Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (CenTex)      Join Date: May 2014       05-23-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
So I've been seeing the treads about boat camping and all the awesome pics. I'm in Lake Whitney Tx and am wondering if there are any rules or regulations about camping on the shoreline somewhere that isn't in a park.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-27-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
Here in CA I know that most lakes want you to camp a specified distance from
The water. Example 110 feet above the high water mark. They figure this is a good way of keeping trash ect out of the water. Camp fires may or may not be allowed. I'm sure with the dry conditions everywhere campfires are a no no. Check with local rangers to find out any specific rules if your unsure.

We went to our favorite lake to camp at and found out that they made a new rule that you can only camp on one side of the lake!!!! We decided that we would take our chances and it payed off No one ever showed up to tell us different, I like to follow the rules but some stuff just seems ridiculous. I'm sure there is good reason for much of the rules but the way we camp you would never know were were ever there and we leave the place cleaner then we found it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-28-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
If you can't do it in CA, then you can likely do it in TX. Just sayin.
Old     (Livesound)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-28-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Being a Texan, there is a law that states you have to be in an area approved for camping, but like psudy said as long as no one complains about you being there you probably be ok. Depends how many residents live on the lake. Also some of the power plant lakes I know they really don't like it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you can't do it in CA, then you can likely do it in TX. Just sayin.
A friend work's for a (Well known) national Solar Company he said that here in Ca we have to pay more for panels because of disposal fee's ect. In Texas the same panels are cheaper because in Texas they just bury them with other trash and avoid California's regulations and extra cost to have the toxic material removed b4 they get disposed of.

Point being sometimes a little regulation is a good thing
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-29-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
Pack the boat with everything, launch boat - drive into some fingers & quiet coves, find a good shore to camp. Set up anchor buddy , set up camp.
That's it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-29-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
I never said it was good or bad.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
I would love to do some of this. I can think of a dozen great spots within easy reach right now.
My problem is mosquitoes, no-seeums, SW crocs, black bears, bobcats and panthers. Plus fishing at night we are pretty much guaranteed to catch a shark which always spurs conversation about sharks where we ride.
Sometimes I rent a lake house 2 hours from here and we play camp.