Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-28-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
I am looking for an air valve but don't know what it's called, or if it exists. I want to air up a bladder by opening the valve (attached to my air compressor), stop the air flow when it is as full as I want, and then drain the air out using the same valve. I'm thinking some sort of a ball valve. One that is easily actuated.

Anybody know of such a thing?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
Where is it to be installed? We need a little more information at what the goal is. That sounds like a check valve that are stock on any tube you pull behind the boat or any inflatable you would put in a pool.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-29-2014, 7:18 PM Reply   
Nothing boat related. This is more light duty construction related. I want to fill a bladder with air for light duty (100-200 lbs) lifting, then dump the air to deflate the bladder. I need to be able to do this easily without bending over or using any other tools to deflate. I think a valve used to drain compressors would work, coupled to a ball valve, but I am wondering if there is some sort of valve that would fill, then deflate.

Thanks for any input.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
If you had a Tee with two ball valves than you could turn off inlet air and open for vent and vise versa on the fill. There is a good chance something existing already but I a tee and two ball valves is cheap, easy and fast
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-30-2014, 12:21 PM Reply   
sounds like some braided hose and valves will do what you need
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-01-2014, 5:24 AM Reply   
I didn't think of a T and 2 valves. I was thinking a T and a blow off valve with a manual pull ring like the ones on an air compressor. Two ball valves will be much cheaper.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
3 way ball valve