Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-06-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have a 89' supra comp closed bow. Up in the nose there is a divider board, left is storage and right is just dead space which I have my amps in to keep dry. I'm thinking of taking the divider board out and putting in a triangle fat sac 500-1000lbs. Question?? Has anyone done this? Or have you taken out the divider board? Jet

p.s. anyone running that much nose weight?
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-06-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Good luck! I can't imagine the comps keeping the nose out of the water as is... can't imagine one with that much nose-weight in it. I'd play with a removal bag before you hard plumb anything in.

Ask over at the supraboats.com/bbs site for other owners....
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-06-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
I have a 400 lbs up front now, no big deal. I've had 1500-1600 around the eng before with a nice wake. But now I'm trying to clear the floor for more people and I'm running a 400lbs up front and a 750 in the rear with no probs. Even my wife drives it that way. BUT! I need more weight now 1000lbs just not enough, so I'm looking for new ways to weight. Jet

p.s. now if she can just learn to hold her speed! LOL!
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-13-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
Bueler..bueler..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
I'd stick some lead up there. Or a couple bags of concrete. 6 bags = 480 lbs. No water pumping around to get amps wet. Dense so you don't use much space. I'd try to store jackets, ropes, boards and whatever else up there to free up space.

You certainly won't fill the triangle sac so it's a little overkill in the first place. Not cheap either. I don't think you'd want that much up front anyway.

Divider board: if it doesn't support anything, rip it out.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-14-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
Hey Nacho..Well I wouldn't fill it up all the way. I am using a 400lbs in there right now with no prob's, so I figured i could do at least 600-700lbs? Just wanted to see if anyone else was already doing it. Hey, did your eng and other projects go this summer? Any pic's?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-19-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Jet pretty sure you have seen mine? I use dual 400s in the bow. This lets me fill one side or the other for surfing. 1000lbs is way too much bow weight IMHO and even in my SunSport it would take the entire bow storage. With the 400s they are tucked into the corners and most of the open bow is still usable. I can link you to pics if you PM me.

In the rear I use a 350 in the rear ski locker (longer and skinnier than the 400) and another 350 under the rear bench seat (this one wont fill up fully). I also have 100lbs in weight-bench weights that are easy to more around.

This is pretty much all the weight I use but if there is a small crew for the day we might fill the surf sac on the floor up a little bit. Normally we keep that stored away unless we are surfin.

Stop by supraforums.com/bbs too bud hope you're doin well
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-19-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Hey! yeah I remember you and your boat. No..I was just thinking 600-700 in the front. can you post your set up here, so they can see it also? OR PM you
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-19-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
Hey Mikey..whats the fresh air exhaust your talking about in your profile. Is that the down turned exhaust system for surfing?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-21-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
FAE takes the exhaust and forces it underwater and into the propwash like an I/O. Reduce Exhaust Noise up to 75%, Reduce Carbon Monoxide up to 90%. It is really good stuff. You can hear a whisper at full speed. http://www.freshairexhaust.com/

I will have to post some ballast stuff a bit later.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
sounds good
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-21-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
Hey jet. Haven't made any progress.... I usually went to the lake on my buddies boat instead of working on mine. Winter project fo sho.

I'm putting a bigger fuel pump on it too. I'll take some pics when I get back on it.
Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-21-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   
I have an old conbrio which is the open bow version of the comp. I have no idea how you are taking that much weight. I have a hard time keeping my nose out of the lake as is. I have accidentally added quite a bit of ballast if you know what i mean.
How big is your wake? This is about average for us. Hecka small.Upload
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-22-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
The wake is ok..12-15"?? Just not peaky enough. Yeah you have to watch out for other boat wakes coming towards the front, but we usually ride in off hrs, and i have had my boat for 12-13 yrs and know how to handle the weight. Even taught my wife how to drive it weighted. After the rider drops you have to half throttle for a few seconds..then 1/4..then drop off to idle..then you have to turn slightly and stay in a holding pattern for 10-20 seconds and let the wakes go by, then you can go pick up the rider. If you ever see a rouge wave coming just throttle up over it. OK ROOKIES..notice I didn't say POWER TURN!! Silly wally's Jet

dan you have any pic's of yours?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-26-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Here's a link to what I posted on the Supra forums

http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=5013