Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2013, 12:05 AM Reply   
Sold my Tige on Saturday and obsessed about my old x-star wake for a 3 days, not to mention the gas mileage of a smaller boat, so on Wednesday July 2nd at 11:15 at night I found a 2000 Xstar in Lake Elsinore for a great price. Called in the morning and it was still for sale. It just so happened that my father in law was driving up to my house in Utah, from Temecula around 3:00 that afternoon. Well, I'm pretty confident in my abilities to fix stuff, so after spending the day running around to banks, asking questions, begging favors and offering bribes I got the deal done in time to get it to Utah for the 4th of July. Got the boat today. Let the project begin.

2000 X-star
Belly bag, (neither pump working) No rear ballast
Slight V-Drive seal leak (not sure which one it is) -Anyone have experience with this?
330hp Northstar engine
Needs some seats reupholstered
No perfectpass
Not sure I dig the oldschool tower - To replace or not replace?
Large round decals are pretty beat and starting to peal -What should I do to replace them?
Decently looking speakers and amp, cheap head unit with no remote.
Anyway, she starts right up, after 1/2 of cleaning today I'm still trying to get the old oil residue out of the bilge (belly bag was coated and disgusting, not to mention all the beer cans and water bottles left in there.)

Gotta work quick, summer moves fast in Utah.
Attached Images