Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
Have you thought about asking people for their videos versus stealing them? It may be legal because it is community property on the internet but they work hard. Maybe just asking permission would be good
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-22-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
What are you talking about? Are you talking about all those videos on Vimeo and YouTube that encourage anyone on the Internet to embed them? The same ones that have settings that allow the owner to remove the ability for other websites to embed them if they don't want them embedded elsewhere? Is that what you call "stealing?"
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Yeah since you know what I am talking about you obviously have been asked. It's a shame that people will have to lock it down to keep you from profiting from their work, but I am pretty sure that's the direction he's heading.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
Usually just asking ahead of time would make people happy
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-22-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
Perhaps you should take a course in Internet 101 before you go calling people out in public. Here' s a quick rundown on how it works. If I create a video and I want people to see it, I put it up on YouTube or Vimeo and allow other sites to link to it or embed it in hopes of it getting picked up and my video getting lots of views. In the process my name and/or company gains exposure and my website or YouTube/Vimeo page gets subscribers and the next time I post a video my popularity increases even more. I have gotten tons of thank you emails from people whose videos we've picked up and it's provided them exposure and opportunities for which they are very appreciative. They also thank me for including a link to their website in the text that goes along with the video and the resulting traffic increase they enjoy.

Now, if I create a video that I do not want shared or embedded because I either want to keep it private for my own website or I would like to sell it to a website rather than share it for free, I upload it to YouTube/Vimeo and invest 2.4 seconds to click the make private check box or specify the domain(s) on which I want to allow it to be embedded. If I want to get really crazy and only show it to a select few people, I put a password on it.

Shredtown.com is a good example of an organization that likes to only run their videos on their website. Therefore, they follow the above procedure and we are not able to embed their videos. Chad Sharpe at FunWhenWet.com is another good example. However, he occasionally does want to get some extra exposure for some of his videos and he realizes that when we embed one of his videos, it greatly increases the traffic to his website, so he will let some videos be embedded and some he keeps for himself.

Embedding/Sharing is a great way to for people who make videos to get exposure and that's why YouTube/Vimeo are setup like this. It's really a great system. I'm sorry that you're upset because somebody you know hasn't figured out how to use the tools properly, but I'd be happy to remove their video if they did not want us to run it. However, I'm not going to punish the 99% of people who do know how to use it properly because of the 1% that don't.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Well maybe people are telling two different stories if they are emailing you and thanking you then complaining in another conversation. Who knows
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-22-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Why would anyone complain? I've never gotten anything but thank yous. Either you make your video public because you want exposure or you make it private because you want it to be private. What could be simpler?

Please let me know which video you're talking about and I will remove it and be sure to never run a video from that person ever again whether or not they eventually learn how to use the privacy settings on Vimeo/YouTube.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
I could be totally wrong
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-26-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
wow
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-05-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah i read this post back when it was new and never saw anything more of it. I guess smacked down?
Old    welcome            07-27-2010, 1:58 AM Reply   
Aunt, help me! "yesterday, lying in Christian Louboutin Sale a public hospital Christian Louboutin in the town qingbai Jiang qingquan first in-patient Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes departments of a little boy, because" overwhelmed "Pant cries. Little boy Christian Louboutin Shoes named Lee (who), said the vast Grandma, 5-year-old Ghd before the vast size and ordinary kids, but as Ghd Straighteners he grew older, his weight gradually Ghd Hair Straightener emerged "explosive growth". Now, a 13-year-old Li Hao, height 1.4 m, weight more Ghd Hair Straighteners already reached 240 kg.
Fat too thick blood transfusion is not found
Ghd Straighteners Ireland Yesterday morning,
buy christian louboutin
christian louboutin glitter
discount louboutin
Christopher Walken
Ben Affleck
Hilary Duff
Haylie Duff
Lindsay Lohan
Meg Ryan
Paula Patton