Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-23-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hey all, there seems to be one of these types of threads that pop up quite often. So here's mine!

I have a Tige 21V that treated me well for one season and now I find myself wanting something else. This boat was neglected when I purchased it and I have nursed it back to pretty decent condition. Not much in the way of "fun work" or cosmetic, taking care of maintenence and fixing a lot of the little things. I find myself now wanting a boat that is mint from the begenning versus doing all this work to it.

I have been eyeing a lot of different boats (used), x-stars, supra 22ssv, supra 21v, malibu vlx, malibu lsv, A22. For me it would really come down to color combo, I am big on simple and clean looking boats. I always thought the A 20 would be too small for my liking as it is smaller than what I currently have. I rarely ride with more than 3 people total at once, unless they bring their significant others along. The one time that my boat really see's much in the way of being "crowded" is when my brother and his fam come down (maybe twice a summer), so 4 adults and 2 kids.

I just had this realization with the A20 after looking at the garage spec's on their website, I could put this boat in my 24' deep garage straight (I angle my current boat and take up both stalls) with the platform on!!! This would be a MAJOR convenience!! It looks like the A22 would maybe be a few inches too long to accomplish the same thing. Not to mention a lot of the boats above would require me to raise my header on my garage (currently 7 foot tall).

Let me know your thoughts if you have been through something similar... happy? unhappy? did you go back to a bigger boat? Is the garage convenience worth it?