Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (joaomalheiros)      Join Date: May 2014       01-05-2015, 1:28 PM Reply   
I was watching some snowboarding clips and it came to my mind if it would be possible to use a bungee rope to wakeboard, kinda like a winch does (costing less). i was thinking for some short jibs/ small pond. what are your thoughts about this, might work or not?
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       01-05-2015, 3:28 PM Reply   
I don't see it working the same as snowboarding. Too much resistance IMO for a wakeboarder to be pulled over water. You would need a much stronger bungee than snowboarders use making it tough to pull back on. Concept is solid, just don't think it would transfer to wakeboarding that well.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-05-2015, 4:03 PM Reply   
I saw a video a while back where they did something like that in a river with a pretty heavy current. The rider would drift down river with rope and bungie in hand as far as the rope would allow them to go. Then then angle the board up to the top of the water and it pulls them back. They were going pretty damn fast. Looked fun.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-06-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
I like where this is going, at first I was with Jason, but after reading Davids post I would like to see this in action. I like the river idea/concept to float you back down. The worst part of winching is wakeboarding for 10 seconds then pulling the rope back, putting the board back on and starting again.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-06-2015, 3:06 PM Reply   
Found the Video in action and its working! I like this idea! Appears to be working great, wonder how it would work on a rail!

http://www.grindtv.com/action-sports...e-snake-river/
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-06-2015, 3:30 PM Reply   
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       01-06-2015, 5:04 PM Reply   
Well what do you know! I would have never thought it possible, but I guess this isn't the first time I've been wrong.
Old     (amsterdamn)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-06-2015, 6:01 PM Reply   
looks a lot like a banshee bungee
Old     (revolutionwake)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-06-2015, 10:28 PM Reply   
That's a great idea. The problem is finding a location like that. They're lucky, looks fun.
Old     (joaomalheiros)      Join Date: May 2014       01-07-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
by that video we see that i works quite well! my main idea was actually in still water and people stretching it kinda like the snowboarders do. i guess i will have to find some of these bungee cords and try it!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2015, 7:07 AM Reply   
Ha...you never know what someone will think of next.

I could see the under 10 crowd goofing around at this all day. I would get a little bored. There has to be some concern about the damage possible from a broken rope snapping back and taking an eye out.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2015, 9:37 AM Reply   
I've done it before on the river using a garage spring.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
This looks like a lot of work with pretty much no reward.