Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
Looking to upgrade boards, Little background beginner to intermediate surfer working on 360s. I am 5'7 140 pounds and we ride behind a 1999 Centurion Elite V. Our current board is a Hyperlite broadcast(hate it after riding a couple skim boards). I am looking to get a good skim board, that is easy to spin, carve and fun to ride, I really want to progress this season. Would like it to be easy for others to use on the boat. I have rode both liquid force custom and liquid force tc custom. The custom(older model) was good and when I demoed the 2013 Tc Custom I really liked it. I have yet to ride the other two. I can get a 2013 Tc Custom on ebay for about $350, I am also interested in the Tripple X composite Pro, our local shop that I demoed the tc custom from has them but we moved so I can't really demo them now but they have it for $350 plus $90 off due to a credit from there demo program so would cost me $260. How does it ride compared to the tc custom? My last option would be to go all out and maybe get something like the Phase Five Danielo Diamond. Haven't rode it but would assume I would like it if it rides similar to the tc custom, but I am having a hard time justifying the price plus not 100 Percent sure I would Like it since I have not rode it yet. My main debate is between either going cheaper and getting the tc custom or the triple x or just spending more money now so I don't have to upgrade later on. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-20-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
Have you considered Victoria skim boards? Cheaper than P5 and performance about equal to P5 I've been told.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-20-2014, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have also considered those as well, Looks like those you have to order online correct? I would also prefer a skim board that is still fairly stable no to squriley. I thought the LF TC Custom was pretty stable and didn't ever pearl on me vs our Broadcast seems to be prone to pearl.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-21-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
Paul, in 2014 LF changed the construction of the TC skim. The 2013 was a clear polyurethane/polyester board. It is very heavy for a skim, and pretty much falls apart. The channels are cut too deep, they flex and crack right up. I have fixed a about a dozen of them. For 2014, they softened up the channels and went with a lighter, but more resilient construction. It is no longer a clear board, but painted. The 2014 is a bit more money than you can get a 2013 right now, but a much better board.

Victoria is a good brand for less expensive skims.

The 3x boards have a tendencies to delaminate. They are really poorly constructed price point boards. They look OK on the shelf, but aren't worth the the time and effort.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2014, 4:14 PM Reply   
What do you think of the Victoria Agent?
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-21-2014, 4:34 PM Reply   
The agent is a good board. It is roughly the same as the old calibrate piscus, whihc was a favorite amongst many people.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-21-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
The Agent is actually pretty different than the Calibrated Piscus. I used to ride the Piscus for two years, but on Victoria I prefer the Factor.
The Agent is extremely fast down the line, but is very stable rail to rail. It has an extra wide tail which limits the boards responsiveness rail to rail. This makes the board super easy to learn and progress on because it can handle mistakes. It also spins like none other. The downside is that it its width makes it harder to pump to set up for airs. It is the perfect skimboard for people getting their first high end skimboard. You can also put straight beginners on it. It's awesome.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2014, 6:36 PM Reply   
Right now I am thinking either last years Danielo Diamond(2013 $530) or the Victoria agent($450) what would you choose? Also I am 5'8 140 pounds but would like to be able to have other use it as we'll, what size? Was thinking the M
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-21-2014, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake1012 View Post
Right now I am thinking either last years Danielo Diamond(2013 $530) or the Victoria agent($450) what would you choose? Also I am 5'8 140 pounds but would like to be able to have other use it as we'll, what size? Was thinking the M

I've got a P5 Danielo Pro Carbon, 2013 model with Alligator, for $500. Immaculate shape and always stored in a board bag. Let me know if you're interested .

I'm the same size as you, so it'd do well for ya. The board is "51, and a variety of riders up to 180# have had no problem going ropeless on the board.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-22-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have been riding the Agent for over a year and have done great with it. It is fast and responsive for this old man. A medium is probable the right size.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2014, 6:11 AM Reply   
Does the agent still carve well? I know the lf tc was easy to carve on. Rode my friends soulcraft skimboard liked it but couldn't carve to much on it maybe just needed more time to get used to it? What would everyone get in my position the agent or last years diamond? Thanks
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-29-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Does the agent still carve well? I know the lf tc was easy to carve on. Rode my friends soulcraft skimboard liked it but couldn't carve to much on it maybe just needed more time to get used to it? What would everyone get in my position the agent or last years diamond? Thanks
Both are good boards and you cannot go wrong with either.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-29-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejoeco View Post
Both are good boards and you cannot go wrong with either.
x2
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-29-2014, 12:47 PM Reply   
Keenan Pro 4-Skim from Inland Surfer

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/boards/2014/keenan_pro.htm