Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-27-2018, 7:47 AM Reply   
2019 Supra boats preview.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 9176
Size:  44.4 KB
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-27-2018, 12:12 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see it in person looks pretty Epic.

2019 Supra SE

New Vision Control System,
4,100 lbs of sub-floor ballast,
AutoWake,
Chill Tech Vinyl,
FxONE Power Folding Tower
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-27-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
Another step in the right direction for Supra. Really anxious to see this cool technology vinyl and the new display screens.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-28-2018, 6:08 AM Reply   
Man they really are putting out awesome products year after year. Great job SC!!! Cant wait to get in one. I heard the new vinyl is awesome as well.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
I do not want a touch screen dash.
I do not want 2 touch screens in my dash.
I don’t want to have my phone for anything but hooking up to my stereo and emergencies out on the boat, it’s boat time. I don’t want it in my face the whole time I am in the cockpit.

Stop it. Please just stop it.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-29-2018, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I don’t want to have my phone for anything but hooking up to my stereo and emergencies out on the boat, it’s boat time. I don’t want it in my face the whole time I am in the cockpit.

Don’t buy a new boat then. Bye.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-29-2018, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
I would have agreed with you years ago but now being in front of all these computer boats it has made boating simple. Autowake in Supra & Moomba I feel is the best thing that has happened to boating in a long time. Even us very experienced boaters, it helps a lot.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2018, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
Don’t buy a new boat then. Bye.
Luckily MB and Axis offerings do not have this clutter.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2018, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
I would have agreed with you years ago but now being in front of all these computer boats it has made boating simple. Autowake in Supra & Moomba I feel is the best thing that has happened to boating in a long time. Even us very experienced boaters, it helps a lot.
I drive multiple boats regularly. Probably get about 200 hours of throttle time yearly. I don’t even bother driving my friends Bu that I ride on rare occasion, there’s too much stuff going on to bother learning it...

I hate getting in and not feeling at home. It’s takes so long to learn the damn UI’s. I like it when the only question I have to ask is “how do I adjust cruise control” and then head off.

Auto wake is fine, but it doesn’t take a seasoned boater more than about 10 seconds to get everything set up properly.

Oh and these systems fail, our tige system failed on year 4, our buddy’s nautique shuts down the screen every hour so you lose all gauges while running, and the auto level system on the old MCs goes wacky through the computer and will deploy tabs when you wakeboard.

I get it though, I look for one quality in a boat that’s it: does it make a good wake. It’s an appliance, not a show piece
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-29-2018, 9:09 AM Reply   
Sounds like you have it all figured out there, guy! New boats are POS, simple ones are best. BAM. Next question!

Psssst.....little insider info for you.....Malibu’s UI takes approximately 23 seconds to figure out. I also drive lots of friends boats; it doesn’t seem to be a big issue for me.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-29-2018, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Luckily MB and Axis offerings do not have this clutter.

Watch out, I think MB is gonna break your heart soon.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-29-2018, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Autowake in Supra & Moomba I feel is the best thing that has happened to boating in a long time. Even us very experienced boaters, it helps a lot.
It’s so fantastic, that we shut it off in every one of them, because we get tired of it changing everything all the time, and ruining the likelihood of any kind of wave consistency.

I think it’s probably nice for someone who knows absolutely nothing about running a wakesurf boat...... for anyone else, it just seems to be a downside. Great thing is, we can turn it off.

On topic- the new SE looks awesome.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2018, 1:43 AM Reply   
I can tell you my experience, we have almost 150 hours on this 2018 Supra SL this season. First, Autowake has 2 parts. First is the sensors and gauges which includes pitch and roll sensors and the draft/amplitude sensor/gauge. These sensors/gauges are absolutely crucial IMO to having a consistent wave. And if you are like me, and sometimes turn off AW, you are always on that screen monitoring the pitch and roll.

When I go out with just my family, which has gotten a lot smaller, we turn it off because we wan't every lb of ballast ON, and everyone knows where we sit and such when we surf. There is only 3 of us now, my wife and my 13 yr old daughter Jessie. When my son and his wife come with us, we still have it off, again, every lb, and we all know where we go to keep the wave perfect, cuz we are nuts for that perfect wave.

Often we have other people in our boat, and I turn it on. I have extra peeps in the boat and when you have extra peeps people are ALWAYS moving around, and with AW, they can. The system will keep my settings and the wave is consistent. And since we have extra weight from people, if the system has to let some weight out of one side, or take some weight out of the bow cuz 2 ladies head up there, the wave stays perfect, and with the double pumps, its fast.

So I guess all that to say, don't forget how the AW system of sensors and gauges make Inconsistency a thing of the past. And if you would rather keep it off and make sure people stay where they should be, and tell that guy, "can you move back?", or "can you not go in the bow right now?" or whatever, then turn it off, its your boat. But for me, I love it that I can turn it on when I have guests in my boat, and let them do what they want.

And the wave on our SL, its insane.

Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       07-30-2018, 12:41 PM Reply   
Man the goofy side looks so nice.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-31-2018, 12:38 AM Reply   
spent the day on an sl recently and had a blast, actually the first time surfing that wasn't a PITA. It felt like the sweet spot was the entire wave which was fun, you could recover when you'd normally be done for behind another boat. I'd like to make the wave longer if i had one complaint. Once i got behind it, it didn't feel as short as it looked from the boat because the whole wave was rideable. Way better than a t23 i've ridden and my own boat by far. Its not a short wave by any means, but i just want to be as far from the swim deck as possible.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2018, 3:06 PM Reply   
The SL wave is pretty unique that way, and one of the the things we have pointed out, it has lots of power, but its consistent all the way through, and it isn't overwhelming as you get closer. You have to try it to understand.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-02-2018, 2:03 PM Reply   
So how does that compare to the G or RI/FI wave?
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-09-2018, 3:54 AM Reply   
prepare to the next level dash
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       08-09-2018, 6:57 AM Reply   
^ that's actually kinda funny because its close to the truth.
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       08-09-2018, 6:58 AM Reply   
Wakes are getting solid these days though
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-21-2018, 7:49 AM Reply   
Should have a review on the new SE550 in a week or so. Ready to dial that thing in!!!!
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-21-2018, 12:09 PM Reply   
Excellent. Looking forward to seeing your review.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2018, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'm excited to see your wake and wave. gonna be huge
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-24-2018, 7:43 AM Reply   
Im also very curious to see the new review. Can the Supra get as lippy as the centurion?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-02-2018, 7:18 AM Reply   
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-02-2018, 10:00 PM Reply   
do you have helper bags? thats sitting pretty level vs the ri25 centurion behind a new f250 in another thread, but the axles look further forward on your trailer too. Not apples to apples but curious. Supra has come so far in the last few years. If there was a trophy for greatest comeback of all time they'd get my vote
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-03-2018, 5:15 AM Reply   
No sir stock 2500 with front leveling kit.
Old     (thejean)      Join Date: Aug 2018       09-04-2018, 9:26 PM Reply   
Triple axle trailers don’t have much tongue weight.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-06-2018, 7:00 AM Reply   
I would think his RI257 would have a 3axel. However most Fords have a slight sag in the rear.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-08-2018, 2:23 PM Reply   
Post pitures of the 19 SE please. Wakeboard wake and wave. Eager to see.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-08-2018, 3:53 PM Reply   
This video was posted in another thread but it seems more appropriate here. I hope someone can post a higher quality video using better orientation. Anyway, the boat looks pretty awesome from what I can see. Walkthrough video of the 2019 Supra SE550 :
https://www.facebook.com/prowakewate...6365931968392/
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-08-2018, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeed View Post
Post pitures of the 19 SE please. Wakeboard wake and wave. Eager to see.

If weather permits tomorrow I will.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-09-2018, 2:53 PM Reply   
Just me and the wife. Stick ballast and 250# lead. I plan on adding 5-600# of lead soon. Running 11.4 surf and 23 wake. Running oj 930 prop (15.5x15.25)3000rpm surf and 3700 wake
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2018, 1:26 PM Reply   
Wake shape looks perfect! i bet that thing kicks.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-13-2018, 1:35 PM Reply   
I got to poke around in the new SE550 at Surf Expo last week, and it's such a nice boat. The new cool touch vinyl, or whatever they call it, actually feels like vinyl rather than fabric. That will be much easier to clean than the cool feel that some of the other brands are putting out there.

It was such a nice boat, and pretty much fully loaded sitting at 160k MSRP.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-14-2018, 6:54 PM Reply   
Dat texas, how does the SE handle? Do you have good control of the boat for the size. Does it circle the boarder well? My Malibu handles like a school bus when loaded with weight and people. The wake board wake at what speed does it clean up at?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-14-2018, 7:03 PM Reply   
550 i am sure has lots of power, but do you all think the 450 is enough with full ballast and a full boat.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-14-2018, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dat texas, how does the SE handle? Do you have good control of the boat for the size. Does it circle the boarder well? My Malibu handles like a school bus when loaded with weight and people. The wake board wake at what speed does it clean up at?
every boat i've been in handles like a bus when loaded up.. i was in an 2018 sl fully loaded with the base motor 6 guys and 500lbs of lead and it didnt flinch wakesurfing. Getting to wakeboard speed took a while but all the lead was in the rear and in my opinion that boat could have used at least 400lbs of that in the nose and would have been money for surfing and boarding. Seems to be a theme in all new boats that the nose tanks just aren't enough, they all need extra up front.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-15-2018, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I can't say it handles like a 22 footer, but it handles better than my previous 17 SE and the 18 G23. Even my wife mentioned that the first time she circled back to get me.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-15-2018, 5:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
550 i am sure has lots of power, but do you all think the 450 is enough with full ballast and a full boat.
I have not been in one to speak with confidence but Without the 1.76:1 I would say NO. Surfing only will be fine.

Now that they offer the 1.76:1 as an option I would say yes its a possibility.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-15-2018, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I have not been in one to speak with confidence but Without the 1.76:1 I would say NO. Surfing only will be fine.

Now that they offer the 1.76:1 as an option I would say yes its a possibility.

It’s absolutely doable. The 450 with the 1.76 is very very very strong.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-15-2018, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s absolutely doable. The 450 with the 1.76 is very very very strong.

I have it in a new Makai.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-15-2018, 10:32 AM Reply   
Post up your makai! That’s an awesome boat
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-03-2018, 3:07 PM Reply   
SL or SE for Surfing and Wakeboarding?

SE is more boat, heavier and with more ballast, but still haven't seen a dialed in wave like the SL. Wondering if anyone has seen video footage or pictures of the SE wave with a Surfer besides the Supra video on their website? Roberts pictures of the SL is pretty hard to beat!

Wakeboarding, both wakes looks great to me.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-04-2018, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have it in a new Makai.
I want to know how the wakeboard wake is on the Makai. Is it clean at 22.5 or 23 with the full 4000 pounds of stock ballast.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-04-2018, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I want to know how the wakeboard wake is on the Makai. Is it clean at 22.5 or 23 with the full 4000 pounds of stock ballast.
I just recently shared pics of the new Makai in action on the Moomba Owners page. The Makai is no joke and it was ran out of the box all stock. Let me dig up the pics...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-04-2018, 7:12 AM Reply   
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       10-04-2018, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
SL or SE for Surfing and Wakeboarding?

SE is more boat, heavier and with more ballast, but still haven't seen a dialed in wave like the SL. Wondering if anyone has seen video footage or pictures of the SE wave with a Surfer besides the Supra video on their website? Roberts pictures of the SL is pretty hard to beat!

Wakeboarding, both wakes looks great to me.
The Supra SL wakeboards amazing, it is very similar to a G23. I believe that the Se is a Slightly stretched out Sl hull.
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-04-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
Wake 9 just posted a new video on the SE500. Good stuff, as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFu5q3mUj4
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       10-04-2018, 9:31 AM Reply   
it is good stuff , I think a few things are a bit misleading though. I know the Se is a killer boat but so is the Sl.
1) the SL with a 1000 lbs extra with a pitch of 8-8.5 will still turn at 3400 rpm at 11.6 mph, the more angle you have the higher the rpm. If you run the SL at 10.5 or the Se at a pitch of 10.5 they both will scream.
2) if you run a extra 1000lbs and adjust your tabs, most of us found that the Sl best wake is at 8-8.5 pitch, pure skim guys like it at 7.5-8.0 for pitch and will drop your rpm again to 3200 rpm
If you run that same crew(as the SE video) which is 2500-3000lbs of people plus 1000 lbs then the SL wave would be huge too at a pitch oaf 7.5 thus keeping the rpms down around 3400 rpm.
In his SL reviews he was not running the same total weight. I think the videos should use the same total crew to give a fair review.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-04-2018, 9:31 AM Reply   
Wake 9, Thanks for making the video for all of us to see.

Suprvol22 thanks for posting the video.

I think I still want the SL over the SE, but they are both so nice. I just bought lottery tickets. Wish me luck. lol
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-04-2018, 10:21 AM Reply   
downfortheride

That looks really good. What length and speed is that. I really wanted a used G23 but this Makai has my full attention now. I bet it has a better surf wake (which isn't a main concern) and has to get better GPH in gas than the early G's do. That wake looks great just like a G23!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-04-2018, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockthis View Post
it is good stuff , I think a few things are a bit misleading though. I know the Se is a killer boat but so is the Sl.
1) the SL with a 1000 lbs extra with a pitch of 8-8.5 will still turn at 3400 rpm at 11.6 mph, the more angle you have the higher the rpm. If you run the SL at 10.5 or the Se at a pitch of 10.5 they both will scream.
2) if you run a extra 1000lbs and adjust your tabs, most of us found that the Sl best wake is at 8-8.5 pitch, pure skim guys like it at 7.5-8.0 for pitch and will drop your rpm again to 3200 rpm
If you run that same crew(as the SE video) which is 2500-3000lbs of people plus 1000 lbs then the SL wave would be huge too at a pitch oaf 7.5 thus keeping the rpms down around 3400 rpm.
In his SL reviews he was not running the same total weight. I think the videos should use the same total crew to give a fair review.
So what are you setting your tabs at? I would love to test and see how your setting work.

By the way, I said 10-10.5, but I am actually running 9.5-10. I calibrated my clinometer and it was .5 degrees off.

Also, I can tell you from being in this boat, the difference is not due to wake plate settings. Its the hull, you can feel it. When I say, it blew me away, I mean it. Think about it, the SE is 6100 dry and I had all 4100 lbs full, and then 1000 lbs of lead in there, and then 10 people with a couple big'uns. We were EASILY displacing 14.5k to 15k lbs. I went to 13 mph, and the boat could care less, only 3650 RPM.

Get a ride on one, you will see what I mean. We also had the head engineer for Supra in the boat on the first day. And the push, or Lord, the push. It just grabbed me from behind and kept me in, like no other.

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-04-2018, 9:51 PM Reply   
Ragboy, which prop size do you have on the boats? What is the top speed for the SL. Top on the SE was 32.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-05-2018, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockthis View Post

I love the fierce defenders of the slightest critical words. People get wound up!

Your SL is amazing as well. He says that over and over and over. The SL550 we run makes a tremendous wave at 7.5-8, and an absolutely killer wave at 9-9.5. But sometimes we run it at 7 just to let it settle down a little. Especially when a smaller adult or a kid rides—and in your case skim riding. But if you want the cats meow surf wave, bring it on up to 9. From our experience anyway.

I think Rag is saying the SE is tending to make the cats meow surf wave at a lower pitch—due most likely to hull shape and the way it carries weight.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2018, 6:23 AM Reply   
@fullspeed the props on both, are ACME 2247. The top speed on the SL, I think is high 30s, maybe low 40s, can try this weekend, don't remember. Have been 35 a few times no problem. Not sure on the SE @drew should know. We def got the SE to 32 no problem.

As far as pitch, on our SL, I played with about every setting and pitch, although didn't play so much with the surf tabs. We have 200 hours surfing on the SL.

So from that experience, and from surfing behind the SE, the hull is different. The hull difference from the 2017 SE or even SG and SA to the 2018 SL was no so much difference. When I am on all of those boats, they feel and react similar and the waves are very "related" for lack of a better word. I would say the change the in 2018 SL (much better wave) seemed to come more from the advances in the 2018 swell system with maybe some minor changes on the hull.

The SE hull, I know from talking to Ryan, they made some changes, and it feels much more of a leap from that group of boats I mentioned. The push is different, and more powerful and wraps around you more. The wave is noticeably firmer. I would say all of the boats I listed above had similar firmness. You can feel the difference in the firmness with the SE. The new SE, also has a slightly worse transition. It is still a great transition, but its def not as silky smooth as the SL. I don't think most people would notice, more picky surfers will. However, it was still great and everyone loved it. My wide board is VERY touchy with a transition so I noticed it. But when you add in the push from the SE, and the firmness, I think I personally prefer the SE wave. For instance, on our SL, depending which direction I am going on our lake, sometimes I can't quite surf well at 11, and so I drop to 10.9 or 10.8. Then the other direction, 11 is fine. With the SE, I felt like I was going to ride on the deck at 11, and had to kick up to 11.2, I have NEVER done that before. I felt like I could do 11.4. I would probably stay at 11.2, but could do 11.4. I think its a combination of the extra power, and the firmness.

Lastly, you really notice the difference in the wave in the way you feel like you are surfing more on a hill. There is so much power, that I had to come in and rewax my freshly waxed board because my front foot was "slipping down the hill" of this wave.

All that to say, it is similar, but the most different feeling wave of all of these. They def made some hull changes. The wave is a kick in the pants, and I can't wait to get on it again.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2018, 7:31 AM Reply   
Drew says 41 on the SE for top speed, and I would guess the SL is about the same, but I can check tomorrow.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-05-2018, 7:43 AM Reply   
RagBoy,

As I stated before try the OJ 930 (15.5x15.25) and it will blow you away on performance. I am running 3000-3100rpm fully loaded with #900 of lead and 4 Adults.

I know the above is all surf related, but don't get fooled the Wakeboard wake is just as good. Loaded with same weight it planes out no problem and turns 3750rpm.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2018, 11:28 AM Reply   
That sounds like a fun thing to test. I will have to try that.
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-05-2018, 1:33 PM Reply   
How is the splash back into the boat when surfing into the wind on each of these boats? The pre 2016 G23 were pretty bad for splash. I'm looking for something that doesn't splash too bad surfing into the wind. Thanks
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-05-2018, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTV View Post
How is the splash back into the boat when surfing into the wind on each of these boats? The pre 2016 G23 were pretty bad for splash. I'm looking for something that doesn't splash too bad surfing into the wind. Thanks

I would think zero. My previous generation SE was basically zero, and this hog is taller by a large margin.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2018, 11:13 PM Reply   
First, that was def a problem pre-16, but I know a few peeps with the G, and its not an issue anymore.

The SL was dry, and the first day of our testing on SE, we got hit by a storm. We were as dry as possible, worked great. No spray issues I noticed on the SE.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-06-2018, 5:06 AM Reply   
As an owner of a 14, 16, and 17 G...... I can say that the 16 and 17 were better, but still had pretty bad bow spray. A friend just upgraded from 15 SE, to a ‘19, and we did notice some spray with a 10-15mph wind. It was more than his old SE, because of the bow attitude being much lower, but I don’t think it’s as bad as the G’s...... including the 16+ ones.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2018, 5:22 AM Reply   
For the record, I remember the pre-16 issue to be spray from over the side, not necessarily from the bow, so that is what I was speaking of, and it was pretty bad pre-16. So disregard what I said if the question was regarding bow spray for the G.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-06-2018, 5:34 AM Reply   
I think we are talking about the same thing..... surfing in winds anything above 5-10mph and getting all kinds of spray on the windshield area and coming in from the sides by the tower. All from what is coming off of the bow while surfing.

If I was to put it on a scale of 1-10, for the recent boats I have experience in, I would say-
Pre 16 G series- 10
2016+ G series- 7
2018+ XStar (which also surfs with a low bow attitude)- 3
2015 Malibu 23LSV- 2
2015 SE- 2 or 3
2019 SE- 5
2015 X23- 1
2014 SC- 1

It’s pretty obvious that the boats that run bow high while surfing have the least spray.

Personally though..... I’d rather have the spray, and be able to easily see sitting comfortably down in the helm seat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2018, 9:20 AM Reply   
You mean, this is 1-10, 10 having the worst spray?

.... Just clarifying.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-06-2018, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
You mean, this is 1-10, 10 having the worst spray?

.... Just clarifying.
Yes.

To be fair to the new SE, I have only been out in it 3 times. He just got the boat in early September, and was without it for a couple weeks because of a couple random new boat issues.

It was breezy when we were out, and just seemed a bit worse than his last SE. no need to be bolstered up to drive this one though.
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-06-2018, 2:22 PM Reply   
Yes, I meant spray back into the bow, onto windshield, and even into back of boat if its super windy. I'm looking to trade out of a G15(bad spray) to a 2016 or newer G23 or a 2018/19 Supra SL or maybe 2019 SE, but not sure I want a boat as big as the SE. I just want to be sure and minimize the spray issue as its pretty windy where I live.

Looks like the SL surfs a little more nose up so could possibly be less spray than the SE?

Also, would the 450 be enough power, for wake boarding and surfing with full ballast and 6-8 people, in the SL or SE at 4000 foot elevation?

Thanks for the replies!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-07-2018, 12:42 AM Reply   
I was out on 2019 SL today with a 450, friends boat. 450 was fine. 800 lbs of lead and full of people and full ballast, 4000rpm, did outstanding.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-07-2018, 3:08 PM Reply   
I am waiting for the website to update with the new SE model to build, plus the new colors and options. I was told it will be any day.

Does anyone know if there any different power options like upgrades to 460
Like i think Tige now has or Larger props like the above mentioned OJ prop.

I want the 550 enginge but the price for that upgrade is crazy.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-07-2018, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I think we are talking about the same thing..... surfing in winds anything above 5-10mph and getting all kinds of spray on the windshield area and coming in from the sides by the tower. All from what is coming off of the bow while surfing.

If I was to put it on a scale of 1-10, for the recent boats I have experience in, I would say-
Pre 16 G series- 10
2016+ G series- 7
2018+ XStar (which also surfs with a low bow attitude)- 3
2015 Malibu 23LSV- 2
2015 SE- 2 or 3
2019 SE- 5
2015 X23- 1
2014 SC- 1

It’s pretty obvious that the boats that run bow high while surfing have the least spray.

Personally though..... I’d rather have the spray, and be able to easily see sitting comfortably down in the helm seat.

I would say the 19 SE is a 2-3 max. And yes
The newer G’s still have spray. The 7-8 is right on.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       11-25-2018, 5:47 PM Reply   
Wondering if anyone knows what the in floor cooler space measurements are? I want to see if a yeti soft bag will fit in there. Already buying things for the new boat I ordered. If anyone can put a tape measure to theirs at some point before April I would be stoked. Bought a new Doomswell Neo for 400. on Black Friday Sale too. Super stoked on ordering the new boat and board. lol
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       11-25-2018, 7:48 PM Reply   
Sorry I bought an SL. Looking for the in floor cooler dimensions on an SL.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-26-2018, 7:01 AM Reply   
I can put a tape measure on it tonight!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-19-2019, 7:48 AM Reply   
want to buy cooler for the floor space in the SL.

Yeti Tundra 35 hard cooler fit?
21 1/8" x 16 1/8" top measurements
15 3/4" tall
20 1/8" x 13 3/8" bottom measurements

Or

Yeti Tundra 45
25 3/4" x 16 1/8" top measurements
15 3/8" tall
24 1/2" x 13 3/8" bottom measurements

Want to get the one that fits the very best.
Or open to other brands that are equal in quality to Yeti.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-21-2019, 3:34 PM Reply   
25" long

15" wide

15.5" deep