Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    TN22            11-29-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
It's been 3 months since they indroduced it...has anybody seen one or heard of one being at a dealer yet? I was curious to see it in person and didn't know if anyone on here knew when they would actually be available to check out at a dealer. Thanks.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-30-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
I'm guessing the wake is not dialed in yet considering we have seen virtually no videos of the wake. I'll be suprised if you see a production model for sale at the early boat shows.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-30-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
I've heard through the grapevine that it may be a while...
Old     (mwmc_andy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-07-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
Production boats will be out in March.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-07-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Yep, March is when they'll start coming out. No dealers will have one unless it's already pre-sold.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I've heard through the grapevine that it may be a while...
I've heard the same thing... Maybe not even ready for 2012, might be for 2013.... I guess they had their big grand unveiling before it was cleared for production, then decided it didn't perform well enough so they went back to the drawing board.... This is just rumor, this wasn't straight from MC, so who knows...
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-08-2011, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkoch View Post
I've heard the same thing... Maybe not even ready for 2012, might be for 2013.... I guess they had their big grand unveiling before it was cleared for production, then decided it didn't perform well enough so they went back to the drawing board.... This is just rumor, this wasn't straight from MC, so who knows...
It wouldn't be the first time it was sent back to the drawing board, and that's a fact...

Kudos to MC for taking the time to get it right, but dealers have been spewing info that a new xstar would be coming out since the first variants of the prototype hit the water 3+ years ago.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-08-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
It has been said that those with deposits already will be the only ones getting a X Star this year. Very limited.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
They have discovered you need to have an oil tanker ride along beside you for on the fly refilling to get more than two sets per session.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-08-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Still researching and developing a boat they have already introduced?Curious?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-09-2011, 6:48 AM Reply   
Robert, thats the way MC rolls. They have done the same thing with other "innovations" i.e. ZFT3, ZFT5 power tower, B.I.G. dash, new ZFT2, etc. MC gets it to the customer and works the bugs out later. I don't understand that philosophy but it doesn't seem to hurt sales! I'm guessing with the hull though, they will want that to be just right before the first one is delivered. Modifing the hull after the fact may be a little tough.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-09-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hull mods would be really expensive, that mentality doesnt seem to harm their cult following
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-09-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
The 7.4L has better fuel consumption than the 8.1L and 6L. Probably close to the 6.2L
Old    MChase            12-09-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
Having come off high price boats I can say anyone who orders a new XStar will wish they had ordered a new MB F24. It will probably be 40-50K less too for more boat.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-09-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
^Really man? let's not start this one again
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-09-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Yeah, can we not turn this into another mb is the best boat on the planet thread?

Anywho, I heard the same thing about the hull being redesigned/tweaked again, which will cause delays. I only know what ive been told, which was not from someone affiliated with mc. Perhaps this is the reason we never saw any detailed wake pics. If the hull changes and the wake changes people will notice.
Old    Nick911            12-09-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChase View Post
Having come off high price boats I can say anyone who orders a new XStar will wish they had ordered a new MB F24. It will probably be 40-50K less too for more boat.
Haha yes they have great value, you can fill the ballast in 60 seconds and they have less electronics on the dash which means less maintenance.
We've heard all the talking points.

Back to the Star....
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-10-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
Wait what happened to 9 yrs in the making, the most advance wake hull ever created, the most r and d ever done. Mc is becoming a bigger joke every year. Their boats are getting massively expensive and worse in quality. They still have yet to fix their tower design from 04-05 till 11. The slapped band aids ie braces on there that look like crap. And the ballast timer nightmare still continues. Let's not mention all the power tower issues. This is typical new mc style. Hurry up and rush it out there just to say they have the biggest and baddest. For claiming to be the most elite boat on the market they sure have some major issues.

What could be the issue they missed in all their r and d they claim to do and pass the cost on to their buyers? Yet again another reason I will never buy a newer MC. You def don't get what you pay for like u used to back in the day.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-10-2011, 11:12 PM Reply   
Mchase. Seriously man, i just responded to ur nonsense in another thread where u inappropriately throw out mb. If i was mike id be pissed at u for pissing everyone off who has legitimate questions concerning non-mb subjects. If i were mike, i would take you off my payroll immediately, then hire another troll who is a lot more inconspicuous.

I long for cwbrobert to post up a pic of his blue and white tige... atleast he was genuinely stoked on his boat and not on tiges payroll.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-11-2011, 6:26 AM Reply   
^ amen to that....not another tige pic, but to the mb comments in every thread
Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-11-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
I for one would want nothing to do with the first model year run of that boat, if they are changing the hull after already releasing the boat that is crazy! Price wise they are NUTS, and it will be a very limited build because of that. Now with what are assumed hull problems, doesn't give the buyer much faith in the product.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-11-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
The Star will be out in March/April, MC did tweak the hull as well as the interior. After the release there were obviously a lot of people with feedback, MC listened (and likely jumped the gun on the unveiling). I also know that there will be another new boat (yet to be mentioned) available BEFORE the X-Star, select boat show markets will have this new boat on display.

FWIW I think MC DID jump the gun on releasing details of the Star before it was completed, but it's far from the first time I've seen a prototype at Surf Expo. A lot of companies have mock ups at trade shows and quite often they make tweaks after hearing feedback.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
Ek is alive...........he's alive......... So how about a first year run of a 2007 nautique. Should be bottom dollar since its first run boat. Hahahaha

I will never own a new mc. Their products have gone down the crapper and the prices have gone through the roof. Though I love their wakes. A new boat before their flagship is fixed. Legenday. Absolutely legendary. Will that one be recalled too. Hahaha
Old    Nick911            12-11-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post

I will never own a new mc. Their products have gone down the crapper and the prices have gone through the roof. Though I love their wakes. A new boat before their flagship is fixed. Legenday. Absolutely legendary. Will that one be recalled too. Hahaha
Products down the crapper? Elaborate...

(not trying to be a smartass, what quality issues u see with the newer
MC?)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-11-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wait what happened to 9 yrs in the making....
Its now 10 years in the making, so 11.1% better than previously thought. WINNING
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
my buddys 25 arrived with a mind of its own, ballast that didnt work and had a dead alternator before it was ever broken in...
Old    Nick911            12-11-2011, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
my buddys 25 arrived with a mind of its own, ballast that didnt work and had a dead alternator before it was ever broken in...
So in your opinion does mc have more quality issues than other boats? Are they a lower quality boat?
Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-11-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
So in your opinion does mc have more quality issues than other boats? Are they a lower quality boat?
Yes, they have had more quality issues in the last 10 years than the previous 10 years before that. With that said, look at the difference in the boats they are building. Every year MasterCraft has released a new dash there have been major softward and hardware issues (VDIG, BIG). The towers have been problematic (braces, then power tower failures) and now the latest is just plain ugly! Nautique is 5 years full coverage warranty, MasterCraft 1 year everything & 3 for the engine.

MasterCraft builds a hell of a boat, as does Nautique. I've worked at dealerships for both and I would take a new Nautique before I'd spend my money on a new MasterCraft. That is purely based on build quality and warranty support.

If all you are interested in is pricing, then look at Skiers Choice. Probably the best "bang for the buck" on the water right now. A reputable company, a good warranty, and many different models to fit anyones needs.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:

I will say that i am not impressed enough with the workmanship enough to warrant the large cost upgrade,30k over tige/supra/axis in my area, and therefore have issues when they claim to be the "best"

I will say that when the local MC dealer sells an x-25 for 85k, not even close to loaded , and it was there demo boat with over 20 hours on it, and the carpet was missing snaps and there was a rogue screw in the middle of the floor when i flipped the carpet up to see what the deal was...

every boat has its flaws, like it or not.
and like eric said above, warranty is a huge part
buying a boat is about getting the best boat for YOU. the best value for you.

Last edited by simplej; 12-11-2011 at 7:32 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2011, 7:33 PM Reply   
Ek pretty much nailed it.

Major tower issues, major software issues, major ballast issues. While their wakes are still some of the best, the products they put out are rushed beyond belief. The new pickle XStar that started in 03-04 was rushed as well. The interior on that thing rivaled Moomba with chunks of open fibergall everywhere, bow seats that never closed properly, and a semi truck driving boat that was prone to suck air in the turns. They had a rudder upgrade, tower brace, and a ballast time nightmare with their ne ballast timers and the plug and play. The tower issues continue til today. They rushed the X 2 as well. That boat walks like crazy with a rider or skiers in tow. Has no tracking fins to help. Yet no re design, just patch jobs over the years on the towers. The issues are still even on there new industry leading/changing tower designs. Knowing several mc dealers pretty well, boats were missing parts constantly and dealers were constantly robbing parts from showroom boats to get customers their boats on time. Now we have hull issues on their new flagship. Everything is hush hush tho. I sure as heck would want my deposit back.

There is no way I would take a boat that just is getting a patch job to fulfil orders already placed. Especially with that price tag. The right thing to do would be go back to the drawing board and do all the r&d they claim to do all over again to get a finished product. However their past 7 yr track record will do exactly what they have been doing and coming up with patch jobs to cover the issues. At a time when other mfgs are improving their products mc is going backwards. While all companies have their issues this so called Elite industry boat should have minimal. That's what you are pqying for right?

There is a reason 5-7 yrs ago all you would see on the board is decked out Mc's and people having sick mc boats everywhere. Post the same with nautique and bu...... Now look. They are just not there. Mc has priced themselves out of the core market and become a show boat. Their quality has also taken a hit. Other companies however are striving for the market. Most of us on here aren't swayed by the hype and are educated buyers. We don't fall for the bs they are spewing and can see the writing on the wall. While you will hear every mc finatic making excuses a high end boat company shouldn't be recalling its high end flqgship. A high end company shouldn't have 3 recalls on a brand new tower design. It's hay simple. The 90-100k you're paying is supposed to eliminqte those issues.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-11-2011 at 7:41 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2011, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Its now 10 years in the making, so 11.1% better than previously thought. WINNING
That was awesome. Shot pop out my nose
Old    Nick911            12-11-2011, 8:39 PM Reply   
I'd have to agree that any company charging a premium for their product should be putting out a premium product. They do seem to be first to market with lots of innovations and there is probably an economic benefit to doing so even if the product is less than perfect.
The consumer will dictate though if the company remains successful.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-11-2011, 8:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
The 90-100k you're paying is supposed to eliminate those issues.
Looks like you nailed it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2011, 9:06 PM Reply   
i agree with the first part of your statement but i think alot of it is that they are rushing to catch up...
they actually have not been first to the market with much more than the pickle fork, whcih they took from cobalt.
Ballast that climbs the storage walls, trash cans and touch screens, tige did it. 2 point towers, multiple screens, malibu did it. innovative seating credit supra and nautiqueplug and play? axis,yup they borrowed "pnp" from axis... the only major contributions theyve had is the power tower and 2003 xstar which set the precedent for wake boats back in the day and still holds its own agiants boats that have come out in the last 3 years.
Old    Nick911            12-11-2011, 9:18 PM Reply   
So I guess the question is how do they stack up sales-wise against the other manufacturers? If there are valid quality concerns is the market taking notice? All boats have issues, do MCs have more issues than other manufacturers? Bigger issues?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with SimpleJ

Mc today is about adding up options and going for the bling and wow factor. While back in the day there was no question their boats were worth every penny, I just dont see the case for that argument any more and I would say I am of the majority these days. And I am a 3rd generation MC owner
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2011, 9:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
So I guess the question is how do they stack up sales-wise against the other manufacturers? If there are valid quality concerns is the market taking notice? All boats have issues, do MCs have more issues than other manufacturers? Bigger issues?
i have no idea. i know most of them sell out for the seasons. especially malibu/axis, supposedly they sold out the fastestand in huge amounts. the price is whats going to keep people out of MC i dont know if quality is. all i know is that my friend has had major major problems since hour number 1 and they have not been fixed. but thats 1 boat, but the list is far too long... billet aluminum pieces are double stick taped to the dash, and yup fell off, i can keep going of you like it gets worse and worse, the boat was brand new in 2010
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2011, 9:54 PM Reply   
i used to blow my load for MC but after my friend got this boat its just a major downer...
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-12-2011, 1:08 AM Reply   
So my question is, and this goes for all manufacturers, are there lemon laws that protect the consumer like with cars? I had a buddy that bought a truck, and went that route and won. It was a pain in the a, but they dealer had to buy his truck back. What constitutes this with boats? If anything
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-12-2011, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
So my question is, and this goes for all manufacturers, are there lemon laws that protect the consumer like with cars? I had a buddy that bought a truck, and went that route and won. It was a pain in the a, but they dealer had to buy his truck back. What constitutes this with boats? If anything
No, lemon laws don't really apply to boats. Comparing boats to cars just doesn't work because of the production techniques used and the difference in quantity of a production run. As boats get more complex, the more issues they typically have in the first year. Anyone that has bought a cabin cruiser has gone through this.

Not making excuses for MC, I think the Xstar situation is ridiculous.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-12-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
i heard from a good source... the boat will be released late. only because the hull sucked. couldnt get the wakes right. for production the boats will be new from the rub rail up and have the reworked old xstar hull.

not so sure i would want one.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-12-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_balon View Post
i heard from a good source... the boat will be released late. only because the hull sucked. couldnt get the wakes right. for production the boats will be new from the rub rail up and have the reworked old xstar hull.

not so sure i would want one.
I call bs. Zane and Rusty told everyone the wakes were the best they have ever ridden behind any boat. They wouldn't lie.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-12-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
No, lemon laws don't really apply to boats. Comparing boats to cars just doesn't work because of the production techniques used and the difference in quantity of a production run. As boats get more complex, the more issues they typically have in the first year. Anyone that has bought a cabin cruiser has gone through this.

Not making excuses for MC, I think the Xstar situation is ridiculous.
It depends on your state's laws. Here in Ohio Lemon Laws do apply to boats and motorcycles, not just cars. Just last year a friend of mine had Ducati replace his 1098 with a brand new one because they couldn't fix the oil leaking from the cylinder head after multiple tries. Ducati tried to play hard ball but the Ohio lemon laws are pretty cut and dry so in the end they either had to buy his bike back at full retail or give him a brand new bike.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-12-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
Maybe it will be like the Camaro, super sweet during the unvailing and then they produced a more turd version for production.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-12-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
I am an MC owner and it cracks me up they have the HUGE unveiling brag about it all over their facebook page and its not ready for any type of production. Its just a show care eeeeeerrrrr boat. So who cares. Now they are bragging how great the newly redesigned X2 is. No tracking fins horrible wake with stock ballast and dumped my X star the OG 205v
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-14-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
When did they redesign the X2? Seems to have stayed the same. I have a 2011 and besides some styling tweaks I can't see any difference between mine and a 2008 or 2009. My wake is great with Stock ballast so I guess mine is not the redesigned model. the main quality issues that my dealer told me about where the power tower and the B.I.G. systems. They also did something to my ballast timers before I took possesion so I would not have issues. Sounds like I am very lucky to have a great dealer. They steered me to the older 4 point tower and to the classic dash without the electronics.I have built a good relationship with the mechanics and service manager at my dealer, I would rather talk to those guys than a sales guy before buying a boat. they seem to be a little more blunt and hones. I have put over 200 hours on my boat in the 2 months I have owned it without a singe glitch.

Last edited by kskonn; 12-14-2011 at 9:42 AM. Reason: can't save
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-14-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
^ words of wisdom....great relationship with dealer, specifically the service mgr and mechanics will go a long way.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-14-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Kevin, sounds like you have a good setup there and an honest dealer that know whats up! Enjoy that X2, its a fun boat!

The changes to the 2012 X2 are deck changes only. The hull is the same as far as I can tell. New dash, moved the cooler to the other side, light change to the seats in the bow, glove box modified and lifts on the port side seat. MC has a video on their FB page I think.

Last edited by wakecumberland; 12-14-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-14-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
Yeah what I meant is they changed the top deck and thats supposed to be a big deal. Glad you are happy with your boat. Is a big 20 footer. I looked at one and thought the stock wake was weak compared to that of the 205v. So I gave up space for what in purely my opinion was a better wake. The X2 is supposed to be their best selling boat.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-14-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
^ Not that it matters, X-25 is current best seller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBij_ndm1g0
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-14-2011, 3:15 PM Reply   
Tampawake- I agree that for wakeboarding the X1 is a better wake, I almost went with that boat myself, but I just could not go from an X30 to an X1 from a space stand point. the X2 was a better wakeboarding wake than my 30, not as good of a surf wake but it still does a pretty good job.

Lionel- the X25 has sold like gangbusters since it came out- I see more of those leaving my local Mastercraft dealership than anything else right now.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2011, 6:28 AM Reply   
Wow from the X30 to a X1 would be a tuff downsize. Most people love their X2's certainly was not a slam on the boat. Probably the roomiest if not one of the roomiest boats 20 footers. I cant believe how much more expensive the X25 is compared to the X2. If I could have any MC it would be an X25 but wont be able to afford one of those for another 6 years or so. Got to get something used. I think if they could figure out a way to make the 25 remotely more affordable those things would go crazy. But thats not the MC way. Make it more expensive and cater to the the more wealthy among us.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-15-2011, 7:28 AM Reply   
Yea If I could have any of the MC boats it would be an X25- I can afford one, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a boat. I really like my X2 I got a great deal on it when it was new, it was a promo boat for the local dealer and Mastercraft gives them some cash towards those boats. I worked with the GM of the dealer in his previous career and he gave me a call about the X2 because he knew I was looking. They also added the fly High system, and the attitude plate for me, also threw on a machined acme prop. the prop made a big difference in the stock wake. I am also on a smaller lake so the X2 was the perfect size, I do love the interior layout of that boat, and I really like the lower front end vs the X30, much easier to see over the front when the boat is slammed for wakeboarding.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-15-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
Has there been any issues yet with all the moving parts on the X25? I am referring to the arm rests on the bow seats, the cupholder/step that fold down on the middle of the back seat, the rear transom seats that flip up, etc... Seems like an awful lot of moving pieces that are eventually going to get stepped on too hard, sat on, bumped into, etc. and break. I would like the X25 better if they got rid of those 3 things, stuck with a standard dash(I think that is in option isn't it) and came with the regular tower from the last 5 years. It doesn't really matter because I will never be able to afford one but all those things are the stupid little features that the salesman can talk about and try to warrant the crazy price but in the end will just end up being a problem. In general boat manfucturers only keep parts for 10 years. Mastercraft has so many specialty parts that it is going to suck for owners of these boats when stuff breaks 10+ years down the road. I think the screens are going to be a huge problem for the manufacturers as well unless they have a plan but since they keep changin gthe size of them are those same people that have these boats 10+ years down the road going to be able to buy the correct screen to fit in there? At least a boat like the Centurions have a flat dash panel that you coudl replace with something custom made and put in standard gauges. The power dash thing seems like a future nightmare as well.

I just feel like a lot fo the boats are going to be throw away boats once they are 10+ years old. There is no aftermarket to support the parts on ski boats and the manufacturers only keep backup parts around for so long. It would suck to buy a 2011 X25 in 7 or 8 years from now, have for a couple of years and then have a bunch of stuff break and not be able to fix it. Simple/clean doesn't mean less quality but I can make a pretty good guess that having a bunch more movable features are going to cause more problems down the road.

Last edited by polarbill; 12-15-2011 at 9:17 AM.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Brett, I would bet that most of those little "features" rarely get used by the end customer. They are neat for the sales pitch like you said but don't go much further than that in real world use.

Now when you bring up the topic of the dash....I think you are dead on. Those issues will be a nightmare. Even the "standard" dash on the 2012 MCs are not your typical analog guages. You can't pop one out 10 years from now and drop in any old replacement. Will that guage be available ten years from now? Maybe...if you can find some NOS parts at a dealer somewhere.

But lets face it, the people buying these boats new don't care about ten years from now. They will be on their third new boat by then and their 2012 MC will be a distant memory.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-15-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Brett, I would bet that most of those little "features" rarely get used by the end customer. They are neat for the sales pitch like you said but don't go much further than that in real world use.

Now when you bring up the topic of the dash....I think you are dead on. Those issues will be a nightmare. Even the "standard" dash on the 2012 MCs are not your typical analog guages. You can't pop one out 10 years from now and drop in any old replacement. Will that guage be available ten years from now? Maybe...if you can find some NOS parts at a dealer somewhere.

But lets face it, the people buying these boats new don't care about ten years from now. They will be on their third new boat by then and their 2012 MC will be a distant memory.
That is very true about the standard dash. They have been completely crazy since 04 or 05. Completely custom stuff. I wonder if you can stick a standard 2" guage in the spots or if the only thing that will fit is the custom billet bezel ones that are OEM?

Also, I agree with the people buying these boats new. They will not care about 10 years from now because they will most likely not have the boat.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-15-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
Brett, no issues on my watch so far with those features. Biggest issue I've had with the X25 is not having enough in stock the past two years. I hope that keeps up!!
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-15-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
Someone has to start a trend so others can follow. Not a fan of the touchscreen because u touch the same spot for years it won't look good long. Innovation is not cheap till the patent runs out. No I'm not a MC guy, Nautique is my weapon of choice. But I understand change and the fact that someone has to try it.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-15-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
I don't have a touchscreen in my MC, but can imagine what years of sunblock/suntan oil smeared all over it will do. (like eating french fries in the truck).
Old    Nick911            12-15-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland;

Very true, someone dropping this many dollars for a boat today wont be satisfied with a 10 year-old boat in the future.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2011, 4:07 AM Reply   
People who buy this boat WILL have money and a good job.As stated above they won't own it in 10 years.Just like their vehicles Jaguars,Mercedes,BMW,Lexus,Range Rovers".You see me rollin".Don't be a hater,be a PLAYER.LOL
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-16-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-16-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
^^lololol
Old    Nick911            12-16-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-24-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
call bs all you like. time will tell. all dealers are selling new boats.... where are the new xstars????
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-25-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
Pretty bummed, I asked Santa for a 2012 X Star, ran downstairs this morning and all I found was a note

'Sorry Billy, the power tower broke and I couldn't fit it down the chimney. Maybe next year. Ho, ho,ho - Santa'
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-25-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
^ Hahahaha
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-25-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
Those elves over at MasterCraft need to be whipped for doing a half a$$ job on that power tower! Do the elves get paid or are they still enslaved? I would be building poor quality boats too if I had a lazy boss that only works one day a year!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
Well, it has now been a little over 6 months since expo an still no more glimpses of this boat. Is it even coming at all? Lol MC had all the hype going with the boat and just disappeared after releasing it. I want to see it!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-19-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
You as well as all the customers who have deposits on this Mystery Boat that will out shine all the others.Yes it's true.Trust me i can't tell a lie.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
I heard they delivered the first 2012 XStar to Bigfoot.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
I heard they delivered the first 2012 XStar to Bigfoot.
haha
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-19-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Maybe they're hoping we all just forget about it. Haha!
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-19-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
The Acworth Pro Tour date is only two months away... I wonder which XStar will be out there.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-19-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
I heard they are waiting on some new peanut butter colored ballast bags to some in so they match the interior when putting them on the front seats.
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       03-19-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
I herd that the local mastercraft dealer was saying that if you had put a 5k dollar deposit down for this boat you could sell your deposit now for 15k. I also herd the boats are coming out within a month.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
I herd cats

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
I'll believe they are actually coming out in a month when I see one. They have been saying a month for six months. Soooo I'll expect to see one in September.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
They will have to release something soon. They built the last 2011 X-Star around July of last year. I would think they have missed out on a few sales in the last year and with a new boat from Nautique that pent up demand may go looking elsewhere. I have heard April-May all along though.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-04-2012, 5:13 AM Reply   
It's may and still nothing.......on a brighter note a buddy bought a 40th anniversary x star!!! Woooo! Gonna be a good summer!