Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (bcl569)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
I just moved to the area and looking for people ride with when the weather permits. I have yet to find people that ride in the state, anybody anyone?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-03-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
Looks like your out toward Pittsburg. There is a good amount of people that ride the Harrisburg area and just across border into Maryland around Hagerstown.
Old     (smwake)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-04-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
I know it's probably pretty far for you, but out towards the east of PA, in the pocono's. A Mastercraft and Liquid Force dealership has put together a descent team with a bunch of riders that are always lookin to throw down!! Heres an email - tbart@sterlingmarina.com
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
When I lived in Pittsburgh, I had friends that would go to Conneaut, PA to waterski (back in the day). I've also met other boarders that ride on the Allegheny. I believe there are a couple of board shops/wakeboard boat dealers in the Sharpsburg area. It might be worth looking them up and seeing if they have the names of people looking to ride.

My dad informed me that they have a new boardshop that opened up in Wexford, so I assume that it is starting to gain popularity back there. Pittsburgh has a large boater population, so I think it is just a matter of finding the right resource to tap into it.
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-04-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
could anyone tell me how far those places you just mentioned are from Woodward (or State College, if you haven't heard of Woodward)?? I'll be spending a lot of time this summer up in Woodward, so I'll definitely be looking for peeps to ride with. I know a few guys at Penn State that ride, but it never hurts to know too many riders!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-04-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
State College is near Raystown Lake, which is a beautiful lake that some of NJ people do a roadtrip to
every year. I don't know anyone there, but there HAS TO be some Raystown regulars.
http://www.raystownresort.com/fun.htm
http://www.7pointsmarina.com/
Old     (lfwrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Brandon,

I moved out to Pittsburgh from Florida about a year and a half ago. Unfortunatly, I have not found any places to ride in Latrobe. Pittsburgh is less than an hour away, and there are a lot of people that have boats. I can introduce you to some poeple once it warms up. As long as your bring beer or gas money, they will take almost anyone out.

Below is a list of the places that are good to ride (that I have been to so far), and the distances from Latrobe.

- (1 hour east) Indian Lake - Just north of somerset, good manmade lake, the marina owner (Mike) is a really nice guy. He had a little bit of product and was selling malibus.

- (1 hour west) Pittsburgh has 3 rivers and a lot of different places to ride. I usually ride the Mon River near downtown. The golden triangle ski club is up on the allegheny and they have their own island. The local pro shop is http://www.skipsextrememarine.com They carry Liquid Force, Hyperlite, O'Brien and were talking about picking up Ronix. They travel around the Pittsburgh area, and give people free rides behind Nautiques (usually the 210 or 220). If you check the website, they usually post up where they will be the week before they go.

- (1 hour and a half south) youghiogheny river lake, pa - Really deep and large.

- (2 hours south) Cheat Lake, WV and Deep Creek Lake, MD - This is where I first rode when I moved to PA. You can easly take a board to the local marinas and hitch a ride on someones boat. http://www.highmountainsports.com is on Deep Creek, and usually through a good tournament every August.

- (2 and a half hours north) Conneaut Lake is a natural lake with a good pro shop http://www.navcompany.com . Mark teaches lessons up there, and is friendly to everyone.

- (2 hours east) Raystown Lake, PA. As before mentioned, PSU has a wakeboard club. I have not been out there yet.

I hope this helps.