Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-09-2012, 4:37 PM Reply   
I have a 97 Sport Nautique and have been getting an unusal amount of water in the bilge. It is very wet on the drivers side far rear corner of the boat. It is not coming in from the packing or engine area. I have heard of some of thesew hulls leaking but can't find any info on it. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-09-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
Are you surfing with it? Water could be coming in from the rub rail, my old boat leaked a little there. Is there a shower pump mounted back there as well? Is the Carpet wet too? Other possibilities cold be transom tie downs or swim platform brackets.

Last edited by parkcityxj; 07-09-2012 at 5:27 PM.
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-09-2012, 7:50 PM Reply   
Not surfing, but I think I will pull everything including the tank out and put it in the water. It will take on water just hanging out.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-09-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
I know this is obvious, but since it takes on water just sitting I'd try putting water in it on the trailer and seeing if it leaks somewhere. I know it's easier for water to come in while it's in the water than it is for water to drain while it's out but you may get lucky. Good luck!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-09-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
Have you had a drill anywhere near your boat any time prior to this mysterious increase?
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-09-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replys, I have tried all of the above with no luck. My next step is to lock the transom to the trailer and weight the boat if I have to to keep it under water and back it down the ramp and look and wait.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2012, 5:34 AM Reply   
fill up the bilge with water on the trailer. Watch for where it comes out. Obviously not too high. Mine turned out to be a slight leak at the drain plug.
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-17-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
Probably is the packing gland or the bottom of your muffler is broken. Take the rear access floor panel out and put in water
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-17-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
The boat is about an hour away so I am waiting for some time off to go check all this stuff. Thanks for the replys.
Old     (wdr)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-17-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Sam, try draining it out and then put it on the fake-a-lake in the driveway. That way you could possibly discount a loose hose or clamp, heater hose (not uncommon) or other interior issue. The water could be travelling down a stringer from the front to the rear if it is a heater hose/core issue.