Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-21-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, after only a short 2-3 years of ownership, I'm forced to sell her (despite how much I love her), due to budgetary reasons... And only after one short summer having my WetSounds tower speakers-and for that matter, the entire surround sound all hooked up and dialed in.

I need help pricing the boat. It'll be for sale in Southern California, and I think the best time to put it on the market would be January/February-ish (right before Spring/Summer boating season when everyone is looking to buy).

So, first and foremost, would I get more money parting out the audio system and selling the boat separately? Or should I try to sell it as a package and hope someone wants to buy a perfectly dialed in boat with system?

I'll describe all the parts of the system real soon-just have to refresh my memory by looking around for some product info. 4 WetSounds tower Rev8's, WetSounds equalizer, 3 blue-top Optima batteries purchased within the last year, Alpine head unit with Pandora and iPod interface...

Anyhow, the boat is a 2007 Sanger v215 with the Black Scorpion engine. Less than 200 hours on it, and 100% mechanically sound (per boat dealer, not just a mechanic-have the docs to back it up), orange and black exterior, light gray interior, very well cared for, was outdoor storage for some time but has been indoor stored in gigantic warehouse for the last 6 months... Paint is in good condition now, but will be in GREAT condition after I get it detailed right before I put it on the market. Few scratches, only one small (3 inch) tear in the fabric on the transom, Perfect Pass, bimini top... Only ever used in freshwater.. I could go on.

I'm mostly looking to walk away just paying off the boat and MAYBE get a bit more to pay for the recently purchased audio system, but like I said, I'm open to your thoughts in parting out the audio or leaving it on the boat.

So... With the information you have thusfar, what would YOU price it at (in the location it's in)?! Also, what more info would you need to further price it? I'll provide pics soon too...

Last edited by k59; 11-21-2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Add one more thing
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-22-2013, 5:02 AM Reply   
Take it from someone who just sold a boat with a huge jl system, buyers look at it as a bonus and won't pay for it. Then when u offer to remove they don't want to do that either. Save some trouble and remove it, I wish I had
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-22-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
Maybe pull the tower speakers and amps. Used batteries really aren't worth much. Plan to get 1/2-2/3rds value for the used stereo stuff tops. I'd leave it in personally, thats a pretty common set up now a days..not really what I would call huge. Use it for negotiation.

3 adds for 2007 V215's all in California and all for $34,999. So that is what i would say your boat is worth.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-22-2013, 6:35 AM Reply   
I'd guess $30k ish +/-. I concur, pull as much of the stereo as you can and sell it on the side.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-22-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
I looked for a 2007 V215 for quite a while and there is a pretty drastic range in pricing on 2007', and they were quite a bit lower 3 years ago. but If its really clean, in the right colors, with low hours they seem to be in the $30,000 to $33,000. Asking price is mostly in that $34,000 range. I am sure there are some deals below these numbers, but I couldn't find one that was the condition of boat I was looking to get.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
What was the name of that funny thread where the guy was trying to buy a Sanger for super-cheap from the guy with no keys!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-22-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
Of course I am biased (V210), but after reading this thread it struck me what a great quality boat & wake you can pick up for a still reasonable price ($30-34k) compared to the $80k+ prices for new boats these days.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-22-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
There aren't a ton of '07 215V's for sale...but probably not a ton of people looking for these specific boats vs. just a wakeboat in general. Only Inboards and Boattrader have '07's listed from 29-35k.

IMO, get the boat detailed, scratches buffed out and the tear in the vinyl repaired (repair may not look perfect, but is cheap to have done and being repaired will make a noticeable difference come selling time).

Price, if you get it very presentable and good to go (and listed well - proper pictures, thorough descriptions, detailed list of mods, etc), list the boat at $34,900 and take anything over 30k.
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-24-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
Awesome advice. I've always looked to this website as my sole go-to resource for great advice, great posts, and great personalities (not to mention the pics/videos!). Will post the boat pics and get the info (..aaaagain) shortly!