Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-25-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Hey guys... I've got a custom made tower and am trying to source a light to put above the tow point or a tow point that already includes a light. Any idea who sells them?

Thanks!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-25-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
we took our boats stock one (like 3 ft of metal pole w/ light on top) cut it down so its like 2" and the light.... drill a hole in the top if one of the crossbars on the tower and wired it up, works perfectly
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-25-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
I got the one in my profile picture at Walmart. It folds up and down. It was less than $20. Boater's World and West Marine have them too.

Hope this helps,
Jman
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-25-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
MonsterTower.com has them I believe...
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-25-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
I have the Titan Tower one and it works great and looks good also!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-25-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Got mine at WalMart too. I cut the stalk down so that it would fit down between my tower bars when laid down. My tower is tall and hits tree branches in my neighborhood sometimes, so I'm sure it would be gone by now if it stuck up above the bars. Also FYI pop-rivets are hands-down the best way to attach stuff like this.

Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
http://www.innovativelight.com/all-round-led-ski-light_p_1473_11562_5.cfm
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2008, 1:57 AM Reply   
I'd actually throw a vote out there for using small stainless screws rather than stainless rivets. Use screws with plenty of copper grease on them. They'll cut their own thread as you insert them and are removable should you require at a later date for service or replacement.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-26-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
I've used both and prefer rivets because they have a lot more clamping force, and will never loosen up or back out. My tower is also made of stainless tubing, so stainless screws have a hard time cutting their own threads. The rear support clevises for my bimini are mounted this way too, and have been there for 6 seasons.