Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-22-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Just looking to switch up boards... and there's lots of good deals on closeout 09 stuff. Been looking at Ronix One or Viva.

I currently ride a 06 absolute plat.. I like the lite weight, but trying to get something with some more pop. Its starting to fall apart a little too, delaminating on the edges a bit. I can't seem to get crazy good height/hangtime, but I can push out into the flats pretty easy. Probably mostly me and not the board, but thats another story.

I'm an intermediate rider at best. Not sure if I should get something thats a more agressive 3stage (One) or a more consistant ride (viva).

Thanks in advance
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-22-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
BTW... I'm 6'0, 195lbs, and ride a 141 now.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
You can Handle either one. I rode the ONE from it's conception, till' I rode the Viva this year. Personally, I preferred the Viva. It's speed is incredible for the amount of pop it gives, and it has very forgiving landings. Try both of them out, and see what's best. You can't go wrong with either.
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-22-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
i know its not what your looking at but i ride the ibex an love it!!! i will be switching to the ONE for next season...
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
I think either one will accomplish what you want. The Viva has more pop than I was expecting. The One will have that little bit more.

Either way, I think you will be stoked.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-22-2009, 10:54 PM Reply   
Rode the old park series for the last 4 years, which in my opinion is polar opposite of the CWB board...Bought a Ronix One 3 weeks ago and was very impressed. It is a good cross between an 06' Byerly (more similar to CWB's ride) and the hyperlite Parks board. It had comparable pop to both boards, decent edge speed (but not to fast), and easy to control butter slides. My buddy had his best and most consistent set of the year hands down on the Ronix (as far landings and good pop goes).

Cheers,
DC

(Message edited by denystaucd on September 22, 2009)
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2009, 2:18 AM Reply   
SLINGSHOT! www.slingshotwake.com you can buy whole setups for like 300 bucks! new

(Message edited by ghettofab on September 23, 2009)
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-23-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
i ride the one and love it! the pop is awesome and it has great speed. releases off the wake real clean to. cant go wrong with the one
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-23-2009, 5:58 AM Reply   
I gotta say that I love my Viva. It's got a VERY aggressive continuous rocker, bordering on a 3stage. They rounded off the edges from the Covin shape, making it more playful and forgiving than the last shape. Also, I would recommend the .8 fins instead of the 1.0's. Very fast cut, big, solid, consistent boot, and solid landings. would highly recommend it.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-23-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
I am looking at the same two boards and currently ride an 05 parks board. I have demoed the mana, last years covin and a few hyperlite boards and the covin was my favorite. Before trying the covin I was going to get the one but now im starting to lean towards the viva. I would love to demo both but dont think I will get the chance to by the end of the year.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-23-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
Hmm... all great advice. My buddy wants a new board also so I think I'll pick of of em and he can get the other... best of both worlds!

Czimmerman... how would you describe the ibex in comparason to these other boards? I haven't heard much or even seen many people rockin that board.