Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-19-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
A little birthday lake fun. A day of lots of firsts and my wife and I didn't have our normal boards today as they were damaged a few weeks ago and aren't back yet so we rode an old board. We bought a skim board to try out for the first time that's in the video.

First time using a GoPro (and on a pole)
First time making a video montage (Only spent about 5min putting this together)
Second day out on the Skim board for us trying to figure that out. Quite a bit different than the surf boards
First time riding Goofy for me today but rode Port normal, port switch, goofy and goofy switch. Learning how to ride goofy was starting all over again. Now I know how the first timers feel on our boat again It was fun though
First time surfing for our friend Amanda (wireless too)
First time surfing for our friend Mike on his new board

Video below:

http://youtu.be/D9L9-7hW_bc
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2014, 7:43 PM Reply   
Looking good, especially for only to days on a skimmer. That's a pretty big change.
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-19-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
Nice vid and beautiful family...I'm partial to the asian mixed kids myself (I'm Viet and my wife is a blondie)
You have that wave dialed in nice!
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-20-2014, 6:01 AM Reply   
Great family time... What software did yall use for the edit?.. thanxs......
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-20-2014, 8:25 AM Reply   
Who's the music by?
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-20-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrie141 View Post
Looking good, especially for only to days on a skimmer. That's a pretty big change.
Thanks and yes going to skim is a huge difference!

I used iMovie, music is Cody Simpson, and thanks iamcdn
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
Looking good! Nice wave.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-20-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
Couple thoughts.....

1. You have that X30 wave dialed on both sides, I was impressed

2. Loved the song. Never heard it and downloaded it already

3. Overall a cool, fun video.

4. Not to be a downer but it is illegal to have your little one not in a life jacket while the boat is underway. Yes, I know it is a pain to deal with (I've had 2 that literally grew up on the boat), but just think: If you happen to hit something and everyone goes flying, it won't be good

/ rant
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-20-2014, 2:50 PM Reply   
Our little ones are in life jackets pretty much 99% of the time while under way. This was a small clip of about 5 hours on the water
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-24-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
Nice vid. Congrats on the family life. We loved ours, sons grown up now but soak it all in man, goes by fast. (put over 2800hrs family time on our three boats) Enjoy the ride.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
Awesome video. Looks like a great time. I have to give you props for being able to ride regular and goofy and for the progress you've made in two days riding skim style. I just started riding skim style this season and it's interesting and fun, but definitely has a learning curve to it. I also tried goofy for the first time this weekend thanks to our new surf system that we can switch in a few seconds between sets. It is definitely more challenging than it looks if you're used to riding regular. It is like learning to wakesurf all over again. I know it's mostly mental, but it is a challenge. Great video, great job.
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-25-2014, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
Awesome video. Looks like a great time. I have to give you props for being able to ride regular and goofy and for the progress you've made in two days riding skim style. I just started riding skim style this season and it's interesting and fun, but definitely has a learning curve to it. I also tried goofy for the first time this weekend thanks to our new surf system that we can switch in a few seconds between sets. It is definitely more challenging than it looks if you're used to riding regular. It is like learning to wakesurf all over again. I know it's mostly mental, but it is a challenge. Great video, great job.
Thanks. Riding goofy or visa versa if you're the opposite is definitely hard and you're exactly right it is learning all over again. It's a fun challenge though.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-26-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
sweet vid. looked like a fun day. wave looks great
Old     (fastlanephx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-26-2014, 2:50 PM Reply   
is that lake pleasant?
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-26-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
Yes sir
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-17-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Another little vid from last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgUJ...M7q-zlv1FDGluw