Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old    ScottRobinson            09-02-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hey guys, 35 year old starting to think about CO in the winter. Never been out there and all my buddies don't ski or snowboard. I am wondering if there is anyone else out there that is in my "boat" so to speak. I have 4 kids and wifey that just don't want to go either. So thinking of a 3 day type quick trip maybe 4 somewhere out in CO to ski. Are there any other people in the same situation for the winter that maybe want to get together and do a trip from WW?

Thanks
Scott
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-06-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
Check this meetup site out...

http://www.meetup.com/snowboarders/
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-16-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Depending on the days you come out I can hook you up with some people from my crew that live up in summit county or possibly ride with you myself.
Old    ScottRobinson            09-20-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Bruizza, What mountain are you on? Where do you ride most?
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-27-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
same situation but just hurt my ACL so I'm out for awhile. Maybe I'll check this thread come Feb.

Back in college we stayed in breckenridge, but also rode at Copper, Keystone, and A-basin. Great place and so nice to hit different types of resorts. Good on prices. Sleeping at 10,000ft got headaches sometimes. Daytrips to the other mountains was great.

Keystone we had powder in the trees
Copper was very family good and nice all around
Breckenridge was giant and had all terrain for everyone
A-basin is not for noobies and we got our extreme skiing on there (my fav, but just expert ski/boarders), the girls went shopping that day (no resort or nightlife at A-basin).

Great area and I checked airfare to Denver mid-Jan for a long weekend and it was dirt cheap like $238 RT from Ohio. Resorts are about 1.5hr drive from what I remember.
Old    ScottRobinson            12-07-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Joe,

Well can't get a crew together so most likely off this year unless I find some. Wife and I decided to stay closer and ski. Driving to Granite Peak in Wisconsin instead of me heading the CO. Sucks but at least I get to be on a "mtn" now a hill ... oh well. Never snowboarded just skied so will try to snowboard there.