Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
I need help finding a new board. I really have no idea where to start. I am 160 pounds 6ft tall. I have been boarding for a long time but I really have no idea what size i should get. I was thinking of a 160 or so. I also have sz 13 feet so I need a board on the wider side. I live in minnesota so there is lots of ice. I need something that I can take in the park shred groomers but will also float on the powder when I go to colorado. What do you guys think would be a good all around board? I was looking at the Burton customs mainly because I like the way they look. I am open to any other suggestions though. Thank you
Old     (RanceOU)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
The Forum Seeker is my go to board. The size will depend more on your riding style, a longer directional board will be a bit better in powder but a shorter board will be easier to spin and flip with. If your going to be riding rails you also have to take flex into consideration. I would go with a 158 if park is where you will spend most of your time, and almost all brands offer models in wide widths. I just made the transition from west snow to east ice and my board takes the ice just fine. I know most of the board company sites have size charts to help you out; some even factor riding style into the equation.

Last edited by RanceOU; 08-05-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-16-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
156-158 range is going to be good for you. If you look into reverse camber boards you will get the best of both worlds. It will help you in the park and when you head out west you can set your bindings back and the reverse camber will help you float through that pow.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-20-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Im in minnesota as well. I just picked up a new K2 Turbo Dream. I got a 164W. Im 6'4" and about 190 lbs. I got a size 11.5 foot to so this board should be great for me. I was riding a 158 and it was great but to small and had to work my hardest at setting up my stance to cut down on toe drag. I got my new board at Eriks, They just had their warehouse sale. The prices were pretty good. So maybe give them a check. They sell a lot of Ride boards. Def check out the new reverse camber boards. Good for ease of turning and butters as well as floating in the pow. Maybe check out K2 WWW or else a Ride DH. Both good park boards and will work in the pow.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-21-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
Rome Agent Wide - 158cm
Rome Machine - 157cm
check 'em out & let me know if you are interested.