Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (StarLake)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-12-2013, 8:04 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Model G vs. Byerly Revival vs. Liquid Force Mod

I had a LF Impulse, but it started splitting pretty bad after 3 months and need something more durable

Its mostly W2W riding

Comments?Ideas?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2013, 10:27 PM Reply   
Integrity/Mutiny make the most durable skate and it rides incredible. www.integrity-wake.com

Out of the three you listed, the Mod is the best shape. But as a lot of wakeskaters will agree, they just dont ride as well as wood skates. And the shapes arent that great.

Integrity/Mutiny uses a wood core to give it a lively feel, but it is in a fiberglass composite sandwich with urethane rails so it is super tough. The foam is even closed cell foam, so if you drill a hole in it, it wont absorb water.

I rode integrity skates for years and they are incredible. Now I'm riding a Remote which is full wood.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-15-2013, 3:28 PM Reply   
Integrity, LF Tao, Remote.
Old     (StarLake)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-19-2013, 7:58 PM Reply   
Can I buy the Integrity skates anywhere other than the Integrity website? Also, what size should I get?- Im 151 lbs and 6 feet 1 inch, mainly boat riding
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2013, 9:46 PM Reply   
The liquid playground in San Jose, CA is the only Integrity dealer, but I think they don't have any stock right now. So you would have to order direct. Sometimes there are used ones on wakeskating.com

The 39 or 40 would be good
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-21-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
I love the Model G