Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-07-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Going here in September. Anybody been here and have any information about where to go to ride?
Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-07-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
Where are you coming in from? I live in Little Rock and keep my boat in Hot Springs. Lake Hamilton is a nice lake, but connected to it is Lake Ouchita. I drive past Lake Hamilton an extra 10 miles every weekend to Lake Ouchita because I believe it is that much better. It is a corp of engineer lake, so no building on the lake. It is enormous with tons of islands for camping or hanging out, and a lot of coves for wakeboarding. Lake Hamilton is great if you are staying on the lake and have your boat docked there. They have a lot of restaurants and tons to do, but if you want to get away, you have to try Lake Ouchita once. I will be happy to give you more info if you contact me. We are out there almost every weekend. Enjoy!
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
Why Hamilton? The one time we vacationed there we rented a privet house across the forestry land, I do have to say mornings and evenings were great but anything between 9am and 6pm the water was trash. If you're head'n there in Sept it should be much better than mid July when we were there.
We boated, wakeboarded and early early barefoot runs mostly north, between the 70 and 270 bridges and up towards the Ouachita dam.
Ditto for what Glenn stated, Ouachita best lake in Arkansas and top ten in the nation
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hamilton for partying / Ouachita for boarding!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-10-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Check the thread over at Bu crew. We listed some good places for both Hamilton and Ouchita

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/..._fromsearch__1
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Thanks all for the suggestions. Ouachita was definitely my first choice, but we are going with some folks that are not as into the riding side of things. So I'm trying to make the best out of Lake Hamilton! I appreciate the help.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-12-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
You dont have to try hard to make the best out of Hamilton. I choose Hamilton over Ouchita every single weekend. But I dont mind getting up early to ride then spending the rest of the day partying.
Old     (glenc)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
I will be in Hot Springs July 26-31 on vacation. I am bringing my board and hopeing to get a pull or two in. Does anybody know a place that rents wakeboard boats or somebody that would be willing to give me a pull?
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-12-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
we went to hamilton on 4th july week. its a great lake but way to busy to do any riding unless its super early in the morning. lake ouchita was awesome!! we went there 3 of our 4 days in hot springs. the lake is humongous! we only saw a handful of boats anywhere near us all day long.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-12-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Thats pretty much the one weekend I cant be there or Id def give you a pull. Ill see who all is going to be down there that weekend.
Old     (glenc)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
Thanks I have gas and beer money. Really looking forward to meeting some new people and checking out some new lakes. I would be happy to reciprocate for anybody that is in the Phoenix area anytime.