Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-07-2016, 11:29 AM Reply   
Well, basically recently I've been trying to lock down some one footed tricks while riding and have found myself sliding around the board on some landings, causing me to bail out of the trick. I initially thought that a snowboard stomp pad would do the trick but then saw this picture of Byerly with his board all covered in a bunch of pieces of grip and decided I'd draw inspiration from that.

In the field #cottonfield

A photo posted by scott byerly (@byerly) on

That said, I haven't given it a go yet. I've spent the past few days trying to track down some solid one footer sections but it's mostly been 2013-14ish JD Webb clips and then some recent cable stuff. A couple in Dog Dayz but for the life of me I can't find any reading material from Alliance or anywhere else on doing them/who does them proper, etc. If anybody knows of some literature on the art of one footed tricks that'd be appreciated.

Attached is my board with some strips of skateboard grip I grabbed from a local skate shop. I'm optimistic that this will help a lot on my stability as I can already tell the grip is a huge improvement over the glossy wet topdeck of my board.
Attached Images

Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-07-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
That's badass. Post vids fosho
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       12-07-2016, 1:56 PM Reply   
looks dope dude!! shred ON. that may also be useful for snowboards.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-07-2016, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
That's badass. Post vids fosho
Here's my best so far!

Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-07-2016, 6:07 PM Reply   
Man I've never really liked the one footers (snow or wake). They can look pretty cool but man, the risk of blowing that knee out that's strapped in is so freaking high. Even watching JD I hold my breath every time. Stay safe and keep those bindings loose!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2016, 8:45 AM Reply   
Badass! one foots are tight!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-08-2016, 12:20 PM Reply   
yea.... of all the things I aspire to do on a wakeboard, that isn't one of them. Does look cool tho!

so do you start 1 in/1 out? or pull 1 out after you get up? wouldn't be hard getting up like that, just curious
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-08-2016, 3:54 PM Reply   
I usually practice them at the end of a set. My last few hits I'll undo my systems and just step out of the binding
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-08-2016, 6:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting, that was sick

Aaron Rathy's section in his movie Quiet Please has him doing a few 1 foot tricks with griptape on his deck. Including a backroll as well as a fastplant on henshaw's Unit feature at OWC.

Don't be afraid to look to snowboarding for inspiration -> Scott Stevens is the man and you're going to find more material for 1 foot stuff overall
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2016, 12:06 AM Reply   
Props dude looks sick!
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       12-10-2016, 9:56 PM Reply   
look into crab grab "skate rails". http://crabgrab.com/skate-rails-1/
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-13-2016, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
I usually practice them at the end of a set. My last few hits I'll undo my systems and just step out of the binding

I have always wanted to try some one foots. How are the falls when it comes to your other knee?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-14-2016, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have always wanted to try some one foots. How are the falls when it comes to your other knee?
I try to fall out the back and lay flat as if to slow my whole body down, avoiding letting the board torque my leg in a direction that my body isn't going. Imagine laying on flat ground with one foot in, the board is flat, knee at 90 degree bend and back flat. This way lets me sink/slow down evenly.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-16-2016, 11:34 AM Reply   
Dang, I guess I'll just have to give it a go. I ride CWB so I'll be one footing without a boot on.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-16-2016, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dang, I guess I'll just have to give it a go. I ride CWB so I'll be one footing without a boot on.
If you give it a go barefoot you are braver than I. A board edge off the ankle or landing with a bare foot under the board would put a quick end to my day ha.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-19-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
If you give it a go barefoot you are braver than I. A board edge off the ankle or landing with a bare foot under the board would put a quick end to my day ha.

Someone on the friends section of dog dayz did it. I thought it looked pretty sick.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-19-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Speaking of one foots, on the VWC friends section a dude did a one foot slide across the top of the box. It wasn't sloppy either.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-19-2016, 5:03 PM Reply   
You must REALLY want to break you leg or shatter your knee. This has to be a joke
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-19-2016, 8:25 PM Reply   
Google snowboarders fracture. Been there done that when one foot came out. So F the one footers lol