Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
i think someone has died, the stabber fled in a yellow boat
http://cbs13.com/local/delta.stabbing.suspect.2.786480.html
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
2 or 3?

http://cbs13.com/local/delta.fatal.stabbing.2.786742.html
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-03-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Thats why we dont go there, nuttn but BS
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-03-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
What's this world comin to?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-04-2008, 3:10 AM Reply   
thats 3 dead on the delta in 3 weeks........... needless to say this wasnt boating related to some extent but i mean enough is enough
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Charley, this kind of stupidity is boating related on the delta, and has been as long as I can remember. The 18 to 25 thug life crowd has embraced boating, and have brought a non family mentality to alot of the delta.

Years ago, I stopped going out on weekends because of crap like this, the jet skis, and the general stupidity of too many people out there.

Now I have a job that prevents me from going out on the weekdays, and I still don't go out on the weekend. I just don't get out. It sucks ass, but I've let these idiots take away the most enjoyable thing in my life.

While I wouldn't take my kid to Lost Isle, hell I don't go there, the problem isn't just Lost isle and ski beach. Seems like lately you can't get out and not have your kid see a dead body somewhere.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-04-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Jeff - I don't know anything about the delta but isn't it big enough to find a small space to yourself even on the weekends. I hate to see someone let a bunch of ignoramus's ruin it for them. Just does not seem fair. If your ever in tampa/clearwater/st. pete let me know and i will be more than happy to take you out.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-04-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Who carries a knife in their board shorts on the water. You are just looking for trouble by going to Lost Isle with a knife on you.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
I love Florida.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-04-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
those guyz with a knife i just wish they will catch an edge so hard that the fuc%in knife plant so hard into their legs now we will have something to talk about !
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-04-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
the cops can't find the third victim cuz dude is layin low waitin' to get his payback. What goes around comes around.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
how does somebody even stab three people and get away? you better have a sword.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-04-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Half the people out on the Island or even the beaches are not even in board shorts. So many are wearing the long jean shorts even socks and shoes. All the get away spots are getting over run with thug wanna be.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
no offense but when you stick 3 people your not a want a be your thuggin. I grew up in the hood and i dont like hittin the beach or lost isle cause i run into all the people i knew growing up that are still up to no good. I see the most true og's when get stuck on a boat that wnats to stop there. I hate it. Theres some serious thugs and felons that hit those spots
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-04-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
jeff i agree that the weekend have gotten kinda crazy i have benn on the delta for about 8 years now so its nothing new to me im just sick of hearing about people dying in my favorite waterway. i try to stay off the delta on te weekends but it just doesnt happen unless i take my standup out which i drive like my boat very cautiously.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Long time no see Thane!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
good thing there is only one lost isle, and the delta is a big place, i only very rarely visit Lost Isle, i was there the weekend on the 4th a few years back when it almost burned down from bottle rockets getting shot into the old palms, back them it was wide open, pull up throw anchor swim in, it has gotten better since the installing of the perimeter fence and requiring ID's from anyone stepping onto the island...Lost Isle has not ever been for kids and it still is no place to take kids and kids are not even allowed as far as I know. the cops have the stabbers name and they will get him.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
a kid died wading too. not sure which marina near tracy

http://cbs13.com/local/drowning.san.joaquin.2.787047.html

(Message edited by bftskir on August 04, 2008)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-04-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Nick, "when you stick 3 people your not a wanna be your thuggin" true dat!!!
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-04-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
The kid that died was behind DVI prison just south of Mossdale. No water sports involved from what I know. That area of the Delta is way shallow. He lived just down the street from there