Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
i bought this board from a friend of my family. he is a representative of hyper-lite. he sold me the board for $50 because it was used in a demo. i bought the board and the next day. went out and rode it. i then broke my ankle and haven't been able to ride it. its been about 6 months since the last time i rode it. its now formed what seems to be a bubble of air under the center of the bottom graphics plate. when i originally bought the board. this bubble was not there. i don't know what to do or if i can even fix this. i would really appreciate some help on this and will answer all questions as best as i can.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       01-07-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
Picture?
Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinoj View Post
Picture?
these r the best i could get. its in the center of the board on the rough part
Attached Images

Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
i can push on the bubble and feel it go down. its not solid at all.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 5:33 PM Reply   
Likely got water in there, which settled in that spot. It's dry now but has left the air pocket. Find the hole and seal it up, it's likely located on the edge somewhere
Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Likely got water in there, which settled in that spot. It's dry now but has left the air pocket. Find the hole and seal it up, it's likely located on the edge somewhere
alright. the board has a few chips so i understand that. Is it possible to get rid of the bump left behind and how should i seal it.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2014, 7:31 PM Reply   
IMO no, you can't get rid of it without sanding it out, and epoxy should seal it up, some people use JB Weld, but I do not
Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-07-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
IMO no, you can't get rid of it without sanding it out, and epoxy should seal it up, some people use JB Weld, but I do not
Alright. Thank you very much for your help.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
I don't think it is water. That is a closed cell foam board. Water wouldn't hurt anything.

It looks like a separation and a void. That board is likely snapped. It is probably still ridable, but it will eventually come completely apart.
Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-08-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I don't think it is water. That is a closed cell foam board. Water wouldn't hurt anything.

It looks like a separation and a void. That board is likely snapped. It is probably still ridable, but it will eventually come completely apart.
It was used in a demo and alot of people rode it so ya. it could possibly be snapped.
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       01-09-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
For 50 bucks, i would buy it just to destroy it the rest of the way. Still a deal. Find a cool spot and slide it off a rock or something. PERFECT.
Old     (Austin_BigAir)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-10-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmcmillenx View Post
For 50 bucks, i would buy it just to destroy it the rest of the way. Still a deal. Find a cool spot and slide it off a rock or something. PERFECT.
Thats a great idea! the guy also have me a Hyperlite Premie for free because it was so messed up. its ridable but for now. i have 3 wakeboards that are all mine hanging on a wall for display haha.