Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old    pdxWAKE.com            10-20-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Got to check out the new Supra Vision or whatever they call it, but it is pretty cool. It uses zero off GPS and it is all integrated into the wakeplate and ballast. You can even see where you are on a map and the water depth around you. Even shows bridges on the map and their height. We did not get to play with it on the water, but we were at Active Water Sports and you can actually see where we are by the cross on the map just off the water at the shop. Pretty cool and hope to play with it on the water some time. Here are a few pics of it...

Upload
Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-20-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
That is the best one I have seen if they have incorporated Nobletec or some other charting software with it.

I still am leery about how much a dealer is going to rape you when one of these or the computer goes out after warranty.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-20-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
Oh so Supra copied Centurian, who copied Tige, who copied Nautique, who copied Mastercraft, who copied Bu, who Copied the auto industry, who copied the aero space industry, who copied the space industy, who copied Al Gore, who got his plans from the aliens! I guess if you can't lead right?
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-20-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
But, where are the pictures of the new tower option.....??
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-20-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
http://www.supraboats.com/worldspackage/

Not positive, but pretty sure this will be it. I'm not a fan...but-to each blah blah.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-20-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
I think it looks ok.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-20-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Damn that boat sits low in the bow.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
that screen looks killer. The tower sure looks a lot like the Tomcat tower...
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-20-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
nubu - i was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering where/how they'll mount the mirror.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            10-20-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
I think that new tower looks awesome! Is it an option or is it standard on all boat?

nubu,
I think that was used for towing the worlds, so it looks to be totally slammed and that boat likes the weight up front.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-20-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
yes that is the new tower, it is an option....

that picture is actually from the worlds comp so that boat is heavily weighted......

havent seen anything yet about how they will address the miror.....
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-20-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
That is a slammed worlds - looks like an xstar does under weight. It is a super deep-v. But the transom of the boat doesnt' look like it's riding low at all. Have they maybe raised the platform so when weighted it is not underwater?

Has anyone done more to integrate the different systems? Using PP readout to adjust trim tab and ballast is pretty nice. And that map feature is sure slick. With that said I would gladly take something I can fix myself. Just stick a gps on the dash for me. If it fails, no big deal.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-20-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
The 22's look like that weighted down too, because the Supra's need a lot of bow weight.'

I noticed on Indmar's site that they offer a marine version of the 5.7's in the Supra's as an upgrade option... Is Supra offering a saltwater series boat for 2010?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-20-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
If the new depth screen can help me not hit stumps, I'm all for it. I wonder if you can get cheaper insurance b/c of it. I know you can if you have a depth finder
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-20-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Nice looking screen. From a quick look at that detail, you probably need to purchase BlueChart (or compatible nav charts). One problem with those charts is they do not accurately cover a lot of inland US waterways.

Not trying to pooh pooh the idea and hats off to the designers but for my application, it may be used once and I certainly would not pay to get the chart software.
Old     (sandm)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-20-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
buddies fishing boat has a depthfinder that has a screen similar to that one. he just picked it up a couple months ago. same features that the supra has(well, no ballast, plate or cruise). he commented that some inland lakes are very well charted and some are not.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-20-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
cal- im pretty sure you could always get closed cooling on a supra i know they offer it on the 340hp cat motor
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-20-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
just noticed supra finally put some info on their website about the system............ http://supraboats.com/vision/

they are renderings but i have seen actual pictures of the main screen and that is exactly what it looks like........if you read the website you can see that it does more than just look cool...it has engine diagnostics, controls multimedia, has integrated speed volume control, controls ballast, smart plate, zero-off, etc.....
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-20-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Looks pretty cool.
I hope they did a better job of integrating different iPod functions than the Black Box.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-20-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Those screens are getting better. I'm still not sold completely on them as they look a little out of place still, mainly with how they are incorporated into/flow with the dash... but definitely getting nicer.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-21-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
I've got to play with the Supra Vision, was really impressed with how interactive it makes everything.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-26-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
That new tower looks kinda out of place. It is an option right?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
Are you going to need a 10ft garage door to get that tower inside it?