Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-21-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
yesterday i demoed the LF Fish and PS3, i have new LF boots so i've really been wanted a new LF board to match. i currently ride an 03 hyperlite premier and like it alot but the Fish is a board i always wanted to try and i like the looks of the ps3 and a lot of my friends ride it and love it. i figured i would like the ps3 since the shape was similar to my premier.

ok first off i'm an intermediate rider at best.

so first i give the fish a ride. i rode it finless, it was very loose and carved well, kinda gave me thta snowboard feel a bit. felt really small on the water looking down at it. the boad was really fun i really like the feel, this was the first contius board i rode in a while so i wasn't sure how i would like it. but it had good pop, deffinitely not as much as my premier but better than i thought. overall i really liked the board and would like to spend some more time behind it and i will put it in my list of possibilities.

Next i rode the PS3, i was ready to fall in love with this board, i love the colors and the shape and it's a 3 stage so more what i'm use to. i was ready to fall in love but it didn't happen:-( the board cut good and was great riding around on the water but i just couldnt not get the pop that i thought i would. i felt retarded riding it like i was doing something wrong. i know people that ride this board and go huge on it, so i don't know what my deal was, it felt really kinda soft and mushy to me. i wanna give the board another chance maybe i was having a bad day. i got the fish to pop much higher, whcih didn't make sense to me? anyone else feel this way about the ps3?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
you couldn't pop a PS3, might need to work on your edging technique. I am trying to get the board to pop a little less, my knees are hating me
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
make sure you edge all the way through the wake and then you should get the pop
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-22-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
if you want pop.....GET THE WATSON!
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-22-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
try the shane board, plus u love the guy...
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
What size Fish did you demo?