Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
IMO legalize all drugs and tax them according with the social harm they do. Control them just like cigarettes and alcohol, with age limit and education. The only reason someone smokes crack is because it is the best option they have, there are far less harmful drugs which give the user a better experience but they are not available. If these drugs were run through the FDA and sold commercially the social harm of users physical and mental health and the reduction in crime/prison population would be massive.

Also from a moral point of view I just don't see the collective have the right to outlaw what an individual chooses to put in their body, especially if they can produce it themselves.

Politicians have no vision IMO, Maybe I am too libertarian for my own good.
Actually one of the biggest most abused drugs right now is pain pills that are sold with a prescription. People are calling for the crack down on that as well.

I don't buy the crack argument. People get them because that is all they can afford without a job. They don't have a job because they are on crack. It is a viscous circle. The people who are making money on this stuff are not going to go down and get a business license and have their accountant pay the taxes for them. These are people who are in gangs, that get the goods, dice it up or recook it to make maximum money selling these things on the street for as much as they can get for it.

You should check out a series called Drug Inc. Pretty interesting documentry show that follows drug dealers at various levels working from American streets to beaches in Brazil.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Again. You're just blowing smoke. Of course your guy goes to buy it from a dealer. Because it is illegal back east.

Do you know who James O'keefe is? I said it in the other thread. Google him and learn about him and his videos before you put your word on the line posting a video of his for truth.
Sounds like O'keefe is right.

Undercover video has Dem operative fired, another resigns

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/10...iffin-lead.cnn
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-19-2016, 3:12 PM Reply   
OBAMA SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER REQUIRING LOSER OF PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION TO LEAVE COUNTRY:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...-leave-country
(yes it is in humor section)

It'd be great if the loser could be banned from ever making tv appearances for life so that we never have to hear him speak again.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2016, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Not absolute causation however with that stat
True but 46% of the prison population is for drug offenses. I don't think that includes violent crime related to the production and distribution of drugs. Next biggest group is weapons related @ 16%, then nothing else above 10%

Quote:
...everyone knows it is illegal yet they still want to do them? The drugs were not legal before 1980 as well. Besides the fact that you are saying the since 1980 that the powers at be decided to enforce the law, can you explain why people are so dead set on going to prison?
I guess if your currently reality is grim you look for alternatives. Druggies tend to be poorly educated, have terrible risk assessment skills and generally have such a low quality of life that they think things can't really get any worse.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2016, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
The people who are making money on this stuff are not going to go down and get a business license and have their accountant pay the taxes for them. These are people who are in gangs, that get the goods, dice it up or recook it to make maximum money selling these things on the street for as much as they can get for it.
You mean like the bootleggers during the prohibition days? How has that shaken out, alcohol industry seems to be doing just fine and backstreet production is zero these days.

Quote:
You should check out a series called Drug Inc. Pretty interesting documentry show that follows drug dealers at various levels working from American streets to beaches in Brazil.
I will, I love a good doco, ta.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
True but 46% of the prison population is for drug offenses. I don't think that includes violent crime related to the production and distribution of drugs. Next biggest group is weapons related @ 16%, then nothing else above 10%

I guess if your currently reality is grim you look for alternatives. Druggies tend to be poorly educated, have terrible risk assessment skills and generally have such a low quality of life that they think things can't really get any worse.

Only thing I can point to is extra money in the economy to purchase said drugs and the break down in the family. Now drugs is not just a black issue so bare with me, however it is the stats that I have been looking at the most lately. 75% of black kids do not have fathers in the home. 50% of all murders are performed by 13% of the population. 93% of all black murders are performed by other black people. I would not be surprised to find out that most of the prison population that you are pointing out are black people as well.

I am not trying to say that black people are the problem. I am trying to say when you destroy the family unit in mass within a community, this is the type of thing that happens. Simple lessons on how to conduct ones self is lost. Messages from the working parent/ parents to the children on what it is like it college and in the work place are lost. Why would I want my children to start where I had to start? I want my kids to understand the lessons that I had to wait until I was 40 to learn while they are teens. Destroyed families do not get the inherent turn over of proper societal values.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
You mean like the bootleggers during the prohibition days? How has that shaken out, alcohol industry seems to be doing just fine and backstreet production is zero these days.

I will, I love a good doco, ta.
I can pretty much have wine on the weekend and decide to not need it the rest of the week and it burns out of the system at the rate of roughly 1.5 oz of whiskey per hour. I may want to fight a person or two when I was younger if I had too much but I am pretty sure I was not throwing myself off buildings or jumping off of cars in the middle of the street. I think you can absolutely make the case that alcohol has destroyed many households and killed many innocent people with DWI's. Why would you want to make the case for unleashing more of this behavior legally on society?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-19-2016, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds like O'keefe is right.

Undercover video has Dem operative fired, another resigns

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/10...iffin-lead.cnn
Again, you clearly don't know who he is. These were the exact reactions to his last video that went viral. People were fired and raked through the coals. Shortly after the reaction, people studied the video and realized it was edited to portray something that was the absolute opposite of what was going on. O'Keefe had to pay the guy $100,000 and he's been arrested for other bullsh*t too. I know you love tinfoil stuff so this is right up your alley, but I wouldn't hitch my wagon to this guy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2016, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would not be surprised to find out that most of the prison population that you are pointing out are black people as well.
Would you be surprised to learn its not? Unfortunately I can't find crime by race stats but total race stats are 59% of pop is white, 38% black. So if you take in to consideration that 47% of all crime is drug related then there must be quite a few white druggie drop kicks too.
Also keep in mind the "rich" dude doing blow or middle class guy at the pill mill very seldom get arrested for anything drug related.

Quote:
I am not trying to say that black people are the problem.
Yes, you kinda are.

Quote:
I am trying to say when you destroy the family unit in mass within a community, this is the type of thing that happens.
This I 100% agree on. I don't see how criminalizing drug users is helping stabilizing the family unit tho. If we truley recognise that the protection of the family unit is valuable for all society then lets put some education strategies in place to help this rather than just punish people who can't hold it together.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2016, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why would you want to make the case for unleashing more of this behavior legally on society?
Because prohibition doesn't work. Because there are drugs which cause far less harm than alcohol. Because currently all illegal drug harm doesn't have a tax stream to offset the cost to society. Because unregulated drug production and distribution causes crime. Because you could half the prison population with a different drug policy. Because unregulated drug production has zero quality control and exposes uses to risk they have no tools to measure. Because you have no moral authority to tell someone what they can and cannot consume.

So In summary, because we have no right too and because the social harm would be less to legalize it.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Would you be surprised to learn its not? Unfortunately I can't find crime by race stats but total race stats are 59% of pop is white, 38% black. So if you take in to consideration that 47% of all crime is drug related then there must be quite a few white druggie drop kicks too.
Also keep in mind the "rich" dude doing blow or middle class guy at the pill mill very seldom get arrested for anything drug related.

Yes, you kinda are.

This I 100% agree on. I don't see how criminalizing drug users is helping stabilizing the family unit tho. If we truley recognise that the protection of the family unit is valuable for all society then lets put some education strategies in place to help this rather than just punish people who can't hold it together.
No. I am not. It is statistically a group of people that are having issues that their are relatively clear stats on. It is a good talking point and nothing more. I know that rich white guy or soccer mom does not get thrown in jail/ caught for this. That can be a another topic.

I think that criminalization is still needed, however I think the previous discussion about how to deal with the person is a better conversation. Instead of locking them up with like minded criminals, they should be learning a skill and put to work. We keep complaining about infastructure? This can be a good fix. I know there are slippery slope arguments but you can kill two birds with one stone. Training and getting things done.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-19-2016, 3:55 PM Reply   
New strategy for today's debate

Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because prohibition doesn't work. Because there are drugs which cause far less harm than alcohol. Because currently all illegal drug harm doesn't have a tax stream to offset the cost to society. Because unregulated drug production and distribution causes crime. Because you could half the prison population with a different drug policy. Because unregulated drug production has zero quality control and exposes uses to risk they have no tools to measure. Because you have no moral authority to tell someone what they can and cannot consume.

So In summary, because we have no right too and because the social harm would be less to legalize it.
Well someone in society absolutely thinks they have the moral authority to tell someone what they can consume if what they consume is going to have endanger society. Heck, we got seat belt laws and helmet laws because the cost to society argument. They do it all the time.

How much did the cigarette company's pay in fines for their addictive product? I wonder how much it is going to cost when people sue in the next few decades when they find out that they were addicted to such and such drug by the state?

Crime is a label if you listen to relatively minded people. Changing the label on drug use is not going to change the effects of it. People are not going to jail for using. They are going to jail for drug running, gang banging and manufacturing. Most of the people who are caught doing this are the small time guys because most of the big operations are off shore. I don't think these small time guys are going to change their business model because the government is now the biggest drug dealer. Pain pills are legal to sell. Taxed and well regulated and their is still a huge market for illegal pain pills.

Only the big fish are going to be able to get the proper license to sell and manufacture.

I think the answer may be somewhere in between but you are not going to get rid of illegal drug trade just because the government is in on it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
Again when prohibition finished we did get ride of 99% of all crime associated with bootlegging.

Anyway, I understand my position on drugs is not mainstream, I am open to the possibilityof being wrong.

We have covered a lot of ground in this thread, it had been good
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2016, 4:21 PM Reply   
Good point about seatbelts and helmets too
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2016, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Again when prohibition finished we did get ride of 99% of all crime associated with bootlegging.

Anyway, I understand my position on drugs is not mainstream, I am open to the possibilityof being wrong.

We have covered a lot of ground in this thread, it had been good
I don't discount your view. I think there is in an in between.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-19-2016, 8:42 PM Reply   
Trump won the debate!!! Oh wait. Is that too soon?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2016, 8:46 PM Reply   
Let's just say this was the MOST presidential TRUMP looked to date. I liked that he didn't intrup the beast every 5 seconds and he wated his turn. And he only did 1/2 a line of coke b4 the debate
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2016, 8:57 PM Reply   
I'm not a puppet. I'm not a puppet. You're the puppet. You're the puppet.

Had to replay that third grade comeback a couple of times!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-19-2016, 10:14 PM Reply   
3rd grade is kind of a stretch - that was straight kindergarten level lol... and he was doing so well almost being an adult for 20 minutes!

Glad this farce is coming to a close soon. Will be interested to see how badly he gets blown out statewise and how he **** all over democracy crying about it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-19-2016, 11:30 PM Reply   
Letter from outgoing GHW Bush to incoming Bill Clinton. Trump and his lack of class could learn a thing or two about respecting democracy and peaceful transition of power.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2016, 12:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
And he only did 1/2 a line of coke b4 the debate
I Lol'd hard. Thanks G
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-20-2016, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:

A guy I play xbox .....
You're on Xbox? Let me know when you want a clinic on BF4, soon to be BF1!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2016, 7:07 AM Reply   
I didn't take his comment about accepting the results, the way that the media did. To me, what he was saying is that if there is no blatant voter fraud, he will accept. But, he will have to wait to see if that's the case.

Voter legitimacy was the context, and that's how he answered. I would bet that he explains it that way when pressed on the matter.

I was frustrated that Clinton got away with not answering a couple of the questions...

Arg, the bitch is going to give us another 4 years of awful policy
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-20-2016, 7:16 AM Reply   
Chris Wallace did a great job. He was fair, kept order and pressed for questions to be answered. Handling these two is no easy job.

Can I vote for Wallace? What are his positions?...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-20-2016, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Chris Wallace did a great job. He was fair, kept order and pressed for questions to be answered. Handling these two is no easy job.

Can I vote for Wallace? What are his positions?...
Totally true. He did a great job. It's amazing how fair and balanced Fox News moderators are. All of the other ones seem to be out to impress their fellow libs in the media and tow the party line. Disgusting.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2016, 7:44 AM Reply   
John, there is finally someone saying what you've been preaching for years.

It sounds like Trump's #1 priority will be the trade agreements.

Does this not resonate with you?

Would you even consider casting your vote for him?

You always said you aren't happy with politics as usual, and that you want things to be shaken so that things change.

here is your chance
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-20-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
Are you guys completely unconcerned about the wikileaks thing? I'm definitely with Rubio on this one.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-20-2016, 9:27 AM Reply   
The reason it doesn't resonate with me is that eliminating our trade deficit with a goal of balanced trade is going to take a President that can make the case and sell it to both the American public and the nations that we trade with. Trump coming out and saying he's going to slap a 45% tariff on Chinese made goods is an example of delusional thinking. Just as his stance of lowing taxes while our nation struggles with a budget deficit is bizarre. The man gives me zero confidence. How exactly is the public buying Trump's tariff claim when they should know that at the minimum prices will rise 45% on virtually every retail item in every store? And it's probably more like %60 by the time it hits the retail shelf.

I would never cast my vote for Trump because I'm all too familiar with this personality in the business world and have no intention of ever contributing to the possibility of him in the executive office.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-20-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
It is very concerning that wikileaks was able to obtain documents so easily that our own government was unable to get from someone's personal email accounts

It is very concerning that political figures are conducting important and classified information via personal email accounts.

It is very concerning how corrupt our politics have become in this country.

So yes.. I am very concerned.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-20-2016, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
It is very concerning that wikileaks was able to obtain documents so easily that our own government was unable to get from someone's personal email accounts
Oh man, I haven't followed THAT closely... what documents did wikileaks get that gov't was looking for?
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2016, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
You're on Xbox? Let me know when you want a clinic on BF4, soon to be BF1!
Already playing BF1. I mostly play COD and bounce back and forth on BF. Just played a round last night where I stayed in the same tank the whole match. Wrecked those guys. haha..
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-20-2016, 10:32 AM Reply   
Man, talk about the pile-on. You know you are the goat when Paul Lepage is criticizing you for saying something stupid.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...results-230099
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2016, 10:34 AM Reply   
LoL
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-20-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
lol that looks HELLA shopped.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2016, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The reason it doesn't resonate with me is that eliminating our trade deficit with a goal of balanced trade is going to take a President that can make the case and sell it to both the American public and the nations that we trade with. Trump coming out and saying he's going to slap a 45% tariff on Chinese made goods is an example of delusional thinking. Just as his stance of lowing taxes while our nation struggles with a budget deficit is bizarre. The man gives me zero confidence. How exactly is the public buying Trump's tariff claim when they should know that at the minimum prices will rise 45% on virtually every retail item in every store? And it's probably more like %60 by the time it hits the retail shelf.

I would never cast my vote for Trump because I'm all too familiar with this personality in the business world and have no intention of ever contributing to the possibility of him in the executive office.
The president does not have to sell it to the public. The public A) already understands it because their jobs are gone B) it does not matter because the public does not know what the president does or does not do anyway. The president just needs to get it done.

Not a great negotiator myself, however it seems to be a great tool if the person you are negotiating with believes you will do what you say. Just like Reagan did with the Russians and with union contracts. The other side has to believe your position is possible.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-20-2016, 12:13 PM Reply   
Good point, Delta. I would also add that every candidate for POTUS says things we all know won't happen to the same degree as what's being said. That's universal, no matter which party is doing the talking or promising. I'm sure if Trump made it into the WH he'd be educated real quick on what's realistic or not. In other words, the schtick he puts out now would be tempered by so many cross checks like the house, senate and the media not to mention those in his own party.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-20-2016, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Good point, Delta. I would also add that every candidate for POTUS says things we all know won't happen to the same degree as what's being said. That's universal, no matter which party is doing the talking or promising. I'm sure if Trump made it into the WH he'd be educated real quick on what's realistic or not. In other words, the schtick he puts out now would be tempered by so many cross checks like the house, senate and the media not to mention those in his own party.
What makes you "sure" about that? How many campaign managers has Trump been through? Trump wants to do things his way; all others be damned.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-20-2016, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What makes you "sure" about that? How many campaign managers has Trump been through? Trump wants to do things his way; all others be damned.
Well look what the cat drug in... Where have you been? Out trolling other forums? JK

Campaign managers mean nothing. He can't fire the elected people he'll have to deal with. I also think he's a quick learner. I have faith and will even go so far as to say he'll somewhat "fall in line" if elected when he figures out he can't just bark orders. Don't forget he's a master at deal making. If you listen to people that have dealt with him, most say he is a pleasure to deal with and he's easy to get along with. (unless you're a woman with a crotch worth grabbing). What he shows on the campaign trail and his mouthiness is just his schtick. I don't believe half of what he says about dealing with China like the tarriffs etc, but I know he will make a big positive impact on trade no matter what because it's so dear to his heart. Come on. What have you got to lose? Can't you give a poor billionare a break and vote for him? At least then you won't have to listen to new stories about corruption on a daily basis if the beast gets in.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2016, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
I also think he's a quick learner. I have faith and will even go so far as to say he'll somewhat "fall in line" if elected when he figures out he can't just bark orders.
Wow. I take it you have never had to deal with a narcissist before. I don't think he is either a quick learner or has the capacity "fall in line" or have the emotional intelligence to manage people in any other way than bulling them

Quote:
Don't forget he's a master at deal making. If you listen to people that have dealt with him, most say he is a pleasure to deal with and he's easy to get along with.
If you listen to Donald he will tell you that he is a master deal maker and a pleasure to deal with. I don't recommend listening to any thing Donald says, it frequently doesn't stand up to any scrutiny

Quote:
I don't believe half of what he says
You are half way there.

Quote:
What have you got to lose?
Quite a bit I would say. Things are not great but they could be worse. A lot worse.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-20-2016, 9:13 PM Reply   

The #debate #lol #repost

A video posted by Janisha (@ohhjani) on

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-21-2016, 2:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well look what the cat drug in... Where have you been? Out trolling other forums? JK

Campaign managers mean nothing. He can't fire the elected people he'll have to deal with. I also think he's a quick learner. I have faith and will even go so far as to say he'll somewhat "fall in line" if elected when he figures out he can't just bark orders. Don't forget he's a master at deal making. If you listen to people that have dealt with him, most say he is a pleasure to deal with and he's easy to get along with. (unless you're a woman with a crotch worth grabbing). What he shows on the campaign trail and his mouthiness is just his schtick. I don't believe half of what he says about dealing with China like the tarriffs etc, but I know he will make a big positive impact on trade no matter what because it's so dear to his heart. Come on. What have you got to lose? Can't you give a poor billionare a break and vote for him? At least then you won't have to listen to new stories about corruption on a daily basis if the beast gets in.
The only thing I gather that he has "learned quickly" is opening his mouth. This race would likely be closer if the late night Tweets didn't occur and he didn't constantly try to get laughs and applause at his campaign rallies. Trump has been the most valuable asset to the Clinton campaign. He writes their negative campaigning for them.

"Trolling other forums"; that's cute. Everything I posted is becoming true. Clinton is about to win this election by a large margin. You refuse to face reality and continue to post nonsense. Maybe you need to reconsider who the "troll" actually is or read up on the definition of "trolling".
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-21-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
The only thing I gather that he has "learned quickly" is opening his mouth. This race would likely be closer if the late night Tweets didn't occur and he didn't constantly try to get laughs and applause at his campaign rallies. Trump has been the most valuable asset to the Clinton campaign. He writes their negative campaigning for them.

"Trolling other forums"; that's cute. Everything I posted is becoming true. Clinton is about to win this election by a large margin. You refuse to face reality and continue to post nonsense. Maybe you need to reconsider who the "troll" actually is or read up on the definition of "trolling".
Lol. In your last sentence, you sound like Trump when he said "no, you're the puppet." Lighten up, Francis.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2016, 9:27 AM Reply   
Wake has been trolling for quite some time your activity is well documented no use in trying to spin it from this point.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2016, 9:37 AM Reply   
One saying I keep hearing from Hillary supporters is, somthing like this. "Voting for Hillary is voting for the status quo and things are not so bad so that's what I'm doing"

Here are my thought on that narrative. It's great that Hillary would like to link herself and her style of running the country to Obama. (Trump has even said it) But IMO Hillary is 1000 Times worse & Corrupt then Obama could ever be. Her Pay to Play and getting rich from here so called "government service", is well documented. She is No "status quo or Obama" so IMO if you think a vote for her is keeping things the way they are your very wrong.

#2 The other narrative that you keep hearing is how people have a "FEAR" of Trump and what he will do. do you know what the acronym for fear is. False . Evidence. Appearing. Real
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-21-2016, 10:24 AM Reply   
Voting for Hillary IS like voting for the status quo.... You just have to add a crap ton of corruption and even MORE liberal policies on top of it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-21-2016, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hillary is so much better than Trump that democrats are willing to listen to four more years of republicans foaming at the mouth and whining about the sky falling to kick Trump to the curb. We are willing to endure 4 more years of Faux News sending their minions to social media to predict the demise of civilization to avoid a Trump Presidency. Four more years of right wing fruit cakes screaming about their Constitutional rights being trampled on because they can't deal other people having rights they disagree with. That's how bad Trump is. And the icing on the cake is that he's better than nearly all the other potential GOP nominees.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-21-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wake has been trolling for quite some time your activity is well documented no use in trying to spin it from this point.
Says the biggest dumba$$ on Wakeworld. Sorry if I don't give one crap what you think. And if I'm such a "troll", then how come in my 9 + years on this forum this Trump forum is the only time I have been accused of "trolling"? So I guess that I waited 9 years and over 2,000 posts to "troll". Funny that you and Mark call dissension to your political beliefs "trolling".

Honest question. Do you even know what "trolling" means?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2016, 2:02 PM Reply   
damn guys.
Yall are getting a bit harsh don't ya think?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-21-2016, 2:33 PM Reply   
Mark and Grant have no idea what trolling means.

Also, for those that think Trump wasn't born on third base thinking he hit a triple:
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-21-2016, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Mark and Grant have no idea what trolling means.

Also, for those that think Trump wasn't born on third base thinking he hit a triple:
Uh, hello??? Did you meatheads miss the "JK" after the troll label I posted to Jeremy? Geez! Wes and Jeremy both need to pull those wads of whatever out of their butts and chill. See? Liberals take themselves so seriously that they can't ever laugh at themselves. It's like it has to run through a filter that extracts any semblance of negativity and chew on only that before reacting. You guys are tho thenthitive.

If anything, I was welcoming him back with a figurative punch in the arm after a semi-lengthy absense (not that I missed him or anything). I know exactly what a troll is and Jeremy is not (currently) trolling. I was just trying to make him laugh, hence the JK. A lot of what I post is just tongue-in-cheek joking or giving a hard time to people.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2016, 7:11 PM Reply   
Wake; if you have been here 9+ years you have wasted your life. I seriously never knew who you were untill u spewed your junk here in this thread!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-22-2016, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wake; if you have been here 9+ years you have wasted your life. I seriously never knew who you were untill u spewed your junk here in this thread!
You are either lying or you are suffering from dementia. I roasted you constantly when you posted all of your pro-Romney crap back in 2012. (Remember your Obama clock thread 4 years ago???) Do you not remember how certain you were that Obama was going to lose in 2012. This will be two presidential elections in a row that you have wrongly predicted a GOP victory. Maybe you should do the republicans everywhere a favor; quit making predictions and jinxing their chances of winning.

I guess all of this time I could have been more like you. No one is more uninformed on topics than you and you spell on a 2nd grade level. Talk about "wasting your life"...

Let me make this clear, one more time. I don't give a damn what you think.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-22-2016, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
damn guys.
Yall are getting a bit harsh don't ya think?
I have Cliff. I'm sorry, I don't like being constantly accused of trolling when I have contributed to countless political threads on WW for close to a decade. You and I have had several back and fourths; I don't ever remember you accusing me of trolling.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-22-2016, 7:47 AM Reply   

For those of you who think that this thread is a waste of time -- it's not if you are willing to try. As a violent anarchy advocating socialist sheeple (i.e. a dem) I've learned a lot from the conservatives here. If nothing else you've helped me understand your arguments and better articulate mine. My stances on a lot of issues have evolved because of your well reasoned arguments.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
Trolling has different forms. Wake Trolls for Replys, by insulting people. His history of it is all over this thread. Wake learn how to elevate your point not your attacks, I don't mind a different point of view justbtry it with out the personal attacks. I will take some of my own advice from this point on.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2016, 10:59 AM Reply   
Scion is a stupid name for a luxury hotel, they should have called it Drumpf!
http://www.travelandleisure.com/hote...p-scion-hotels
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-22-2016, 6:31 PM Reply   
Terry Tate making American great again.

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-22-2016, 7:29 PM Reply   
nope, wake, I've enjoyed our conversations. I agree with shawndoggy, that my perspectives have evolved somewhat.
I've made a pledge to post more in the wake section next season and slow down a bit on all of the political/polarizing posts.

Hopefully I can stick to that plan :-)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-23-2016, 12:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Terry Tate making American great again.

That's funny. More promotion of animal-like violence from the left. Classic. Thanks for that "true colors" evidence. Even funnier is the fact that Hildabeast falls down all by herself. No help or influence needed.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-23-2016, 12:45 AM Reply   
Aww, lighten up there Marky Mark. Maybe I should put a "JK."
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
Voted today. It was the first day of early voting. There was a really good turn out. A whole lot of people left to vote tomorrow or later. The general consensus was for everyone to vote. They required photo ID to vote in my precinct. No one had any issues coming up with an acceptable ID. Everyone got along fine even if they were voting differently. I will be glad when all this mess is over.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-24-2016, 11:13 AM Reply   
Good work Robert! My wife and I voted on Saturday (also the first day here). Line was longer than I expected but didn't take too long. Gotta say, after voting I looked back at the 100 or so people in line who came after me, and it choked me up a bit. It really gives me the patriotic warm fuzzies to see my fellow citizens peacefully standing in line to cast their votes. Good work America!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Aren't you guys worried that an esteemed WW poster, will drop a truth bomb with irrefutable logic at the last minute which changes your voting preference and you will be like drat, I voted wrong?
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Boy I remember the good old days of standing in line to vote , I filled out my ballot licked the envelope stuck a stamp on it put it in the mail and voila, Oregon makes it the way it should be.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-24-2016, 12:32 PM Reply   
Same here Scott, mailed mine in yesterday. Next best thing to doing it from my phone lol.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-24-2016, 9:09 PM Reply   
and voter fraud has not been proven...ever....?

O.I.C.

http://tribunist.com/news/early-vote...d-to-democrat/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-24-2016, 9:37 PM Reply   
Cliff, you know no one has said that. Fraud is statistically insignificant. Did you even read your article? There was no fraud involved and one machine was calibrated wrong and fixed...
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-25-2016, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
and voter fraud has not been proven...ever....?

O.I.C.

http://tribunist.com/news/early-vote...d-to-democrat/
While it is true that there was a calibration error, that is a 2 year old story that the tribunist plagiarized...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...is-county.html
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-25-2016, 6:11 AM Reply   
I watched John Oliver last night and he had a good stat on Voter Fraud. Wasn't it like 32 cases of actual voter fraud in the past 16 years? If I'm off feel free to correct me. The same number of babies named that were born with the name "Abcde" on their birth certificate.

CWB is right, everyone should vote. Some early numbers from Nevada are showing Republicans are not showing up to early voting as they did 2008 and 2012.
Old    deltahoosier            10-25-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Hillary is so much better than Trump that democrats are willing to listen to four more years of republicans foaming at the mouth and whining about the sky falling to kick Trump to the curb. We are willing to endure 4 more years of Faux News sending their minions to social media to predict the demise of civilization to avoid a Trump Presidency. Four more years of right wing fruit cakes screaming about their Constitutional rights being trampled on because they can't deal other people having rights they disagree with. That's how bad Trump is. And the icing on the cake is that he's better than nearly all the other potential GOP nominees.
You would have said the exact same thing if it was Cruz, Rubio, Carson and so on... nothing new here.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-25-2016, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
You would have said the exact same thing if it was Cruz, Rubio, Carson and so on... nothing new here.
I cannot speak for John, but I would have definitely voted for Kasich over Clinton and likely I would've voted for Rand Paul. I would've considered Rubio, but I would never consider voting for Carson or Cruz.

The GOP would've likely won the election if they nominate Kasich. Each election, since 2008, the GOP seems to get worse in nominating candidates. I'm predicting Vanilla Ice or Scott Baio as the GOP nominee in 2020.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-25-2016, 10:51 AM Reply   
I could totally get behind Jon Huntsman too.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-25-2016, 11:50 AM Reply   
"The only thing I gather that he has "learned quickly" is opening his mouth. This race would likely be closer if the late night Tweets didn't occur and he didn't constantly try to get laughs and applause at his campaign rallies. Trump has been the most valuable asset to the Clinton campaign. He writes their negative campaigning for them. "
This is true! Hillary, has the best commercial and has repeated it over several months. Trump has not even come close! I Don't know what all the talk about Trump winning the last debate was, Hillary did Not fall down, therefor Hillary wins again! I wanted to vote for Trump just to see DC shaken up! Both parties are losers because they put their own interests first and Not America's! So, when I got my ballot, my pen would Not even come close to the Trump bubble! I could only vote for Hillary! Strange, maybe she had a subliminal messages in her add? or maybe when I hear Trump say "Make America great again", what he really means is "Make Trump Great again!"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2016, 1:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
^^ Have you watched the Netflix documentary the 13th? Really really good and really hammers both democrats and republicans for this privatized prison system we have. Watching it makes me really scared of both candidates.
I just finished watching this. What struck me was not so much about private prisons (which are corrupt) but how easily we are manipulated to hate and fear each other.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-26-2016, 5:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, you could have said that about the others. But fact of the matter, they would be leading those rigged polls that Trump is so far behind in.

I keep saying it, you guys had 16 other choices and settled with Trump. Any other candidate that came across that stage would have beat Hillary. Republicans are getting what they getting what they asked for. Maybe that's why no one will face the facts with Trump?

On our side, we didn't have much of a choice. We were pretty much railroaded into Hillary.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-26-2016, 6:20 AM Reply   
You do realize the same can be said for Hillary.. you had other choices and this was the best the party could puke up. Any other candidate in the world easily beats trump. This is only even remotely close because both are a disaster and suck extremely bad.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-26-2016, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
You do realize the same can be said for Hillary.. you had other choices and this was the best the party could puke up. Any other candidate in the world easily beats trump. This is only even remotely close because both are a disaster and suck extremely bad.
Did you read the full message? Who were the other choices that Dems had? When I went to cast my ballot in the primaries I only had two choices. One of which didn't stand a chance because of the DNC primary process. Which is what I mean when I said we were railroaded into Hillary. You guys had 16 candidates to choose from!!!!! Even if independent voters couldn't vote in most states primaries, identified Republicans had choices.

I agree, anyone else would be so far ahead of Trump. It is amazing this race is even a question.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-26-2016, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Out of that list i would have preferred Trump. I even said he's better than most of the others. At least with Trump there's a sporting chance he will stab all his supporters in the back if he got in the executive office. The guy has shown a liberal background in the past.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-26-2016, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
One of which didn't stand a chance because of the DNC primary process.
Uh, nobody was stopping Bernie from tirelessly working his state party connections to garner superdelegates.

Parties are private clubs. If they want to structure their rules in a way that give the party a little more say-so over the candidate selection that's their prerogative. The primary process in and of itself is a fairly recent creation.

Consider how much better off the GOP might have been this election cycle with some superdelegates.