Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
This new flexboard technology might be for real. I know both Aaron Aubrey and Randy Harris. I was shocked when Aaron decided to ride for slingshot. Makers of a flex board. Aaron was always the guy to talk smack about gimmicks and be a little more "core" than the next guy. So when he signed with slingshot I was shocked. Now Randy signing with Company and supposedly gonna ride a flex board really shocks me. Both these guys being your hard core west coast style riders really puts a stamp on these "flex boards". A friend of mine from truckee rides one and loves it too. Who else rides these or did ride one?? If there is a signifacant advantage, I want it. I guess I will have to ride one. But Having style cats like Randy and Aaron riding the flex technology may push boards in this direction.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-01-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
i rode a slingshot board for awhile. i liked it, but i split it in half.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I have a slingshot recoil, came from the Shane. And my vew of it, is it give about the same pop as the shane, but the landings are signifantly softer. It is a very fun board to ride, u can butterslide all over the place, but when you want to get down to business, the board can get on a edge.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-01-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
my slingshot is the best board I have ever been on, even if you're not doing this-and-that trick just riding it and playing with the flex is a ton of fun....

i would guess in a few years most companies will have a whole line of flex stuff.... flex is the future
Old     (kylenautique)      Join Date: May 2008       08-01-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Hey JD what happened to your board? How did it split?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yeah it doesn't make sense to me. I've ridden less stiff boards in the past, like the old origins for example, and I hated the way they absorbed energy from the wake and seemed to reduce pop.

When I watched that first vid of Jeff House hitting dubs on his Slingshot, the way he was missing the pop and punching threw the wake, my doubt seemed to be validated. But, I've seen Aaon going big on his. I guess we'll see soon what Randall can do.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
C.I.E., That's what I tough to, but it's really not the case!!! It's not like a wet noodles, it's more like a one piece hockey stick... it's stiff and gives you a dynamic response!!! If you put a great progressive edge, you can feel it very well! I did my biggest jump ever with that board!!! It's awesome how I can feel it when I do a backroll!!! It's just launch me... booooom!!! I ride a Shane 2006 with Watson binding 2008.... it was, for me, the perfect board and binding but now, it's different!!! It feels approximately the same but always a bit better in each point, plus, you can play with the flex, so....
Awesome edge, awesome pop, softer landing, loose on surface, comfortable and ergonomic binding... and more!!! Recoil RULES!!!!! Try it and get it!!!
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Excuse... I ride the Recoil with the D2 2008!!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
its def a fun board to ride. i'd like to ride the response and see the difference in the 2.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-01-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
i got the response bro right now bro. Its cool i def liked the recoil more imo more pop and better edge. The response is a lil faster and consistant but not as popy
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
So you think Randall is going to go any bigger than he already insanely does because he will be riding a flex? I doubt it. I think it'll just be more evidence that once you reach a certain skill level and put as much time on the water that these guys do, it don't matter much what's strapped to your feet. It's the skillz! These guys could kill it on a skurfer! I'm not saying that flex boards are all hype, but I wouldn't expect it to add 3 feet to your jumps over night like I read on some of these threads.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
My cousin ordered one and it suppose to be delivered this afternoon.... we are just waiting to try it tonight or tomorow!!! Recoil or Response... I love 3-stages board but when it's flex, I can't tell!!! Come on Fed Ex!!!!!
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Just try one.....
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-01-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Always flex boards for sale on this forum, why?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
not everything is for everyone...thats why
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
My grand-father never changed his big old Cadillac for anything.... some are more conservative!!!
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-01-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
hahah good one!
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-01-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Yeah the key is to get really comfortable on a board and stick with it. I see too many people buying a new board every year and then having to learn the boards responses all over again.
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-01-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
just picked up a 142 slingshot response
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
See all them pros with knee braces? (randal's got them on both legs) It's the soft landings that are gona rope riders in,... but not just the soft landings too for that matter.

I wonder what talk is happening in the design rooms of all the wake companies right now??? Significant talk of flex lines no doubt.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
I can tell you my knees are sore too. One reconstructed ACL, MCL and no miniscus. Wakeboarding is way harder on my knees than BMX. I can sit down on my seat to releave pressure on my legs if I land flat. Wakeboarding is ALL on the knees especially when you go in the flats. BMX crashes are burlier for sure, but everyday wakeboarding is harder on the body than evryday BMX. Maybe the flex is for me......
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
i hated it. pop and landings sucked. i'm no pro so take it for what it's worth.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hey Joe,

I would trust your oppinion over 95% of the people on these forums. I have ridden both the response and recoil. I still haven't made up my mind if I like slingshots. After watching the slingshot videos, it definately looks like the guys are going smaller. I just don't want to fork out the money for hype....so I am building my own slingshot type wakeboard in the garage.
Old     (dillls)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-02-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Are flex boards lighter than other boards?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-02-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
very light -- sub6 and monarch are the only ones that give my recoil a run for its money
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-02-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
I held one a while ago, and it was REALLY light. Like nick said, the Monarch, Sub 6, and IMO the Marek are the only ones close that i've had a chance to see. I dunno about the Ronix Dark Cores though. They are crazy thin, but from what i hear, pretty darn solid. Leo, I've noticed that in some spots, like in the 3 Cheeseburgers and a 720 video from Alliance.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
It is definitely gona start looking interesting, starting next season. I am anticipating some slingshot vs Co. Wake issues to rival the competitive show from the hype vs LF issues (and other companies vs other companies) we have seen for years.

I think it is a little funny that some people have already started commenting about Co. Wake being more advanced than Slingshot. maybe they know more than i think they do, but more or less i bet their statements are complete shots in the dark.

I want to think that i remember a thread a while back where someone hinted at a completely new model for slingshot. Either way, I'm willing to bet that slingshot will have a new addition or two next year (possibly unvieled at the surf expo too) to their line that will be "more advanced" and give Co. wake a run for their money... and i imagine vise versa too. These two companies are going to really be pushing each other from now on i think, while others are gona have to play catch-up (speaking of flex tech)
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-04-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Yes new slingshot boards with new technology. I talked to Aaron and he said "wait til the new stuff comes out!!" so I am.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-04-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
I've heard that Slingshot has some new boards on the way, and from I understand (have heard from multiple places outside these forums) the factory that manufactures slingshot, is manufacturing Co Wake products. (but remember, these are rumors, so who knows)

Kyle, It split while I was doing air tricks at the cable. I heard a snap when I released and it basically cracked right in the middle. I love the boards though...they are a ton of fun.

(Message edited by jealous_soul on August 04, 2008)

(Message edited by jealous_soul on August 04, 2008)
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-04-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
For everybody who thinks thats flex board doesn't pop as strong as a normal board..... just try it!!!!!!! I mean, I got a Shane (a board who's suppose to get a lot of pop) and the Recoil just impress me!!! It snap like... boooooom!!!! I tried a lot of boards and nothing ride as good as the recoil!!!! You got to try it!!!
I really think that the guys who said the landing sucks just didn't land any w2w jump with it!!! Real soft landing!!! I'm 210 and I felt the difference!!! Try it and give me some news!!!
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-05-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
I love my Recoil... I don't think I could ever go back to a non-flex board with my knees. I have a Ronix Mana that I LOVE, but I cannot ride it regularly as my knees will ache for a week after just one set on any board that does not flex. The landings are seriously THAT SOFT on the Slingshot.

The pop is just as good as the Mana and the Shane (have both) and it is pretty light too.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Fred, I have ridden both Slingshots. But not enough to make a decision. My friend is getting one this week, and I will start riding it more. But after watching videos of their pro team, I just don't see the same amplitude as from other board company teams.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-05-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
I got like 14 feet of air on a slingshot.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Yea, thats what some others guys said that pump slingshot constantly. Then they posted some real pictures and they were getting maybe 6 at the most.
Old     (slfxm)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
It sounds like they could be awesome or they could be mostly hype. I'm going to have to see if I can demo one somewhere. Does anyone have any links to videos showing riders on slingshots getting big air and pop? Or, the opposite, showing a lack of air and pop?

(Message edited by slfxm on August 05, 2008)
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
yea Leo, I get like 40 on mine you will see this weekend LOL! mine will be here on Thurs I will go Fri Eve if you want to go
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Tim, would be great if you could post a pic of that (if you were serious).

I have tried a 145 Response and I can't say if I actually got more pop than on my Covin, but I can say that it definitely felt as if I got more. The Response was for sure one of the most fun boards I've ever been on, and since I demoed it I am thinking about switching to slingshot (just waiting til the 08 stuff is getting cheaper).

But, I am also asking myself why in the videos with slingshot riders, it always seems as if they are not getting that amazing pop, as you can sometimes see with other pros. Is it the riders or the boards? On the other hand, watching McKee really just makes you want to go out riding. Team Slingshot definitely seems to enjoy their rides a lot, prob wouldn't be the case if they thought their product sucked.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Protag, I think Tim is kidding. Someone was on here claiming they got 12ft on their new slingshot, but then posted pictures of himself only getting about 6ft. Don't get me wrong, I like the way the board rides and want to demo it some more. But don't make claims that a flex board will give you skills that you don't have.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have an 07 Recoil 138 with Driver boots size 10 for sale. Neither of them have even left the packaging. 400 + shipping!

Now that that is out of the way, I havn't tested flex boards myself, but I have heard they are a ton of fun on rails and in the flats.
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
that's what I thought, Leo. just didn't want to give up hopes of seeing crazy pop on a slingshot. 14 feet would have been impressive.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-05-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
giddy -up slingshot, hybrid flexboards are on their way....thanks liquid force.

who will win this war?
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
a guy at a board shop told me that this year he thought slingshot would sell out to l force and that there was going to be alot of hype about flex so who knows
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
My bro has a slingshot with those snow boot/bindings with the 4' laces you know the ones. Board sucks and the bindings are horrible, you cant get your foot out without the liner coming out. The fins are prone to falling off, This being said from the rep himself after we lost one. The pop isnt anything to get a hard on about, Much better boards out on the market. I would rather ride an O'brien with sandel bindings than those POS. Just my .02
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
wow
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Here is my two cents, the best way to see for yourself about whether or not flex boards work is to demo one.

There is a reason that Randall Harris is riding a flex board, there is a reason that Slingshot has an incredible team of stylie riders.

Some people may or may not like them, but I started riding a Slingshot about 1 year and a half ago, and have not once gone back to a traditional board.

I will always rock a flex board from here on out, try one for yourself!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Seems like a board either absorbs energy well or not. And it also seems absorbing energy would be a positive influence on landings, but not on pop. Physics wise can you really have both?

(Message edited by wake upppp on August 05, 2008)
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
it's not soft... it gives you a response... like a hockey stick... a bow... whatever!!! Just try it man!!!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
I will go out on a limb here and say if someone doesn't have the right technique a flex board may not be right for them, but if you know what your doing it seems like a real fun board to ride. I can't wait to try one out myself.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
By JD (jealous_soul) on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 10:11 am: Edit Post Delete Post
i rode a slingshot board for awhile. i liked it, but i split it in half.

Good for you. Guess what...wakeboards break! That's just how it is. I am sick of "I like (insert and board here) but I broke one. Glad you are so proud you broke a stick. Everyone does it eventually. Please quit trying to validate your skills to the readers of this site by saying you broke a board. Thank you.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
maybe he wasn't trying to validate his riding, but saying he hadn't broken a board until the slingshot? consider that maybe? thank you.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
I will not consider anyting other than the obvious. Everyone wants to mention...if not (disagree if you will) brag about... breaking boards for only 2 reasons.

1.Validate I am so good I broke a board
2.These boards suck.

Neither is true for slingshot.

(Message edited by seven20 on August 05, 2008)
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-05-2008, 10:20 PM Reply   
"When I watched that first vid of Jeff House hitting dubs on his Slingshot, the way he was missing the pop and punching threw the wake, my doubt seemed to be validated."

Wow. Incredible insight. Someone missed the pop on a double up so your doubts are suddenly validated? Newflash genius, people miss double ups. People miss pop. And yes, this may be hard to believe, but even the pros too.

Ever watch Drive? Yeah, Jeff didn't have a problem there. Ever seen Rhett Whatley ride a Slingshot? It's sick.

Some of you people are incredible. Logic and reasoning completely escapes you.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
i broke a board once...i posted about it here.

1. at no time was i trying to validate how good i am. heck, i even said all i was doing was a 180.
2. at no time did i ever say the board sucked cause it broke. all companies' boards break.
3. i thought the slingshot sucked. it might have been a bad day or whatever, but i'd try it again...with MY bindings. i wouldn't try slingshot's bindings ever again. i value my feet.

(Message edited by dakid on August 05, 2008)
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
What is the point of talking about breaking a board online then? To put bad press out about a company. That is it. Therefore, you are basically saying in an underlying fasion to the very uneducated wakeworld congregation that the board sucks because you broke it on a simple 180.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 10:48 PM Reply   
nope...no matter what spin you you try to put on it, i simply thought it was cool. heck, i don't even remember mentioning what board it was.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
You have been a member since 2001...and you thought it was cool you finally broke a board? Sounds like you were looking for bragging rights and validation but that's just what the average reader would say
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
or someone looking for way more than what it was.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 11:05 PM Reply   
or someone hating to be called out
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
that made no sense, but ok.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
Joe knows almost everything, and I say almost only because slingshots rock.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
haha! nah nick, i don't know jack! but again, i would be willing to give slingshot another try...'cept the bindings. i don't care what you say about 'em...they suck ass!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
I think i remember on a Co. Wake thread a Co. representative denouncing any affiliation with Slingshot, so i do not think that they are made in the "same factory"... but on the other hand i have heard of cars and all sorts of other stuff built in the same factory that are of two different brands...

Leo Lasecki,
Here we go again ;)
The "someone claiming 12 ft air" was me.
***WARNING, CLARIFICATION INCOMING***WARNING, CLARIFICATION INCOMING***
1. I represented/repeated a claim of 3 individuals that i rode with who estimated my air to be about that height
*2. I was riding on an Extended Tower, and so the rope was already 12 ft in the air or so
3. It was probably the best wake i had been on up to that point (totally slammed boat, nothing super special, but weighted nonetheless)
4. The pictures posted were pictures taken from a different time period, different lake, and a different boat, an I/O for that matter. people were badly wanting to see pics and i promised i'd post some but NEVER promised they would represent the "claims"
5. (4b). One of the guys i was with even backed me up (or himself i guess) on the 12 ft air claim and also said the pics were of a different occasion and not with him. I don't have time to look-up the original threads, but trust me on this
6. Maybe it was one of those "Lucky Pops" that everyone gets from time to time... but yet, i was Definitely "feeling" like i was getting booted all the time, especially in coparisson to the hyp imperial i rode behind the same extended and slammed boat set-up
7. I never Perpously mis-represent my skill-level, trying to sound all bad and all like some. if ever it comes across that way i try to correct it or rte-phrase (like now). I am typically more humble of my abilities... atleast, that is what most people who have ACTUALLY seen me ride think.

I have since to ride behind a boat (wake, more specifically) as nice as the one that i got (or didn't get) the "BIG AIR," Except for the AWESOME occasion that i rode behind THE WAKEWORLD GHOST at the Bro Stock. I DO have video of that occasion somewhere, but i know it does not show any "SUPER REMARKABLE AIR." maybe if the water was not so choppy and if i had the same amount of time to get used to the boat and wake as i did when i got "the claimed air" i might have at least come close to repeating the incidence. maybe, and hopefully...
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
You did not go 12 feet. Sorry to be the one to inform you.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 11:48 PM Reply   
And before you tell me I wasn't there...look at this picture.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wakeworld.com/WWImages/news/2005/doubleornothing14.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp%3Farticleid%3D196&h=313&w=250&sz=16 &hl=en&start=4&tbnid=vTRD3lGtskQcAM:&tbnh=117&tbnw =93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddanny%2Bharf%2B1080%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3D en%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Danny is not 3 times his squated height off the wake, therefore I am going to measure him at 10 to 12 feet max. His overall height is probably 4 feet with all body tucked, so that is giving a little.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-06-2008, 2:13 AM Reply   
you guys are flex with side cut...and the fins are not needed
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
Its amazing how easily people get offended on the internet by someone they don't even know.

I never once said slingshots sucked. I have ridden both boards, and plan to ride my friends that he just bought. The landings are really soft, which I liked. The board carves crazy which I really like. But I just don't believe the hype that they pop better.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on August 06, 2008)
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2008, 6:59 AM Reply   
joe, you must have the weirdest shaped feet.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
Leo

I've been riding the response 145 and PB floyds all summer. When we get back up to school feel free to take as many sets on them as you want. I was so sold on the Tribute til I got on the Response and now I can't go back. It just takes a little getting used to that's all!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-06-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
i've never riden a flex board, but I definitely think they suck.
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-06-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Seven 20 bust 15 footers on his flex Jobe Lyman. Ive seen it.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
WakeViolator

don't diss it til you try it! I thought they were wack til I rode one for a week and then I was sold.

Some people hate them, it's all pref.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-06-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
i just threw that last statement to shake some trees...

I ride flex boards when the time is right...SLIDING RAILS!

Upload
Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   

quote:

By j hill (jhilltn) on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 6:59 am:

joe, you must have the weirdest shaped feet.

why, cause i didn't like what you guys liked?
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
why? you're asking me... i guess because of one of your parents, or a mixture of the both parents' feet. what bindings do you like?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
seven20, note how i said liked the boards. i've broken a couple lf boards and a hyperlite premier before. slingshot's customer service was pretty solid as well. i never said anything bad about the board itself or that i was even remotely good at riding, so why don't you slow your roll.

(Message edited by jealous_soul on August 06, 2008)
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-06-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Just because a product is made in the same factory doesn't mean it will have the same technology. You would really have to be retarded to think that.

Are either of them made in china?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
No, both made in the U.S.
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-06-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
Maybe I need to break my board to break through this trick funk i've been in. It would obviously say something about my riding abilities.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
seven (seven20)

of course you were not there
and the pic only has a fragment of sense if any sense at all... I'm sure that is Danny's best example of HUGE AIR and that no one could ever surpase it...(not dissin' Danny by any means)
I'm willing to say that i did not get 10-12 ft, but i am also willing to say that it was not out of question either. Frankly, I don't know how high i jumped, and will never ever know for sure. I'm counting on 3 people who WERE there, my past jumps and feelings to go with them and videos to actually see what those jumps and feelings resulted with. All you have is a nice little thumbnail of Danny.

the only reason i am remotely willing to have "faith" that i got "BIG AIR" was that 3 people agreed that it was HUGE (by the mouth of two or more witnesses...). I can get 5-6 ft for my average, max air. all of us have had lucky pops, little/ natural double ups, created by the natural waves of the lake on a ripply day. many of us have hit double-ups and KNOW the feeling.
... whether it was the extended tower, the ridiculously steep wake that was hard to maintain balance off of, or the slingshot board (i'm willing to admit that this list is most likely listed in order from most to least influential) a good portion of the jumps that day felt like double-up hits, even though they were just straight riding.

I'd love to show pics and prove me right.. or even to have pics that only showed 8 at the max to prove myself "wrong." I had no camera that day, sorry. all you (and anyone else) will get is witnesses (believe it or not, similar to scripture... ya i know that is a stretch of comparison)

BUT MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: i don't care IF flex boards only "feel" like they give more pop and actually do rob a bit of Pop, it is not enough for "me" to tell a significant difference. All of the other benefits i get from flex, disregarding pop, are MORE than enough to convert me forever to flex

----------------------------------------------------------
And stop making me to sound like a bragger with all talk and no walk or somethin', especially when more than half of the details are disreguraded. maybe some are thinking, "well don't write that stuff then"... I wrote as many details as i could think of for my Slingshot reviews back then, because it was a NEW thing (got voted number one Innovation) and hardly anyone had the chance to try a slingshot yet. I wanted to give anyone and everyone all my thoughts... more than the typical board review that could be copy and pasted under any board on the market. i think that original review was like 2-3 pages on MS Word. ;)

I'm ok with the occasional joking around about my "12 ft air" (as with Tim Krutz and Joe Umali and some others) but make sure that is all it is, just friendly.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-06-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
Uuhhhh...