Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-03-2017, 12:52 PM Reply   
Hello all, my brother and I bought a 2008 mastercraft X45 3 years ago and have dialed it in to be a pretty good Wakesurfing boat. We really liked it until we recently surfed a 2012 Mastercraft X30. The things we liked about that boat versus ours was the wave was much better (comparable length, but much taller) without having to pump 3000+ pounds of water into it (including 1000 lb on the front seat on our x45), the engine was quieter and was easier to hear the music when surfing (we only have 2 tower speakers vs the x30 had 4 which also helped), we weren't able to surf a full morning so I don't know how much gas it goes through, but our x45 burns through gas like crazy when surfing presumably because it's weighted down so much, and lastly the x30 had the surf exhaust that made our ride more enjoyable as well. We are looking to purchase a newer boat in the spring of 2018 or 2019. We do not do a lot of wakeboarding so Wakesurfing is our number 1 priority. In order of priority, here are the things we are looking to upgrade that we do not have on our boat:
Wave is priority #1, whether it has surf gate or we use detachable tab (mission delta or nauticurl)
All ballasts plumbed in without having any sitting on floor or seats (I presume we need a boat with a deeper hull in order to get something without a ballast on front seats)
Better gas consumption
Quieter engine
Surf exhaust
And lastly an upgraded cockpit which I assume will be almost standard if we upgrade from an 08 to 2012 or newer.
We often have 12+ people on our boat and would like to have plenty of room, we are very tall as are our friends so keep that in mind.

Our budget is 80-100k and would like something that we could keep for a long time if we take good care of it (quality is very important).

The boats we were most interested in are (in no particular order):
Mastercraft x23
Nautique g23
Malibu M235 (I know it's out of our budget for the time being)
Centurion FS44
Supra SE550
Pavati (again out of our price range for now)

What is your feedback on these boats given what our top priorities are (please include specific years of respective boats)? Are there any other boats that I should add to our shopping list? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you and happy surfing.

Side Note: i have heard of people bumping their head on boat towers at 6'1" tall. Keep in mind we are 6'6" and 6'4" and would like any tips you can provide on things like that.