Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
A little back story. My childhood best friend's beagle went missing while being watched while he was out of town. We made signs, passed out flyers, had everyone in the area looking for him around the clock. Days went by and hope was pretty much lost since he went missing in a rural area. Well six days later he received a phone call from a lady that saw a dog matching the description go into the woods behind her house. My friend rushed over there from work and sure enough found his beagle, Gunner in the spot where the lady saw him enter the woods. He had traveled about 8 miles in the direction of where he lives so best guess is he was trying to get back home, which was 20 miles away from where he originally went missing.

Gunner was found in very bad shape and was taken to the local vet. His condition was bad enough that his normal vet had to refer him to a specialty vet hospital to treat his injuries. Gunner had been hit by a car and had a broken leg, internal injuries, infected lacerations that maggots had infested, and his lip had been torn away from his jaw bone. The vet estimated that he had been hit two to three days prior being found and wouldn't have lived another day had he not been found when we was.

He is on the mend but is still requiring treatment. The vet bills are now up to $7,500 so we have started an online donation to help out my friend and his beloved beagle, Gunner. If you can afford to make a small PayPal donation please do so. I know there are a lot of dog lovers on WW which is why I decided to post it here.

http://savegunner.chipin.com/save-gunner

Thanks,
Aaron

Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-21-2012, 10:45 PM Reply   
A good reminder to everyone with a pet to get insurance. It has saved me probably $10k in surgeries over less than a year (ACL issues).
Old    deltahoosier            07-21-2012, 11:13 PM Reply   
Thus vet bills have gone nuts in costs. Just like human medicine.