Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Ron1xNautique            02-02-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
This may be the worlds dumbest question but are the saltwater canals in the palm coast area of FL actually saltwater/brackish or are they a mixture of fresh/saltwater? The reason I ask is, I'm going to put an offer in on a house located on the saltwater canals and wasn't sure if I would be able to launch my Ski Nautique without tearing it up? and If so is there access to fresh water(river) from there or is the Intercoastal Waterway fine to take my boat in. Keep in mind I've only been to FL twice
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-02-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
the way I understand it, a mix of salt and freshwater is called Brackish. other than that, I dont think I can help you much. good luck.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-03-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
I live on a "brackish" waterway. Dont let the name fool you. Its pretty damn salty still and will corrode you boat unless properly taken care of. I have a Saltwater series boat and it still gets build up and salt deposits all over. Make sure you flush you engine everytime or you will be sorry.
Old     (kwipp)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-04-2011, 7:15 PM Reply   
Salt eats away boats, especially ski boats. If you want to keep things clean your gonna have to flush your motor plus wash down after each day of riding. It depends on the mix of salt though. Some places are worse than others.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-04-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
+1 on what Wipp said... I live on a brackish river in Ormond Beach and everytime we take the Axis out, we wash it and flush the motor in the driveway. We don't leave it in for any more than three days and there's not a problem with it that is caused by the water. Just take care of it, wipe down the entire inside with a freshwater-soaked towel and wash the outside and flush the motor. Don't forget to at least spray down the trailer and clean the wheels too.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-07-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
I get a Salt Water Series MasterCraft every year for that very reason, check one out, otherwise if you take care of the inboard it will be just fine, but you really gotta keep after it if it's not been set up as a SS boat. Hope this helps ya.