Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2014, 9:48 PM Reply   
Hello again,

I have been on her quite a bit asking about boats and what to get for a 5000lbs lift. So I was hoping for some guidance on what wake is better for wakeboarding the Supra SA or SC? I am also curious about the SG but I am sure it will be a huge boat that won't be going in my lift.
Old     (SCfan)      Join Date: Mar 2014       12-10-2014, 4:06 AM Reply   
Supra SG specs

Overall Length w/o Platform
23'8"
Overall Length w/ Platform
25' 8"
Overall Length w/ Platform & Trailer
28' 4"
Width (Beam)
102"
Overall Width w/ Trailer
106"
Draft
27"
Weight - Boat only
5,100 lbs
Weight - Boat and Trailer
6,700 lbs
Capacity - Passenger
Capacity - Weight
2,500 lbs
Capacity - Fuel
72 gals
Capacity - Ballast
3,200 lbs
Engines by Indmar
Raptor 400-SG400 Raptor 440-SG450 Raptor 575-SG550
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-10-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
Chances are by the time you get to actual lake weight on any of those boats they are going to be right at or exceed the capacity of your 5000 lb lift.

We had a 2014 Tige RZR last year on a 5000 lb lift. That is a 20 foot boat with a published "dry weight" of 3100 lbs. In actuality that boat weighed just less than 4000lbs full of gas on the lift. Its surprising how much lower the dry weights are than actual. Its not like a motorcycle or wheeler that dry weight is just without fluids. On a boat its without fluids and all options. From what I was explained its pretty much engine and interior. So by the time you add 50 gallons of fuel, tower, and all the other options/gear/stuff plan on adding 750-1000 lbs to the dry weight to get to what most call lake weight or lake form. The lightest weight for any of those boats is listed at 4300. Add a conservative 750 lbs to that and you've already exceeded the capacity of the list.

IMO any of those boats are going to exceed the 5000 lb point. It also depends on the type of lift. If its a 5000 lb cable lift no way. But if its a 5000 floater then some of those are underrated and can be reenforced to have more capacity.
Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2014, 1:31 PM Reply   
Right on thanks for the info. How do the wakes compare
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
As far as wake goes the SA and SC will be very similar. The have very similar running surfaces. I personally like the wakeboard wake on the SC. I think it has a little bit more lip than the SA and with the height of the boat, you are able to comfortably add more weight. Both boats are alot of fun and the wakes are very similar, but if I were to give the nod to one of them, it would be the SC. Just my 2 cents. ;-)
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-10-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
Yeah what Justin said on all points. I think the SA looks a bit more sexy on the water, but the SC is deeper. Just depends on your flavor, but wakes will be very similar.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       12-11-2014, 9:46 AM Reply   
I like my sa (its 4 sale cheap) and I've got the big bags in it,but both wakes very close.
Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-12-2014, 10:49 PM Reply   
What about the moomba boats I understand its a price point boat compared to the supra but how does the wake and surf wave compare
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       12-14-2014, 4:48 PM Reply   
I'd vote SC for wake quality. I've ridden a demo on an SC and my friend has an SA. The SC wake felt better to me. I'm usually a Malibu guy for reference.