Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (02redws6ta)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
I just installed a Pioneer Premier 510 head unit in the boat and it's not powering up. The boat is a 1999 205V It's a pretty straight forward install but apparently I did something wrong. I could have blow a fuse but I've never seen a fuse like these before so I don't know if it's good or bad.

I've double checked the wiring and it all seems to be good. Any suggestions would be good.

Thanks
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
trace the power and ground wires something has to be touching if you are blowing fuses.. also could be a defective head unit.. the first thing I would try is to take the unit out, and hook up directly to a battery and see if it powers up.. if you blow a fuse right away then the head unit is bad.. if it powers on and stays on then you have some internal wiring issues
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-21-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Do you have constant and switched 12V? What about ground? That's all it really could be.

What type of fuse does it have that you have'nt seen before?
Old     (02redws6ta)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
I just hooked it up straight to the battery, 12v/12v and ground/ground and I got nothing out of either of my head units. I'm getting 12 volts out of my meter when I test the wires on the harness with each other (12v and ground both from the harness) but still no power. The fuse on the radio is good so I'm at a loss. I know the old head unit works but I got nothing out out of that when I hooked it up straight to the battery either. Maybe I've been out of the stereo game to long and I'm just retarded now but I'm apparently missing something.

The fuses are like these big white boxes, I've just never seen anything like it.
Old     (02redws6ta)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
Ignore the last post, I am retarded.

Ok I got both units to power up, I'm not getting any voltage out of the 12 volt constant (yellow) at all. I must have blown a fuse at some point because my horn/heater/stereo weren't working and when I hooked the constant up to the battery the heater kicked on, the horn worked, and the head unit powered up.

Any ideas on what would stop those three things from working?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-21-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
Not familiar with your boat, but most of the time there's a circuit breaker in teh boat that controls the accessories. It could possibly be tripped and you can't tell by looking at it. Reset it, then close it back in.

Otherwise I'd look at the fuses in the boat under the dash. Check around the batteries also to make sure none of your battery cables have come loose or a circuit breaker there isn't tripped
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-22-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
Power doesnt come out of the head unit's yellow constant, that is the head unit's constant for the memory function. You need the yellow wired to Batt+ and the small red wire to switched 12V. and ground to Batt-.