Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-15-2013, 10:11 PM Reply   
Awesome boat. I have an 03 and love it! Sac it out right (easy to do) and you won't find a better wake...okay, that's a biased statement, but it is really nice. Only downside from my point of view is storage. If you want to sac it out right, you lose most of your storage. But we usually go out with 8 people and we seem to make it work just fine.
Old     (Sp8race1010)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Awesome boat. I have an 03 and love it! Sac it out right (easy to do) and you won't find a better wake...okay, that's a biased statement, but it is really nice. Only downside from my point of view is storage. If you want to sac it out right, you lose most of your storage. But we usually go out with 8 people and we seem to make it work just fine.
man I have an red and white 02 SSV and love it! still has factory ballast bags as far as I know but I am getting ready to upgrade for huge wake and mega surf riding. any pointers on weight placement and sac sizes?
also upgrading stereo and wrapping over winter. Any of you guys ever wrap or upgraded sound?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2013, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp8race1010 View Post
man I have an red and white 02 SSV and love it! still has factory ballast bags as far as I know but I am getting ready to upgrade for huge wake and mega surf riding. any pointers on weight placement and sac sizes?
also upgrading stereo and wrapping over winter. Any of you guys ever wrap or upgraded sound?
Hey Andy, I just upgraded everything from the stock ballast to the gravity games. Stock I believe was 400 up front and 250s in the rear lockers I think. The GG is 1100 in the front center and 565s in each rear locker. All full, wakeplate in the middle, about 22mph....good to go. Sometimes if just my buddy and I we will throw another 680 right in the middle of the floor.

For surf, we ride center sac about 3/4 full. surf side full (565) and then we throw the addl 680 on surf side but toward the front. So if its goofy side we snug it as close to the captains chair. If Regular, we put it on the seat almost all the way forard to the main storage compartment. wakeplate all the way up. and anywhere between 10.3 and 11.5 depending on which side (I think goofy side rides better at faster speed for some reason). and also into the wind or against the wind will adjust speed too.

Great wakes for both...