Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (jfoushwake)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-29-2015, 7:11 AM Reply   
I have been working on this trick for a while now and need a couple of tips. I am really solid with both tantrums and backside 180's. I know I need to wait till I see the wake to spin and I know I need to over rotate the tantrum slightly, but for some reason I still end up sliding out or popping the handle.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-29-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
Are you trying to look back at the boat as you land? Don't if you are. You really need to peg the handle to the small of your back and spot your landing off the tail of your board looking away from the boat.

This is usually the problem when people are washing out the landings in my experience.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-01-2015, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you trying to look back at the boat as you land? Don't if you are.
This.

For anything I'm landing blind, as I approach, I draw an imaginary line extending from the wake to the shoreline......

Then for me its typical Tantrum approach with the mind set to take it straight up and down, I don't want to take it to the flats. Pop, tuck and wait until I'm about 80% down with the flip until I pull the handle to my back and turn my shoulders to start the rotation.

Upon landing, I try and find that spot on the shore that will be behind me and that helps from turning my head forward too quickly. I also try to make sure my weight gets over my knees/toes
Old     (conrmic)      Join Date: Jan 2015       05-13-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
I struggled with these for months and finally figured them out. What helps for me are 3 minor things.
1. Take a shorter cut than a usual wake jump and cut a little hard
2. When you cut out toeside, don't wait too long outside the wake. Like don't sit out there and think about it. Cut out, wait for the line tension, then cut in for the trick
3. On the landing and takeoff make sure youre pushing off your front foot as well. So if youre a goofy rider you want to push off with both legs on the takeoff and land with putting pressure on your left foot. Just dont be back foot heavy

Hope that helps you out
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-13-2015, 9:39 AM Reply   
Good tips. I might try the front foot thing a bit more. My common mistake on this trick is trying to do the back 180 too early. If I think about taking it straight up and down and really wait until the way down to throw the back 180, I either land it or come really close. If I throw the back 180 early, I slide out on my heels. When I'm really in the zone on this trick, I can spot the landing while upside down and then throw the back 180. That doesn't happen too often, but I think would be key to getting this trick consistent.