Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wakeshark)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-10-2015, 2:53 AM Reply   
Hi all

I'm just wondering how easy is it to go from spinning bs to fs or more of interest really is what are the main differences in technique between the 2 (apart from the obvious spinning a different direction).

I have been practicing bs 180's for a while and have been getting really consistent with them single wake and I have landed a few wake to wake. Getting a bit tired of just doing the same I thought why not just add another 180 on to the end of it for a bs 360 spin. I managed to land a single wake one last weekend after only a handful of attempts which got me very excited as that damn handle pass has taken me forever to get when doing the 180s. (PS my hint to add to the many already out there about bs 180s is to stay tall keeping the shoulders and head up, every time I do this I seem to land it, when I crouch or lean forward I tend to overcompensate for this when landing and slip out on the heels)

I have read loads of the 360 posts on here and the vast majority seem to say start with a fs 360 so the question is should I go back to that or just continue with my bs 360? Or should I just go for both at the same time as the technique is similar?
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-10-2015, 4:40 AM Reply   
If you can do BS 1's the BS 3 is incredibly easy. Just start your spin a little bit earlier than you would for the 1 and it should come right around.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-10-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
A friend of mine learned BS 3s before FS 3s and still prefers them. Agreed if you can do BS 180s, take it to 360. You'll have it in no time, the handle pass is the hard part.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2015, 7:28 AM Reply   
Frontside 3 is easier for me. The BS 3 allows for a smaller margin of error, while the front 3 can be landed even if you miss the pop a little or spin a little early.
Old     (wakeshark)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-10-2015, 12:27 PM Reply   
Ok in theory I would like to do both and I'm on my way to doing the bs 3 so is their anything different I should do when I go for the f's 3?
Old     (TRobb)      Join Date: Jan 2015       06-10-2015, 5:56 PM Reply   
I find it tougher to stay on axis BS, especially going to 5's and 7's. I offset that by looking straight at the horizon as I'm spinning to keep me on axis. I also find I need to "throw" the FS spins more as I tend to take an aggressive cut and start my spins a little earlier.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-11-2015, 4:48 AM Reply   
I'm opposite ^. I tend to throw my backside spins earlier and pop and wait on FS spins so I don't go off axis and land on my face..
Old     (countyroads304)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-15-2015, 9:39 PM Reply   
I also learned BS 3's before FS because once I had a solid backside 1 finishing is just a slight more spin. But the key for me was grabbing the handle with the trailing hand. Commit to reaching for it and you'll end up full spin no problem.

The front side is all about leading with your eyes/head. Try to get the chin over the shoulder and looking at the boat again and that's where you'll end up.
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by countyroads304 View Post
The front side is all about leading with your eyes/head. Try to get the chin over the shoulder and looking at the boat again and that's where you'll end up.
Learning this the hard way right now. Surface spin 3's I'm good. One wake hs fs 3 getting about 270 on the rotation and wrecking myself. I watched the videos and I'm not turning my head and finishing the spin but I am getting the handle pass. Going back to surface and ollie 3s to train myself to keep looking all the way around through the spin....at least I hope I do. Need to minimize those edges cause they SUCK