Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-11-2011, 8:56 PM Reply   
Well, I swore when I sold my 2005 Supra 22 SSV last Summer, that I would control myself and run the stock stereo on my next boat. Worst case I was going to buy 10 Ipods and hand them out on the boat. I ended up buying a 2010 MB F21 Tomcat with no tower speakers and a basic interior setup. After spending a few months riding with no music, being hounded by my daughters, and missing my old system, which I thought was a loud and clean system, I decided to look into getting a system on the boat.

I have listened to many tower systems, but I kept remembering an Exile tower setup that I really liked. I contacted Dennis at Liquid Trends and explained that I was interested in a modest setup and was interested in Exile. Dennis knew what my old setup sounded like and arranged for me to hear an Exile Tower setup.

I fell in love with the mid-bass! After a lot of discussion, we decided to install a hybrid setup. My modest system grew into a larger system to meet what I really wanted. Can't blame Dennis for this, he just provided me with information so i could make an informed decision. Dennis then worked with Exile Audio to place the tower speakers to maximize the sound quality in the boat and way out there somewhere too.

Equipment:

Tower:
2 Pairs STX65
1 Pair XM7

Cabin:
3 Pairs SX65C
1 XI12D Sub woofer

Amps:
XI1000W Harpoon (Tower)
XI800.4 (Cabin)
XI1500.1 (Sub)

I decided on a Alpine IDA-X305S HU and Audio Contol EQ.. I love how I have complete Ipod control from the HU and it has the abilty to stream Pandora. The EQ gives me the ability to use the line in to control from the Ipod if I want.

This setup absolutely KNOCKS! Sound quality and volume of sound is way more than I expected. The best part is my girls will quit giving me a hard time about my "naked tower".

Big thanks to Dennis and the rest of the LT Crew for all the effort on this successful install. Thanks to Exile for making great product that I am sure to enjoy for years! Well if Julie doesn't kill me (I have assured her that I spent less than the cost of 10 Ipods.

Video of the Sub doing its thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eghk5zgh3QM
Tower Audio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avpGYUGIKkQ

I will post pics of install when I get them.

Couple pics. of the boat and the girls enjoying the Exile beats.
Attached Images

Last edited by supratweaked; 04-11-2011 at 9:02 PM.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-11-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
I've heard that exact same setup and it's impressive for sure. I'm diggin that peanut butter intererior on black boat. Reminds me of the parks xstar.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2011, 5:17 AM Reply   
I love the look of the Exile speakers, and like the idea of the hybrid setup.

What did you do for batteries?

How do you like the sub? I looked up the specs on it, seems to be a very efficient woofer. I assume you have it in a vented enclosure?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-12-2011, 6:19 AM Reply   
Wow, that is sick. Looks great!!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2011, 8:03 AM Reply   
that tower video is insane.

sick boat and set up.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-12-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Where did you mount the Exhile sub? Is it in the stock location? If not, what did you do with the stock 10" sub?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-12-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
Yeah I saw this on their FB page. Looks awesome! Great color combo on the boat and excellent equipment choice, Kudos! You should try the outter tower speakers a little off axis to disperse the sound field a little more.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-12-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
That interior does look awesome but doesn't it burn you with a little bit of sun?!
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-12-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
Benjamin - For now we will be running three lead-acid batteries with a quick connect for a fourth just in case I happen to make to Spring Ride. Love the Sub! Assumption is correct, sub box is ported.

DBC - The new sub location is in drivers footwell. The stock sub was removed (I thought it would take away from the system). Dennis and I talked about putting a second sub in that location, but decided that the reward versus cost was not worth it for me. Still working on what to do with the hole. Worst case is that I install some screen over the hole and then install a grill. Any other ideas?

Hate - By off axis, do you mean to rotate the outside speakers a little? The outer pair are STX65 and are rotated a little. Picture does not show this very well. The next set are the XM7 which I am sure you know can be rotated very easily. Thanks for the input.

Eubanks - The interior seems to get about as hot as grey interior vinyl , just more of it on this boat. The Bimini is huge on this boat, so that helps. Plus I toughen my feet by walking barefooted on 100 degree days.

Thanks for all the positive input.

Vince
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-12-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hate - By off axis, do you mean to rotate the outside speakers a little? The outer pair are STX65 and are rotated a little. Picture does not show this very well. The next set are the XM7 which I am sure you know can be rotated very easily. Thanks for the input.
Yeah thats what I meant and looking at the picture again I can see now that they are.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-12-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Do you stream pandora via the ipod sync cord using previously recorded pandora or do you use a stereo mini jack cord into the headphone jack of the Ipod? On the other hand are you using a different method? Thanks for your advice.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
That set up looks so clean! I cant wait to hear it
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-15-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
Man that tower system video is unreal!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-15-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
insane! congrats and a great install! is that one of the old WCC boats? Love the interior too! I know the wake is mackin as well.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
Looks and sounds good man. Would like to see it in person out on the delta.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
Looks good Vince
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-17-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
Packrat - With the EQ I have the option of doing both. I can use the stereo jack orthe sync cord. Wife took it out yesterday and stramed Pandora via an Iphone and it worked great.

Mitch and Hillbilly - You know my number when you want to hit the D.

Slipnot - It is an old WCC boat and yes the wake is mackin. there have been several 9's landed behind it. looking for someone to land a ten. I had to get special approval from my girls before buying this boat (they are total wake snobs).

Cory - We ride out of Orwood on weekends and some week nights. Can be found Railroad, Old River or Vocs. PM me if you would like to get together.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Vince