Toronto) and record cold... I wouldn't be surprised for snow melt flooding in the spring if it melts too quick! d
We have had over 3.5'-4' of snow fall and another 10" forecaster for tomorrow and monday.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-04-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Lake Naci is at 24% and San Antonio is at 5% capacity. Its going to take a few years of rain to get it back up to usable levels.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-04-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
Lake berryessa is still at 94 percent (98 last year, this time).
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       01-04-2014, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gti2lo View Post
We have record snow thus far in Muskoka Ontario (North of Toronto) and record cold... I wouldn't be surprised for snow melt flooding in the spring if it melts too quick! d
We have had over 3.5'-4' of snow fall and another 10" forecaster for tomorrow and monday.
Maybe we can start trucking it to our mountains...
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-04-2014, 10:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam6961 View Post
Lake berryessa is still at 94 percent (98 last year, this time).
That is great, they must not release water all year???

I have heard rumor Folsom lake was drained down this year to perform work on the dam. They have been doing some massive retrofits over the past three years. in June the lake was only 23-25' down, seems odd now its about empty. Never have seen it drop this much in the past 18 years I have lived in this area.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       01-05-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
Sanger Tom,

Do you have any pics of SA and where the water currently is?
Old     (Jrod)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-05-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
lake San Antonio 9/1/13:

this is coming down the hill towards south shore launch ramp.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-05-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
I don't have any pics. I wish I was close enough just to see what it looks like.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       01-05-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
That was my primary lake a few years ago! Never seen it that bad before...guess its a bad time to be in boat sales along the central coast!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-06-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
Javier, what does Naci look like?
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-06-2014, 12:53 PM Reply   
http://www.fishwithjd.com/2014/01/05...-bone-dry-wtf/
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-06-2014, 12:55 PM Reply   
Mine has plenty of butter
Attached Images

Old     (Jrod)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-08-2014, 2:17 AM Reply   
this was naci on 9/1/13. i only go across the dam. i haven't ever actually boated there.

probably looks different now.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-08-2014, 5:07 AM Reply   
Wow, sadly I'm glad I'm not in CA. Thanks for the pic
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-08-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
Sounds like most of you guys don't understand Folsom lake (to be honest, I don't either). This is a lake that gets drained and filled every year.

Notice how in 2009 it is within 6 feet of where it is right now...yet it was full by summer.
Attached Images

Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-08-2014, 8:54 AM Reply   
Sadly your not here?its 70• and our reservoirs always get drained and refilled and we don't have that mud water I see in alot of the country. California is lively believe me!! Go niners!!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-08-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Bud I lived in CA my whole life with the exception of 2 years ago moving to FL. I lived in the Central Valley where we rely strictly on snow fall and rain to fill our river (Kings River) and lakes. If there's no snow or rain, we can't ride in that area of CA (river is too shallow to weight boats and most lakes have rocks EVERYWHERE during drought years). At least not very much at all. I was not saying that's the case for the rest of CA, simply the Central Valley area and surrounding areas that do get effected by lack of rain and snow. GO CHARGERS!!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-08-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
Lol id move too. Chargers are a good bet this week.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-08-2014, 4:18 PM Reply   
Dave, you are correct, all of Nor-Cal relies on good rainfall and snowpack every year to fill up the reservoirs. The system becomes broken quickly when we start to have consecutive dry years, which is what we are experiencing right now. 2011 and 2012 were below normal, 2013 was a record dry year, and 2014 is starting off dry, there is no rain anywhere in the 10 day forecast. Infact, it is supposed to be 71 degress next Thursday which is absolutely out of the norm for this area in January.

We are hoping for a change in the weather pattern to allow storms to start funneling into the west coast, with the high pressure system building everything off the Pacific ocean is going north missing us.

If we do not get some significant rain over the next couple months we truly will be in a very bad situation. I am not sure how the Sacramento River or California Delta would be affected by this. The water has to come from somewhere.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2014, 4:50 PM Reply   
California is Pretty crazy how water works. I'm all about not wasting water. I took out my grass lawn and installed synthetic lawn installed low flow toilets ect and I cut my water usage in 1/2. My water usage was something like 5500 cubic feet or yards of water to 2500 feet of yards or water every other month (our water is billed in 2 month cycles) and my water bill went down like $10-$15 dollars. That's right I spent like $6 grand to use less water so I could save $5 a month. What a joke. I guess when your on a Minimum like I am there is no benefit to saving. That's so stupid. IMO they should charge you for what you use, just like everything else. What's in it for people to cut back if you don't get any advantage!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-08-2014, 4:57 PM Reply   
^Grant, You should write this up, complete with bills and cost of re-landscaping and sent it to your water local authority, state agencies and then the press. That's the only chance that something may be done pricing and the incentive to cut back.

I've been thinking for a couple years about doing the same thing to my yard and this is my fear. I'll end up doing it anyway just for the good of it, but the public would be much faster at this if there was monetary incentive. That said, water authorities are all about saving water, but not saving revenue so much.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
Andy: After I told my story here on W/W of what happen another Guy told a equally suck-tastic story of getting hozed over watter here in California. Guy says he is in a Gated community. He says he is part of a task force in the hood to get people to reduce water usage threw out the hood. He say's the Hood does low flow drip systems and people rip out lawns and replace Grass with Artificial Grass people spend thousands in their yards to reduce water usage. He said that the community cut their water usage in 1/2. He said that after they cut their water bill in 1/2 the City doubled the rates of water to cover the lost revenue they were used to getting from the community!!!!
Old     (scott)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2014, 6:57 PM Reply   
Lake Don Pedro.
Attached Images

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-08-2014, 11:20 PM Reply   
Grant we all appreciate anyone who is trying to save water. I would have a hard time spending $6k to save $5-10 a month, kudos to you. Our household did install low flow shower heads, toilets, etc in our house to help reduce consumption. I did hear that residential water use is only about 2-3% of what is being released from the reservoirs? Does anyone have any facts on this?

I still believe California has poor water management. The years we exceed 100% of rain and snowfall really do not matter because they will release more water throughout the year in fear of flooding putting the reservoirs near the same level at the end of the fall months. We never really get a good chance to build up some solid reserves to battle some dry years like we are experiencing right now. Folsom lake is about 18% of capacity, just today they finally reduced flow out of the dam on the river to approx 700 CFS which is really slow. They could have done this a couple months ago and we would have had substantially more water right now,

Lake Oroville...
Attached Images

Last edited by fman; 01-08-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-09-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
I am rolling to Shasta this weekend to see what it looks like there, I will take pictures.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-09-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
I completely agree Travis, CA really needs to invest in water management. It would flourish the economy and probably enrich a lot of lives. I can only speak for where I lived, but when the farmers dont have water out there and can't farm or produce crops, it's a trickle effect that affects the whole state and probably the Nation. I don't know what the raw numbers are but I know CA produces a lot of corn, alfalfa, cotton, grapes, etc. We probably provide the nation with the majority of those crops (correct me if I'm wrong). So on bad water years, groceries are more expenses, farmers aren't spending money, and the overall economy seems to go into a recession. It's sad how much water dictates the economy in the Central Valley of CA.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-09-2014, 8:58 AM Reply   
Farmers are the backbone of California's economy. We need to support farmer's water rights over the rights of consumers' desires for pools/green lawns in the middle of the desert. However, I also believe farmers need to be more diligent with water usage. Employing modern irrigation techniques such as subsurface drip systems (versus flooding their fields) would help immensely. Residential usage is not the drain on the reservoirs as much as industrial and agricultural usage. Give these industries incentives for modernization, and we could see a huge improvement.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-09-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
Does this seem familiar anyone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZXeEktMYLM
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-09-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
Wow didn't know any of that in the video, but couldn't agree more in regards to water management. If the resources are scarce to begin with, there's no reason to be careless.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-09-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
Dave how you like Florida? My girl wanted to move out there but I told her nnnnnope! No Tahoe !
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
Lake Pillsbury was at 12% last week. Mendocino is in bad shape too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Walt; 01-09-2014 at 3:21 PM.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-09-2014, 8:33 PM Reply   
1 good storm can and has filled Folsom in a week.

Omg! The delta is getting low....oh wait...it's just lowtide.

Hopefully this drought scuttles their plans to put the Sacramento river in two big pipes and sending it south to Los Angeles...to save the fish and conserve the delta.....you know all that fresh water is baaaadddd for fish...sure.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-10-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
We need 40 days of straight rain/snow to catch up Folsom
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-17-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
Looking like little to no rain for 90 days. Delta is gonna be a zoo this year. Glad I
Live 5 minutes from it. Could be the only place to ride!!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-17-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
5 minutes!!
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-17-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...storyid=268835
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-17-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, I love it out here, there's so much to do and my riding season was extended about 7 months haha. There are trade offs of course. I didn't really think about the fact that FL doesn't have a single mountain (some may say so, but it's not a mountain compared to CA). The weather and storms are pretty bad ass though I have to admit but packing up and moving to a place like this on a hunch isn't for everyone. It took almost a full year to get on my feet so if you ever decide to do it I would just say prepare a little more than I did haha! Are you in the Lake Tahoe, CA area? You may only have 3 months of riding at that lake, but it's one of the most scenic lakes in CA and of course you have all the ski resorts in the Winter, lucky!
Old    cheesesteak            01-17-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
I just bought a house at Folsom Lake - walking distance to Folsom point. We need rain!
Briggs Ranch? I'm in Folsom too.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-17-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Thats pretty informative boarder85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZXeEktMYLM
Old    cheesesteak            01-17-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Sounds like most of you guys don't understand Folsom lake (to be honest, I don't either). This is a lake that gets drained and filled every year.

Notice how in 2009 it is within 6 feet of where it is right now...yet it was full by summer.
The critical distinction is snowpack. In 2009 - snowpack in January (and moisture content) was much better. So - there wasn't a real threat that Folsom wouldn't recover.

Currently - there is very little snow and what snow is there has very little water content.

Our current snowpack is 8% of normal. January 2009 we were at 55%.

You can contrast and compare snowpack years here: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/sno...wcchart.action

Unless we get "dozens" of feet of snow in the next couple of months - we are in very serious trouble.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-17-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Briggs Ranch? I'm in Folsom too.
Yes, Briggs Ranch, where are you?
Old    cheesesteak            01-17-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
Yes, Briggs Ranch, where are you?
Right near Vista del Lago HS. Launch all the time at Folsom Point - although maybe not this coming year. Can't even see the water from the ramp.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-17-2014, 6:08 PM Reply   
Calero was my lake, not buttery very often. I also barefooted in Lexington. I'll never forget the fist fight in the water at the ramp at Calero. Glad I have access to real big water now. Butter all the time.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-24-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
We're gonna pay for it but this has been the best winter for riding in a long time.

Sac River in Sac Town today at noon....
Attached Images

Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-25-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
Imagine that river getting sucked into two forty foot diameter tunnels built under the delta to bypass it directly to the California aquaduct...the huge canal already sending too much water south.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-25-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
Lake Mendocino's north launch today
Attached Images

Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-25-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
You guys should post before and after pics for those of us who have never been to these places. It's crazy seeing lake bottom.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-25-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
I just saw this shot of my home lake (Lahontan) in Northern Nevada on the news last night.
Attached Images

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-25-2014, 11:48 AM Reply   
Probably a lot of items to be recovered in these dry lake beds. Unfortunately the dried lake is the reason though
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-25-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
Rode up to Don Pedro last weekend. Water is way down. Waaaaay down.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390705843117.jpg
Views: 16256
Size:  61.3 KB
That peninsula is normally not there and the house boats across the lake are normally on this side.

Of course I'm at the delta right now and the water is butter and normal depth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-26-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
Folsom Lake

http://www.weather.com/news/stunning...74e58447bb6f65
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-31-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
How far up will the salt water go up the delta if we get no rain?
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-31-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
Who wants to ride???
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-31-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
Someone told me around 78 they had to build temporary dams in the delta to keep the salt water from going upstream
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-31-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp513 View Post
How far up will the salt water go up the delta if we get no rain?
Could this be possible? Is there any data on the possibility?
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-31-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Have no fear it will rain. I've been doing the dance and shaved my massive beard!and waddaya know it started raining!!just pretend this is November and were just starting off.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-31-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
I mean from what I've been told the fresh water pushes against the salt water. Varies with low tide high tide. But if there is less fresh water to fill the delta won't the salt water push farther up to compensate.